ADVERTISEMENT

Initial ESPN FPI Rankings

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
Put IU at 66. IU will have to prove it in the field.
Projected record is 4-8. 18.4 chance for 6-6.
  • Ohio State Buckeyes (No. 2)
  • Michigan Wolverines (No. 7)
  • Penn State Nittany Lions (No. 12)
  • Michigan State Spartans (No. 16)
  • Wisconsin Badgers (No. 21)
  • Cincinnati Bearcats (No. 32)
  • Nebraska Cornhuskers (No. 35)
  • Iowa Hawkeyes (No. 38)
  • Minnesota Golden Gophers (No. 40)
  • Maryland Terrapins (No. 43)
  • Purdue Boilermakers (No. 44)
  • WKU Hilltoppers (No. 65)
  • Indiana Hoosiers (No. 66)
  • Illinois Fighting Illini (No. 73)
  • Northwestern Wildcats (No. 82)
  • Rutgers Scarlet Knights (No. 83)

• Idaho Vandals (FCS NR)
https://www.si.com/college/indiana/...-college-football-power-index-11th-in-big-ten

https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi

Put IU at 66. IU will have to prove it in the field.
Projected record is 4-8. 18.4 chance for 6-6.
  • Ohio State Buckeyes (No. 2)
  • Michigan Wolverines (No. 7)
  • Penn State Nittany Lions (No. 12)
  • Michigan State Spartans (No. 16)
  • Wisconsin Badgers (No. 21)
  • Cincinnati Bearcats (No. 32)
  • Nebraska Cornhuskers (No. 35)
  • Iowa Hawkeyes (No. 38)
  • Minnesota Golden Gophers (No. 40)
  • Maryland Terrapins (No. 43)
  • Purdue Boilermakers (No. 44)
  • WKU Hilltoppers (No. 65)
  • Indiana Hoosiers (No. 66)
  • Illinois Fighting Illini (No. 73)
  • Northwestern Wildcats (No. 82)
  • Rutgers Scarlet Knights (No. 83)

• Idaho Vandals (FCS NR)
https://www.si.com/college/indiana/...-college-football-power-index-11th-in-big-ten

https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi
It is what it is, but I think the IU defense is going to be surprisingly good. And I think the offense will be better too, hence I think we can surpass these low expectations. But let them keep us low and humble pre-season!

I hope this gives the team the right mind set heading into this season as IU must prove it is much better than others think it will be. 2021 was a storm of things going wrong and I can't see that in 2022. I expect the defense to be very good and offense to be much better with ST being solid.

I never would have expected the 2020 Covid Hoosiers to go 6-1. And never would I have expected the 2021 Hoosiers to lose every freaking conference game. So tossing these two seasons out we are back to the old familiar stomping grounds - #66. Seems like the Hoosiers have spent a lot of time in this neighborhood.

On the bright side recruiting is now significantly better. On the dark side the OL situation seems to be unchanged. I'll go with 4-8 as long as Hiller is the OL coach.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk30
That's pretty discouraging based on the last 3-4 years of recruiting class rankings. How do you consistently rake 35-40-ish type classes but overall predicted to be 66?

That's pretty discouraging based on the last 3-4 years of recruiting class rankings. How do you consistently rake 35-40-ish type classes but overall predicted to be 66?
It seems to me to be too heavily based on last year's performance. Although, if anything, IU is getting some benefit of the doubt considering how bad last season was.

But I think Cinci & MSU are overrated considerably on there. Also Michigan, because even though they've always got talent, I'll bet that last season was a significant aberration with a 12-1 record going into the playoffs.

It seems to me to be too heavily based on last year's performance. Although, if anything, IU is getting some benefit of the doubt considering how bad last season was.

But I think Cinci & MSU are overrated considerably on there. Also Michigan, because even though they've always got talent, I'll bet that last season was a significant aberration with a 12-1 record going into the playoffs.
Is it based on last year though? I'd have figured Purdue would be higher then since they had 9 wins and return a ton of 2 deeps. Idk. I also agree on msu. Not sure the hype. Wouldn't bet on them without a Heisman RB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT