ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana may have to hire a heavy to become legit again

Johnny Fairplay

Sophomore
Nov 17, 2014
Some friends and I were talking about this today. Sometimes too much time goes by. Sometimes new powers surround you. Maybe your program doesn't adjust to the modern game.

Whatever the case, there comes a time to get serious. Alabama went out and would not take no for an answer from Saban. Michigan went out and got Harbaugh. UK did what it took to get Calipari. UNC pried Roy Williams from Kansas. Ohio State landed Urban Meyer. Arizona gets Sean Miller after he says no to us. A freaking commuter college in Louisville gets Rick Pitino.

Serious programs get it done. Unfortunately, our administration has been dicking around 20 years now while programs have beeen leap frogging us left and right. We aren't a top 20 program anymore, let alone a top 5 program. And this has caused bitterness to seep into the fanbase. Bitterness doesn't happen overnight, it takes a long time to fester. I think that is what you are finally seeing with our fanbase now. Bitterness. Nobody wants to hear any rah rah right now. Its show us or get GTFO. Crean, Glass, all of them.

This program needs a serious big hire when the time comes. A hire that will bring instant legitimacy and credibility. I'm just not sure that Indiana has the will or competency to get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News