ADVERTISEMENT

I think I've discovered what's wrong with the modern world

When they had clean workers and cared it was the gold standard of fast food. Never in your life have you ever tasted so much salt. Construction workers lined up for blocks to get those roast beef sandwiches. How many times did I scream F*UCK THE LINE’S TOO LONG!!!!! That place was the real deal bitch
Those sandwiches look good. Only stayed in Missouri it looks like and only a couple across the river in Illinois and same with KC a couple in Kansas. Interesting, I've never heard of them. There still has to be a couple good locations yes?

I hate when a restaurant grills the bun with butter. I always tell them no butter in the bun. There’s plenty of grease and fat on a burger without that. ;)
What about a steak? You ever cast iron a steak and put a slab of garlic butter on top and then baste it before you serve it?

Those sandwiches look good. Only stayed in Missouri it looks like and only a couple across the river in Illinois and same with KC a couple in Kansas. Interesting, I've never heard of them. There still has to be a couple good locations yes?
I don’t know of a good one now. All run down and just have the dirtiest looking employees you’ve ever seen. All kidding aside they were fantastic when they were clean and still newish. Put shitty old Arby’s down to one location. And Rax right out of business.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Yes I have. I have a ribbed cast iron skillet for steak when I don't feel like using the grill. Garlic butter is a good addition for a nice steak.
When I met with by buddies yesterday my brother called and was picking up some beef tenderloin. He asked me to smoke it...I looked at my buddies and said anyone smoke a beef tenderloin and 1 did. I said I think I'll smoke it and then cut it and sear it on the flat top. Good idea but it would lose all the juice. So here is what we all decided. I'm gonna smoke it today and get it to an internal of 120...Smoking at about 225. Let it rest and roll it in Saran wrap and fridge over night. Tomorrow cut it (like filets) and get it to room temperature. I have a Blackstone flat top. Im gonna sear it on the Blackstone to whatever temp. people want from rare on up and then finish off with some seasoned butter.

Were thinking that the smoker will season all night with smokiness from today and should give it delicious flavor for tomorrow. I'll report back on how that comes out. :)

I don’t know of a good one now. All run down and just have the dirtiest looking employees you’ve ever seen. All kidding aside they were fantastic when they were clean and still newish. Put shitty old Arby’s down to one location. And Rax right out of business.
I bet those locations in the smaller towns prolly have good employees. Sullivan, Washington, Troy and some others? Next time I travel through I will give that a try for sure

Reactions: mcmurtry66
When I met with by buddies yesterday my brother called and was picking up some beef tenderloin. He asked me to smoke it...I looked at my buddies and said anyone smoke a beef tenderloin and 1 did. I said I think I'll smoke it and then cut it and sear it on the flat top. Good idea but it would lose all the juice. So here is what we all decided. I'm gonna smoke it today and get it to an internal of 120...Smoking at about 225. Let it rest and roll it in Saran wrap and fridge over night. Tomorrow cut it (like filets) and get it to room temperature. I have a Blackstone flat top. Im gonna sear it on the Blackstone to whatever temp. people want from rare on up and then finish off with some seasoned butter.

Were thinking that the smoker will season all night with smokiness from today and should give it delicious flavor for tomorrow. I'll report back on how that comes out. :)
Sounds awesome.

Reactions: Indianaftw

My stoker bought me an ALD electric indoor flat top for Christmas. Best cooking appliance ever. My son has an outdoor propane Blackstone. He loves it.

My stoker bought me an ALD electric indoor flat top for Christmas. Best cooking appliance ever. My son has an outdoor propane Blackstone. He loves it.
I love mine too...This is the perfect time of year for it. A hot summer day? NO, that thing gets pretty hot and I have lost a couple pounds getting that thing going in the middle of summer. It's like having a diner flat top in your backyard. Japanese steak house meals to breakfast to burgers, good stuff!

I love mine too...This is the perfect time of year for it. A hot summer day? NO, that thing gets pretty hot and I have lost a couple pounds getting that thing going in the middle of summer. It's like having a diner flat top in your backyard. Japanese steak house meals to breakfast to burgers, good stuff!
Have you done smash burgers on it? I can get them better than Freddy’s and I like Freddy’s.

Be a bitch to work there tho. They’ve got em standing on the lot like animals rain sleet or snow. Must give IGW a full boner of outrage every time he gets a lemonade and some nugs
They seem to have plenty of help, at least the two I go to, so must pay well. The other thing is that everyone is always extremely nice and polite. And they give my dog pup cups! But mine has also built a big tarp for them and put in outdoor heaters and fans for summer.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
They seem to have plenty of help, at least the two I go to, so must pay well. The other thing is that everyone is always extremely nice and polite. And they give my dog pup cups! But mine has also built a big tarp for them and put in outdoor heaters and fans for summer.
I always figured you to be a cat lady....

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Oh, for sure.

It was up for sale at one time. Don't know if it sold, but when it was on sale, it was the most expensive piece of property on sale in Indiana.
One of my cousins worked for the company that did all the custom woodwork for that monstrosity. I believe the owner actually bought the company because the salaries + company was cheaper than paying them as subs doing custom work.

Reactions: DANC
Reactions: IUCrazy2
When I came to IU there was a history professor, Professor Fears. He was great,
Had a poly sci class with Professor Stryker. First day he advised no Airplane jokes or he'd flunk us.
I’ve never used a food delivery service. That and never having a FB account are the 2 things that will appear on my headstone.
You made me wonder if there actually people putting their twitter, IG, etc. handles on their tombstones yet.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT