ADVERTISEMENT

"I like taking the guns early.....

So, one is regulation by litigation while the other is regulation by litigation? That totally clears it up. :rolleyes:

Nuance isn’t your strength.

One is regulation through deliberate bureaucratic actions encouraging special interests to accomplish ends by court order instead of rule-making.

The other is altering commercial behavior by connecting risk to profit.

One is regulation through deliberate bureaucratic actions encouraging special interests to accomplish ends by court order instead of rule-making.

You are truly the Trump Whisperer -- Trump Rastafarian. Trumpstafarian

You can see moves/nuances that nobody else can see including Trump himself.

This is Trump's brain but somehow you can make sense of it:

il_340x270.1151702061_woa1.jpg

I salute you my friend.

Last edited:

Are you talking about the NRA or the oil companies or the steel industry or the mineral rights lobby?

I salute you my friend.
He's like Key and Peele Obama Anger Translator only Trump's Brain Translator.

Reactions: RBB89
He's like Key and Peele Obama Anger Translator only Trump's Brain Translator.

Or like any good rasta, he can only see his god when he is high.

Fyi Van Pastor:

Rastas believe that the Tree of Life mentioned in the Bible is the marijuana plant and that several other biblical passages further promote its use, such as “Thou shalt eat the herb of the field” (Genesis 3:18), “Eat every herb of the land” (Exodus 10:12) and “The herb is the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Reactions: RBB89
I don't believe the paragraph below, but it is a fun Machiavellian theory.

Gun sales have been way down and gun manufacturers are hurting economically. Part of the reason was a big surge in production expecting an increase in "Hillary is coming to get your guns" sales events across the country. Not only did the increase not happen, last year saw a decrease in FBI background checks of 8%, indicating fewer gun sales. So if you want a conspiracy theory, Trump saying those things is done to boost sales and help gun manufacturers survive.

I don’t know if Trump saying that would boost gun sales, but the NRA’s best friend is a democratic president. I’ve been hearing since the 70s (when I started following politics) that the dems are going to take everyone’s guns away. Well, I still have guns. The latest, and blackest, democratic president was terrific for gun sales. Gotta have someone to scare up sales.

Reactions: Digressions
Communication isn't yours.
I swear, @CO. Hoosier must have some word of the day calendar, because he constantly obsesses over some specific word for months at a time. Nothingburger, nuance, etc.

Repeating “nuance” 500 times doesn’t make you sound any more intelligent.

Reactions: sglowrider

I salute you my friend.

Salute for what? Trump hasn’t proposed repealing the immunity laws and he has no idea how regulation by litigation works. But stopping it it is a clear byproduct of his deregulation initiatives.

Regulatory reform on some Important fronts. Ridding ourselves of regulation by litigation and ridding ourselves of regulatory minutiae. This has resulted in the booming energy sector booming bigly and infrastructure construction and department of interior being freed from some of the constant and incessant litigation.

Immigration enforcement.

Energy exports.

Military funding

Change of ROE in ME and getting White House out of day to day military affairs which helped eliminate ISIS geographical base.

Bringing some common sense to health insurance for the young and healthy.

And tax reform—not a minor item by any means.
In other words, he hasn't accomplished anything that 12+ other Republican candidates would have accomplished. And he should be lauded because he's managed to quietly pass this agenda, under everyone's nose, by: ignoring historic norms, attacking American institutions that rely on people's confidence, destroying everyone's career that comes in contact with his administration, violating our Constitution, and most likely colluding with our biggest adversary of the past 100 years.

Just brilliant.

Reactions: T.M.P. and RBB89
I swear, @CO. Hoosier must have some word of the day calendar, because he constantly obsesses over some specific word for months at a time. Nothingburger, nuance, etc.

Repeating “nuance” 500 times doesn’t make you sound any more intelligent.

Not recognizing the important distinctions and nuances in various arguments causes you to
post nothingburgers.

In other words, he hasn't accomplished anything that 12+ other Republican candidates would have accomplished. And he should be lauded because he's managed to quietly pass this agenda, under everyone's nose, by: ignoring historic norms, attacking American institutions that rely on people's confidence, destroying everyone's career that comes in contact with his administration, violating our Constitution, and most likely colluding with our biggest adversary of the past 100 years.

Just brilliant.

That’s a fair point. Trump indeed has ignored historic norms. He doesn’t seem to take a lot of counsel and he is more decisive. I don’t see that he has violated the constitution in a structural fashion as other POTUS’s had. That collusion stuff is a red herring. Trump’s energy policies are driving the “biggest adversary’s” economy into the toilet.

That’s a fair point. Trump indeed has ignored historic norms. He doesn’t seem to take a lot of counsel and he is more decisive. I don’t see that he has violated the constitution in a structural fashion as other POTUS’s had. That collusion stuff is a red herring. Trump’s energy policies are driving the “biggest adversary’s” economy into the toilet.
I will concede, low energy prices are not good for Russia's economy, but once again, which Republican candidate wasn't in the Energy sector's pocket/corner?

So the California shooter at the veteran's facility had licenses and was a firearms trainer. He also had been treated for PTSD at the facility. This is where the debate becomes very difficult.

On one hand, if we had taken his guns because he was in treatment, this incident may have been averted. On the other hand, he (And others) may well not seek treatment if they feel there guns will be taken. Whatever the answer is, it is not as simple as "stop people with mental health issues from buying guns". All strict enforcement of that will do is stop people from seeking treatment.

Reactions: largemouth
So the California shooter at the veteran's facility had licenses and was a firearms trainer. He also had been treated for PTSD at the facility. This is where the debate becomes very difficult.

On one hand, if we had taken his guns because he was in treatment, this incident may have been averted. On the other hand, he (And others) may well not seek treatment if they feel there guns will be taken. Whatever the answer is, it is not as simple as "stop people with mental health issues from buying guns". All strict enforcement of that will do is stop people from seeking treatment.

This also shows that a “good guy” with a gun can become a “bad guy” with a guy. He was a law abiding gun owner with a high level of training, and still...

This also shows that a “good guy” with a gun can become a “bad guy” with a guy. He was a law abiding gun owner with a high level of training, and still...
The fact that a highly trained gun owner slipped a cog and killed people proves only that we need to flood the zone with even more highly trained people with even more and even bigger guns.

And put them in schools.
Of course. If we'd reduce gun violence by having more people go armed in more places, then surely the biggest safety gains will occur in just the sort of places we've been trying to keep guns out of. Bars, for example. We should definitely encourage more people to take their guns with them when they go to bars.

Of course. If we'd reduce gun violence by having more people go armed in more places, then surely the biggest safety gains will occur in just the sort of places we've been trying to keep guns out of. Bars, for example. We should definitely encourage more people to take their guns with them when they go to bars.
I was thinking NFL games. What could possibly go wrong with 60,000 testosterone laden heavily armed drunk fans.

An NRA convention is the least safe place to be. They don’t allow guns.

Not recognizing the important distinctions and nuances in various arguments causes you to
post nothingburgers.
The most fun part is watching our President troll leftist mental midgets into twitching, drooling fits of frustration and denial.

Pure comedy.

The most fun part is watching our President troll leftist mental midgets into twitching, drooling fits of frustration and denial.

Pure comedy.
Well, look what crawled out from under its rock. Shouldn't you be off having "civil discourse" someplace?

Pure comedy.
I don’t remember the presidency being about trolling anyone. I prefer to have functioning adults running things who seem to make calculated, thoughtful decisions, regardless of whether or not I agree with them. I prefer not having a 71-year-old man acting like a child.

I was led to believe by many on here that veteran status means you are wholly qualified to pack heat in a school.

#Naivete

I don't recall anyone saying that here.
Well there was that discussion. A lot of people who should know better, saying that theyve got extensive small arms training, and therefore that qualifies them to walk around schools. When I attempted to throw some sanity on that conversation, I was quickly piled on. But, it’s all good. It’s almost spring time. And I’ve made enough on sports gambling this year to buy my smoker finally.

[QUOTE And I’ve made enough on sports gambling this year to buy my smoker finally.[/QUOTE]

Now I know you’re a damn liar. Lol.

Well there was that discussion. A lot of people who should know better, saying that theyve got extensive small arms training, and therefore that qualifies them to walk around schools. When I attempted to throw some sanity on that conversation, I was quickly piled on. But, it’s all good. It’s almost spring time. And I’ve made enough on sports gambling this year to buy my smoker finally.
Nobody said that in my recollection. Don’t recall anyone piling on either. I recall a discussion about relative proficiency with weapons.

Enjoy the smoker. I’m due for a new one myself. What brand you getting?

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Nobody said that in my recollection. Don’t recall anyone piling on either. I recall a discussion about relative proficiency with weapons.

Enjoy the smoker. I’m due for a new one myself. What brand you getting?
I think I’m starting entry level. Likely the Weber SM. Any reason not to try this before investing heavily later if I like it?

I think I’m starting entry level. Likely the Weber SM. Any reason not to try this before investing heavily later if I like it?

I have an electric Masterbuilt that looks like a tall dorm fridge. Easy, works great. 4 racks allow me to make a mess of meat when I need to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT