ADVERTISEMENT

I am very impressed with our recruits

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
I have been critical of Wilson's game management and coaching but he has recruited better than any coach I can remember at IU. One spot I think we need to get an upgrade is the DL because I feel we are a little short in that position.

Switching to the 3-4 helps w the depth at that position. W Rayner, Latham, Hoff, Green and s couple redshirt freshman we should be fine.

I've wondered a few times about in game calls but then if you ain't got nothing to lose you might as well go for it. You have to instill that go for it all attitude into the team one way or another. I think the game management will come around as we get better.

It seems that this was the 1st year Wilson remotely came close to "playing the odds".
No question that there have been some growing pains in his tenure but up until this last year I wonder if he felt that he had to do the unconventional just to have a shot at winning.

I would imagine as the D improves some of his river boat gambler approach will subside and he will be a bit more conservative.

As successful as we were with on-side kicks, I am guessing

that stays in the game plan. Keeps the other teams guessing and they have to take up practice time to prepare.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT