ADVERTISEMENT

I am up until almost 2 because that Pacer game

Was a travesty. I don’t think I’ve been this mad at officiating since TV Teddy V cost us a chance at another title. They have already said the kicked ball call was wrong.
You have to remember that it's professional entertainment. The refs are as much a part of the show as they are in professional wrestling. I am surprised that they admitted that they were wrong. They normally look at something like that and argue their call was correct even if 100 out of 100 other people see it the other way.

Was a travesty. I don’t think I’ve been this mad at officiating since TV Teddy V cost us a chance at another title. They have already said the kicked ball call was wrong.
Almost as bad as the 4 point play at the end of pacers vs knicks playoff game in the 90s

You have to remember that it's professional entertainment. The refs are as much a part of the show as they are in professional wrestling. I am surprised that they admitted that they were wrong. They normally look at something like that and argue their call was correct even if 100 out of 100 other people see it the other way.
And that's all the NBA is: glorified "Big Time Wrestling"..., I've said it for years ( which is why I don't bother to watch it). All they need is "Dick the Bruiser" at Center, (I guess they had a facsimile for awhile there back when Patrick Ewing was playing)...

Anyone believing the fix isn't in during the NBA playoffs probably still believes in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too...

Reactions: NPT and DANC
They need to fix the review process. It’s awful and kills any game flow. It’s actually shocking that the NBA hasn’t fixed this yet because I’ve not heard a single person say they like it.

What about Haliburton basket before halftime not counted when photos show the time clock hadn’t expired? How about mighty mites foul on Turner late in the game that was overturned?

The NBA needs to explain how the Timberwolves were allowed to guard Murray and Joker and the Pacers couldn’t breath on mighty mite.

I hate the “it’s the refs excuse” but damn it the Pacer game was called so awful. There is no doubt the refs decided the game.

What about Haliburton basket before halftime not counted when photos show the time clock hadn’t expired? How about mighty mites foul on Turner late in the game that was overturned?

The NBA needs to explain how the Timberwolves were allowed to guard Murray and Joker and the Pacers couldn’t breath on mighty mite.

I hate the “it’s the refs excuse” but damn it the Pacer game was called so awful. There is no doubt the refs decided the game.
And when they reviewed and overturned Brunson’s foul when he clearly mugged Myles?

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
My only hope is that this game got so much national outrage about the officiating that it might get better.

Reactions: stollcpa

I love it "mighty mite"! The Pacers don't guard so they are always going to have to outscore their opponents.

I was happy took the Pacers +6.

I love it "mighty mite"! The Pacers don't guard so they are always going to have to outscore their opponents.

I was happy took the Pacers +6.
The Pacer defense sucked most of the year but it’s gotten better.

The Pacer’s weren’t allowed to play any defense against Mighty Mite.

The NBA needs to be forced to explain the difference in what was allowed Pacer/Knicks and Wolves/Nuggets.

Wondering how anyone could watch the game and not comment on Jaylen Bunson's outstanding performance.

Have to give the Knicks credit for giving Bunson the dough he deserves and stealing him from Cuban's Mavs.

Interested in how the Pacers will defend him from this point on.

Last edited:
The Mavs eventually upgraded at the guard spot with Kyrie who co-exists much better than Brunson with Luka. Brunson game is to dominate the ball during the possession or at least it was for the Mavs. That just takes away from Luka. I think had Brunson came back to Dallas and asked for the same contract, he'd still be a Mav. They'd still be slow and unathletic and would not be able to guard anyone. The Mavs problem is they have childish owner that wouldn't deal with the Knicks when everyone knew Brunson wanted to play in NY. They probably could of landed some roster assets and got nothing. It was rumored all of his last 2 years in Dallas. The Mavs are miles better than anytime Brunson was in Dallas but had to mortgage a ton of future picks to get Kyrie, PJ and Gafford plus took a big chemistry and roster imbalance hit last year which led to them missing playoffs. The good part of that is it got them Lively.

I think the Pacers win this series. They needed a game to figure what they are up against on the road in NY. I didn't think Game 1 would be that close and really the pacers should of won it.

Reactions: larsIU
I couldn't believe they didn't reverse the kicked-ball call. There was no way anyone watching a replay of that could even think that ball was kicked.

Reactions: larsIU
Wondering how anyone could watch the game and not comment on Jaylen Bunson's outstanding performance.

Have to give the Knicks credit for giving Bunson the dough he deserves and stealing him from Cuban's Mavs.

Interested in how the Pacers will defend him from this point on.
Those Nova players are usually pretty smart. Jay Wright had something to do with that.

Reactions: larsIU and hoot1
I couldn't believe they didn't reverse the kicked-ball call. There was no way anyone watching a replay of that could even think that ball was kicked.
And that they DID reverse the call on Brunson and Turner. Enough evidence to overturn? Give me a break

Reactions: Ohio Guy
They need to fix the review process. It’s awful and kills any game flow. It’s actually shocking that the NBA hasn’t fixed this yet because I’ve not heard a single person say they like it.
I didn't even know the NBA had a review process for calls.

Except for a kicked ball, of course....... that doesn't make a lot of sense.

My only hope is that this game got so much national outrage about the officiating that it might get better.
You know what will happen - the refs will make a ridiculous call against the Knicks during the middle of the game so they can say they did a make up call.

The Pacer defense sucked most of the year but it’s gotten better.

The Pacer’s weren’t allowed to play any defense against Mighty Mite.

The NBA needs to be forced to explain the difference in what was allowed Pacer/Knicks and Wolves/Nuggets.
I agree there is inconsistencies but that happens in college basketball as well. I think Mighty Mite is a bigger seller than anything Pacer so he will probably get all the calls all series. I think the entire game, or at least the part I watched, was bad. Siakam got a foul call against a Hart that was not a foul. He missed both free throws but it still wasn't a foul and Divachinzo (sp?) was called for an illegal screen that was terrible and cost the Knicks a possession.

Again, this series looks to be a series the NBA wants its big city market to win.

Agree. But a few minutes before when the Pacers had a foul overturned and were awarded the ball, they actually did kick the ball after the foul was called. So they really shouldn't have gotten the ball then. Calls tend to balance out across a 7 game series.

Reactions: hoot1
Agree. But a few minutes before when the Pacers had a foul overturned and were awarded the ball, they actually did kick the ball after the foul was called. So they really shouldn't have gotten the ball then. Calls tend to balance out across a 7 game series.
The calls weren’t close to even and the last 3 were big and game deciding.

Reactions: DANC and Morrison
The calls weren’t close to even and the last 3 were big and game deciding.
Bad night for the NBA refs.

Pacers clearly got robbed, and in the Nuggets-Wolves game Mark Davis (who’s generally a very good ref), let Denver’s bench get out of control. Malone should’ve been ejected on the spot for storming out on the court and screaming in Davis face. He didn’t even get a technical. Jamal Murray threw objects on the court twice during live play, and got hit with a fine today, but no suspension for game 3. 🤔

Referee Davis said Malone didn’t say anything unsportsmanlike. 🤣 You could clearly read his lips as he said, “You fu*king a$$hole, when you gonna call a fu*king foul!!?” Davis said he didn’t notice anything on the court that Murray threw. I believe him. He didn’t notice or see a lot of things during that game.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT