ADVERTISEMENT

How would you grade the B1G team additions...

I. think it was an HBO film about the scandal starring Al Pacino as Jo Pa. In that portrayal, Paterno was like some naive grade school kid where his assistant was trying to explain to the old man what Sandusky was doing in the showers and it was like he couldn’t comprehend the act of molestation As of it didn’t register and he didn’t want to be bothered by all of it.
Before I enter into any disucssion with a PSu fan I ask one question. Do you believe JoPa was guilty of hiding or looking the other way to protect the FB program? Should his name and liekenesss br removed from all things PS? Depending upon the response, I determine if the conversation continues.

I don't waste time on JoeBots.

• Haha
Reactions: Jackskip23
...from an athletics perspective (not based on academics, media $, etc.)? My takes:

Penn State: A
Nebraska: C+
Maryland: C-
Rutgers: D

------Anticipated Grades-------
USC: A
UCLA: B
Oregon: B+
Washington: C

Your thoughts?
Maryland guy here.

I get that many B1G fans don't like ANY of the additions. I was on the other side of that in the ACC, where it felt weird adding all those Big East teams. So in that sense, I totally get how many B1G fans are completely turned off about it. I think most NCAA fans in their heart would welcome a return to the days before it all started morphing into NFL-like divisions.

However, having said that, what is the problem with Maryland aside from not being an original member? They and Rutgers brought a huge jump in revenue. Maryland is a good school with decent football and basketball history. They've won more than their share of B1G athletic titles since joining. What more would you want from them? And how are they below Nebraska?

I think the answer is simply that they are not known as a football school. But neither are a good number of B1G schools...

Maryland guy here.

I get that many B1G fans don't like ANY of the additions. I was on the other side of that in the ACC, where it felt weird adding all those Big East teams. So in that sense, I totally get how many B1G fans are completely turned off about it. I think most NCAA fans in their heart would welcome a return to the days before it all started morphing into NFL-like divisions.

However, having said that, what is the problem with Maryland aside from not being an original member? They and Rutgers brought a huge jump in revenue. Maryland is a good school with decent football and basketball history. They've won more than their share of B1G athletic titles since joining. What more would you want from them? And how are they below Nebraska?

I think the answer is simply that they are not known as a football school. But neither are a good number of B1G schools...
"Not known as a Football school guy" responding here....

Your first paragraph is spot on and will color any discussion such as this.

I am interested in quantifying the "huge jump in revenue" especially with Rutger. MD has a solid MBB tradition to be sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT