ADVERTISEMENT

Interview with Dolson -- Football Related Topics

Tammany Hall

All-American
Dec 10, 2010
Scott Dolson asked several football related questions. A few highlights off the top of my head:

• Dedicated weight room and other improved player facilities opening end of summer
  • Fan survey
    • New concessions provider (already reported)
    • Looking at more substantial improvements to the stadium, currently developing what sounds like a master plan to pitch to donors
      • Would need a Simon Skjodt-level donation to start the project
  • Season tickets up 10% vs. this time last year
  • Referenced "staying relevant" in the B1G several times and his goal to get out of the bottom 1/3 of the conference

There is much more in there, FB is the first topic of the interview.

**Note, This thread was edited by the Publisher. I prefer that platform not be promoted in any way on theHoosier.com

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Dolson interview .A few highlights off the top of my head:

• Dedicated weight room and other improved player facilities opening end of summer
  • Fan survey
    • Looking at more substantial improvements to the stadium, currently developing what sounds like a master plan to pitch to donors
  • Referenced "staying relevant" in the B1G several times and his goal to get out of the bottom 1/3 of the conference

There is much more in there, FB is the first topic of the interview, links below if you're interested:
Link to Podcast (Apple)
Link to Podcast (Spotify)
I tried listening. The promos and commercials were bad enough but are these people considered serious journalists?

I tried listening. The promos and commercials were bad enough but are these people considered serious journalists?
No. They run an NIL collective mostly targeted at individual fans and they do this entertainment podcast. I'm not a fan, but they ask good questions in this interview and most interviews if I am honest. You can fast forward through the commercials and there are no interruptions in the one hour interview with Scott.

Scott Dolson asked several football related questions. A few highlights off the top of my head:

• Fan survey

There is much more in there, FB is the first topic of the interview, links below if you're interested:
Link to Podcast (Apple)
Wow, only up 10 percent

When the Hoosiers come out and play much better people will flock to the stadium to watch them. After several years of watching IUFB under perform in games; it will take a couple of games early on to bring in more fans.

• Fan survey

Link to Podcast (Apple)
East side suites. Let's get that back on track.

As for tix sales...10% isn't great. need to promote more, Purdue blowing up my inbox with $15 ticket promotions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vesuvius13
East side suites. Let's get that back on track.

As for tix sales...10% isn't great. need to promote more, Purdue blowing up my inbox with $15 ticket promotions.
I'm a little surprised the TV $ increases coming the next year or two can't fund the stadium improvements. I don't know what we are going to spend that $20-30M per year on, and that money cannot go to NIL. I'm sure there is probably some reason such that Scott says an anchor gift is needed.

Obviously putting donor $ towards NIL is a better ROI than a stadium project right now.

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised the TV $ increases coming the next year or two can't fund the stadium improvements. I don't know what we are going to spend that $20-30M per year on, and that money cannot go to NIL. I'm sure there is probably some reason such that Scott says an anchor gift is needed.

Obviously putting donor $ towards NIL is a better ROI than a stadium project right now.
NIL indeed is key to growth. Thaat said pre pandemic a number of individuals and businesses were survey regarding east side suites. There was a positive response with enough takers to fill satge one easily. We need to do that.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Maybe Dolson is thinking bigger like a new stadium.

Maybe Dolson is thinking bigger like a new stadium.

I doubt we start from scratch. If it was me, then I would put suites on top of the east stands or just add on to the east stands to make them the same height as west side. Then I would convert bleachers into actual seats throughout stadium even though it would reduce capacity. And then I would replace the press box.

They won’t waste the nice new additions to the north and south sides of the stadium (though I wish fans were closer) with a new stadium. All that’s left is to renovate the East and West stands. Scott could be thinking big for that.

I doubt a new stadium is in the future plans but instead expansion of the East Side and redoing the Press Box. I think this coaching staff can improve IUFB to fill the stadium and bring in alumni dollars to expand the stadium in another year or two.

I was struck by the discussion of locker room demeanor, directly observed, as the deciding factor for both CTA and CMW. Clearly Dolson cares about Memorial Stadium’s locker room too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT