ADVERTISEMENT

Home ownership

Reception was at the Atlanta History Center. Big-time formal.
Damn that must have been fun. I love buckhead. I played in a tourney in Roswell ga with my club team from here. One night we went out in buckhead and I hooked up with this chick at a bar. She asked if I wanted to go to a party so we left. The party was at her x bf’s house that she had just dumped. I thought I was going to get jumped. Ended up going back to her house as her parents were out of town. Next morning she dumped me at the hotel and my team had left. Drove back to Stl without me. . I couldn’t believe it. Stranded in Roswell. No cell phones. Ended up taking a bus to Stl. Took like 18 hours. Was hell.

You know what kind of tourney it was?

I had a theory in my 20s that the length of any marriage was inversely proportional to the amt of money spent on the wedding.
Maybe.

The wedding I referenced was about ten years ago. Julie and Josh have three young daughters and you can tell they’re lifers.

We didn’t spend all that much . . . .and still going strong for 44 years,

Damn that must have been fun. I love buckhead. I played in a tourney in Roswell ga with my club team from here. One night we went out in buckhead and I hooked up with this chick at a bar. She asked if I wanted to go to a party so we left. The party was at her x bf’s house that she had just dumped. I thought I was going to get jumped. Ended up going back to her house as her parents were out of town. Next morning she dumped me at the hotel and my team had left. Drove back to Stl without me. . I couldn’t believe it. Stranded in Roswell. No cell phones. Ended up taking a bus to Stl. Took like 18 hours. Was hell.

You know what kind of tourney it was?
Yeah, a fine-able one. . . .

$25.00

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I had a theory in my 20s that the length of any marriage was inversely proportional to the amt of money spent on the wedding.
Nails….most I know are perfectly represented in that statement. Lots 50-100k wedding divorces in that group. My wedding cost 7k. I spent 2k on the cabin and wedding. The rest was a reception 2 weeks after.

Reactions: BradStevens
Alright I’m off to the grocery store. I have to feed a bunch of teens. I’m gonna Fing scream at @UncleMark when I get back
You were gonna grill steaks for a bunch of teens?

Stop buying their approval, old man. Burgers and dogs with tots. Tell them if they don't like it, they can leave. Then your daughter can use your door dash account to win them back.

You were gonna grill steaks for a bunch of teens?

Stop buying their approval, old man. Burgers and dogs with tots. Tell them if they don't like it, they can leave. Then your daughter can use your door dash account to win them back.
Burgers or pizza. This is not hard and not new.

Reactions: BradStevens
Don't forget the string cheese!
Baller Wow GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

No it has everything to do with politics. We were looking in 2019 actively. Prices were low. Here and in Delray. Boca. A steal. Then Covid insanity and remote work and supply chains etc contributed to the soaring home prices. Those acts were political. The Dems need to pay this election. Across the board.

And don't forget the increase in urban flight when the summer of love erupted in cities across the country.

They’re all coming for the next Taylor Swift tour.
You kid, but I know a lady in her mid 40s who was fixin to fly to like Sweden next year to go to the concert. Lucky for her husband, Taylor announced an Indianapolis concert before she pulled the trigger.

They’re all coming for the next Taylor Swift tour.
NYT trying to squeeze her into lgqptb

New year same whackos

You kid, but I know a lady in her mid 40s who was fixin to fly to like Sweden next year to go to the concert. Lucky for her husband, Taylor announced an Indianapolis concert before she pulled the trigger.
You don't need to encourage him.

Reactions: UncleMark

New year same whackos

But what do you care? If you have the t-shirt concessions for the tour you’re set for life. All the crab legs you want for the rest of your life and your pick of cougars AND 20-year-olds.

• Love

New year same whackos

I can picture her being a lesbian. However, my thoughts are unrelated to identity politics.

Last edited:
Except some people with kids are concerned about many things like their kids getting shot at school. Like their daughters not even having the same rights they did. Like having a horrendous role model in the WH for their children to hear and see every day.
Alright zeke speaking of kids the girls said they’re going to watch the Barbie movie tonight and I got a “that’s fine” when I said I want to see it too. Ohhhhhhh I’m excited!

Alright zeke speaking of kids the girls said they’re going to watch the Barbie movie tonight and I got a “that’s fine” when I said I want to see it too. Ohhhhhhh I’m excited!

Isn't the lesson from the movie that girls need to throw off their shackles and get all uppity and shit? You sure you want them to be watching that kind of propaganda? Next thing you know they'll being going all DEI on you. Be careful.

Isn't the lesson from the movie that girls need to throw off their shackles and get all uppity and shit? You sure you want them to be watching that kind of propaganda? Next thing you know they'll being going all DEI on you. Be careful.
I don’t know. I’m bracing myself for WOKE!!!!!!

Is anyone here under 30?

I’m asking because I don’t understand how home prices will hardly ever allow young folks to buy a house.

This isn’t really a political thread because housing prices have probably next to nothing to do with politics and prices were going up way before rates were, it seems to really just be a supply-demand issue stemming from new building collapsing in ‘08. Also, because for every buyer there’s a seller and lots of people (me included) were able to buy before things got out of hand and their personal net worth is way up because home prices are.

But I do have concerns for my kids in 10 years when they’re fixin to get out on their own.

Very tough for sub-30 unless parents can help, which happens more than you think. But it is possible. Younger guy I work with is 29 or 30 with first kid and wanted to get out of the city,

There are tons of factors for the supply and demand imbalance, some of which you mention. Right not the biggest one is that not many are like me and trading in my 3% mortgage for a 7% on a much higher principal.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT