ADVERTISEMENT

(Home) Marshall- Sweet 16

wow that is late. Wonder if it will be on TV. This will be quite the storyline with the rematch from 2020. Hopefully our veterans who played in a that games will be hungry to avenge that tough loss.

Elsewhere, the Big Ten with a rough day. Maryland falls at Cornell and OSU falls on PKs to UNCG. I’ll link the full bracket tomorrow as plenty of matches out west tonight still goin on.

wow that is late. Wonder if it will be on TV. This will be quite the storyline with the rematch from 2020. Hopefully our veterans who played in a that games will be hungry to avenge that tough loss.

Elsewhere, the Big Ten with a rough day. Maryland falls at Cornell and OSU falls on PKs to UNCG. I’ll link the full bracket tomorrow as plenty of matches out west tonight still goin on.
Game will stream on ESPN+ again. The NCAA now has exclusive rights to all postseason matches (rather than the individual school like in the past) and they will all air on that same ESPN+ platform until College Cup which is on ESPNU.

I've caught a few clips of Marshall. They aren't nearly as good as the team that won the national championship. 4-1-3 and second place in the fun belt.

Reactions: GeddyHoosier
I've caught a few clips of Marshall. They aren't nearly as good as the team that won the national championship. 4-1-3 and second place in the fun belt.
As a Marshall fan I’m looking forward to the rematch. It’s hard to gauge our team. We are not as good defensively as we met in 2020 and we’ve played down to our competition at times.

We still try to play ball control but probably have more speed than the 2020 team. We also have outshot our competition but have had difficulty putting easy shots on frame in our ties and losses. Our biggest weakness is our midfielders and have played without our best one, Vinnie Fernandez, in about 4 matches

We have 6 of the top 12 players from the 2020 team all playing significant minutes with Sun Belt player of the year, Milo Josef, Vinnie Fernandez, and goalie Oliver Semmle among those. Conference Freshman of the Year, Forward Matthew Bell, is another significant player to watch.

This season it was difficult to schedule quality of conference opponents and the Sun Belt didn’t perform as well as expected. Therefore our RPI of 35 as of November 13 is quite low but the coaches still felt we are a strong club by ranking us #9 in the final regular season coaches poll.

We were the closest team to beat unbeaten Sun Belt member UK this season. We had a questionable offsides call late in the match that negated the go ahead goal at UK. We finished with 1-1 draw. Looks like your match with UK was even except the final score.

We lost 1-0 to our other common opponent Butler. We led 7-1 on shots on goal in the lightning shorten match.

We also beat Pitt 2-1 when they were ranked #2.

We were dominated in the first half against UVA in the last match, but took control in the second half.

I’ve watched about four IU matches including the opener against Clemson. I think this will be a great matchup and should be a fun one to watch.

As a Marshall fan I’m looking forward to the rematch. It’s hard to gauge our team. We are not as good defensively as we met in 2020 and we’ve played down to our competition at times.

We still try to play ball control but probably have more speed than the 2020 team. We also have outshot our competition but have had difficulty putting easy shots on frame in our ties and losses. Our biggest weakness is our midfielders and have played without our best one, Vinnie Fernandez, in about 4 matches

We have 6 of the top 12 players from the 2020 team all playing significant minutes with Sun Belt player of the year, Milo Josef, Vinnie Fernandez, and goalie Oliver Semmle among those. Conference Freshman of the Year, Forward Matthew Bell, is another significant player to watch.

This season it was difficult to schedule quality of conference opponents and the Sun Belt didn’t perform as well as expected. Therefore our RPI of 35 as of November 13 is quite low but the coaches still felt we are a strong club by ranking us #9 in the final regular season coaches poll.

We were the closest team to beat unbeaten Sun Belt member UK this season. We had a questionable offsides call late in the match that negated the go ahead goal at UK. We finished with 1-1 draw. Looks like your match with UK was even except the final score.

We lost 1-0 to our other common opponent Butler. We led 7-1 on shots on goal in the lightning shorten match.

We also beat Pitt 2-1 when they were ranked #2.

We were dominated in the first half against UVA in the last match, but took control in the second half.

I’ve watched about four IU matches including the opener against Clemson. I think this will be a great matchup and should be a fun one to watch.
Thanks for the write-up. Hoping for a great match Sunday.

Elsewhere, #1 UK is out-lost to Pitt.

IU will head to either Stanford or UNCG. They are 1-1 right now first half out in Palo Alto

Reactions: muubell
Stats looked pretty even. Yeags only used 2 or 3 subs and Marshall only used 1 sub all night if the box score is correct? I’ve never seen such a thing at this level.

One thing I dislike about the college soccer is how random it seems to be. Having the #1 or 2 team doesn't mean as much as in football, or even basketball. At least it seems that way.
Yeah the seeds really mean nothing. Anyone can beat anyone on this sport. Just look at a final 8 that includes 4 unseeded teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT