ADVERTISEMENT

Hahaha...Alex Jones is so, so, so screwed...

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
And while I hedge on ever wishing ill will on anyone or delighting in anyone's struggles, I'm making an exception in this case.

First, he's going to lose in court and owe Sandy Hook families millions.

That alone is just desserts. What he said and did using his huge platform to defame those families and their deceased kids was terribly wrong. He should go broke for that alone.

But the icing on the cake is that his lawyers are as stupid as anyone who listened to him and took him seriously.
Yeah, schadenfreude isn't generally my thing either, but this guy is deserving of "special place in hell" status.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
And while I hedge on ever wishing ill will on anyone or delighting in anyone's struggles, I'm making an exception in this case.

That alone is just desserts. What he said and did using his huge platform to defame those families and their deceased kids was terribly wrong. He should go broke for that alone.

But the icing on the cake is that his lawyers are as stupid as anyone who listened to him and took him seriously.
I hope you are right, but Jones may have been transferring money out of his companies to some place else:

So, I wonder if any victims will collect from him. Is the so-called "fraudulent transfer" law able to recover what was withdrawn?

Also, how do these plaintiffs and the plaintiffs in the other similar lawsuits divide the money from his financial carcass? Surely, the first plaintiffs to win are not going to get everything he has, while the other victims get nothing,

I hope you are right, but Jones may have been transferring money out of his companies to some place else:

So, I wonder if any victims will collect from him. Is the so-called "fraudulent transfer" law able to recover what was withdrawn?

Also, how do these plaintiffs and the plaintiffs in the other similar lawsuits divide the money from his financial carcass? Surely, the first plaintiffs to win are not going to get everything he has, while the other victims get nothing,
I might be wrong, but I think when his lawyers mistakenly sent that information to the Sandy Hook families' lawyers, it might have had information proving that. Maybe they realized the scheme and it wasn't a mistake afterall...

As to how it's divvied up, I guess that's up to the courts. I don't know the particulars of how his money will be divided, but I'll file that under a good problem to have.

I might be wrong, but I think when his lawyers mistakenly sent that information to the Sandy Hook families' lawyers, it might have had information proving that. Maybe they realized the scheme and it wasn't a mistake afterall...

As to how it's divvied up, I guess that's up to the courts. I don't know the particulars of how his money will be divided, but I'll file that under a good problem to have.
Except for the part where if the parents don't collect from Jones himself, they might have to pay their own attorney fees.

Hell, I'd sign up to contribute to gofundme to spare the parents from that.

That's a jurisdictional issue, isn't it? If the "some place else" is out of the country, it will depend on the nature of the treaties the US has with the countries to which the money's sent.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Not going to, he already has. On all counts. What's happening now is determining the damages.
He was arguing that a 2M or more judgement would "break him" but the leaked financials show 800K per day income. Plus lots of other outright lies. This is hilarious.

He was arguing that a 2M or more judgement would "break him" but the leaked financials show 800K per day income. Plus lots of other outright lies. This is hilarious.

The judge has called him out for not telling the truth under oath. How would perjury charges work in this situation? The judge can't bring them, can she? Up to a prosecutor? Could she at least find him in contempt and put him in jail for a time as punishment for bald faced lying on the stand?

That's a jurisdictional issue, isn't it? If the "some place else" is out of the country, it will depend on the nature of the treaties the US has with the countries to which the money's sent.
Do you think Jones is really that smart?

Hell, he didn't even know his own lawyers had given the contents of his cell phone to the attorneys for the two parents:

Nonetheless, despite what his own lawyers were doing, maybe he was still an expert on international monetary transfers and money laundering.

Nah, not him.

Last edited:
The judge has called him out for not telling the truth under oath. How would perjury charges work in this situation? The judge can't bring them, can she? Up to a prosecutor? Could she at least find him in contempt and put him in jail for a time as punishment for bald faced lying on the stand?
Hell, yes, she can bring them! I saw this somewhere else a few months ago.
But some other judge would "try" them and I really don't know what that involves. I''d guess a prosecutor would be involved, too.

Edit to add: I think from earlier news reports that Jones may have already testified that he "believed" he statements were true. I'm doubtful his "belief" will matter much.

Reactions: UncleMark
Do you think Jones is really that smart?

Hell, he didn't even know his own lawyers had given the contents of his cell phone to the attorneys for the two parents:

Nonetheless, what his own lawyers were doing, maybe he was still an expert on international monetary transfers and money laundering.

Nah, not him.
My guess is that he's seen enough movies and TV shows, and worked the dark side of the street enough, to have been exposed to that sort of thinking.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Well, "some place else" could also be a different individual (like mommy or sissy), or a different debtor-friendly red state, or a different newly-formed shell corporation, or a newly-newly-newly-newly formed other shell corporation with mysterious corporate organization charts.

But again, Alex Jones seems like a pretty basic guy to me.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Edit to add: I think from earlier news reports that Jones may have already testified that he "believed" he statements were true. I'm doubtful his "belief" will matter much.

When he started in with that shit the judge cut him off. Said what he believed didn't matter. I'm referring to just this week when he testified he'd complied with discovery (lie) and that he was bankrupt (lie) in front of the jury. The judge sent the jury off and then proceeded to lecture him about lying on the stand. She was actually far more polite about it than I would have expected. More a scolding than anything else.

Not going to, he already has. On all counts. What's happening now is determining the damages.
What matters now is Alex Jones' present balance sheet (with the obvious adjustments needed for his attempts to transfer assets elsewhere, if any).

When he started in with that shit the judge cut him off. Said what he believed didn't matter. I'm referring to just this week when he testified he'd complied with discovery (lie) and that he was bankrupt (lie) in front of the jury. The judge sent the jury off and then proceeded to lecture him about lying on the stand. She was actually far more polite about it than I would have expected. More a scolding than anything else.
A mere "scolding" so far. 😬

Maybe a mere "prosecution" soon. 😬😬

Well, "some place else" could also be a different individual (like mommy or sissy), or a different debtor-friendly red state, or a different newly-formed shell corporation, or a newly-newly-newly-newly formed other shell corporation with mysterious corporate organization charts.

But again, Alex Jones seems like a pretty basic guy to me.
I’m not saying Jones isn’t a total asshole but I’ve always been of the mind he’s sort of a genius when it comes to performance art. There’s no way he truly believes the horseshit he spouts. He puts on a show to get rich off the dumbasses.

Complete and total show trial. Libs don't give a damn about the law.
I don't know what scenario your twisted mind has created when it comes to what "crimes" hunter Biden has committed? But I assure you nothing on Hunter's part comes anywhere close to the intentional suffering for his own profit that Jones has inflicted on the multiple families of slain kids he specifically targeted in the name of grift.

You show me an example of where Hunter conned thousands of his supporters into absolutely terrorizing innocent families for years to the point that they faced death threats and were forced to relocate 5 or 6, even as much as a dozen times to escape the wrath of Jones's demented followers, and I might start to see Hunter as pure evil. Because that is what Alex Jones is- pure, unadulterated evil...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It must be like talking to a child.

To the lawyers here, I am not really interested in Jones, whatever he gets is whatever, but I am curious about the idea of this. Would a client have a case of like, I don't know, negligence or something against his own attorney in a case like this? Seems like a pretty big mistake on the part of the attorney.

To the lawyers here, I am not really interested in Jones, whatever he gets is whatever, but I am curious about the idea of this. Would a client have a case of like, I don't know, negligence or something against his own attorney in a case like this? Seems like a pretty big mistake on the part of the attorney.

The other thing weird that was pointed out on TV last night was that supposedly the Jones lawyers were told they screwed up, and the family lawyers held off digging into the texts for ten days in case the Jones lawyers wanted to make a claim of privilege or whatever. When they never got a response, they dove in.

I wonder the same thing. Watch the video:

In the video, the parents' lawyer points out not only (1) that Jones' lawyer had turned over two years of phone content but also (2) that 10 days ago the parents' lawyer alerted Jones's lawyer that the content had been disclosed but Jones' lawyer never responded.

Throughout the video, Alex Jones' attorney is seen in the foreground casually scratching his chin while the other lawyer talks about him.

Maybe Jones' lawyer believed he really didn't have grounds to withhold those documents.

He may be able to sue for malpractice?

Glad justice will served. I listened to him on Rogan once. Interesting and delusional.

Maybe jones' lawyer (or possibly ex-lawyer) thinks jones is a scumbag and did it to help get him to pay the consequences.

I almost got the sense that this is all being done on purpose so Jones can say he didn't get adequate council.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
He may be able to sue for malpractice?
Yeah that is what I was wondering. Like it appears Jones has the real possibility of having a very large judgment against him and I think, based on the very limited knowledge I have of the proceedings (I am literally just going off everybody's comments here), that Jones could have a case against his attorney for screwing him over...or could he? That is what I was curious about. This just seems egregiously bad, particularly with the additional information you guys provided above with the plaintiff attorney saying, "Hey, you might want to claim some privelege on this."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT