ADVERTISEMENT

Grace

Jssanto

All-American
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
I realize most of us do not follow the WNBA. I don’t either, or even the NBA.
I do follow IUWBB and with Grace as the 7th overall pick for the WNBA I follow the Indy Fever.
Early in the season she was a minute or two of play time and maybe one shot. Now she is solidly in double minutes and scoring.
Fever are near the bottom but since I only follow Grace that is not a big deal.

Great that she is doing so well and as a competitor, she probably hates losing but as a player, loves the situation she’s in. Now that she’s a pro, she has to understand that she is putting tape out there so she is marketable and is worth some $$ to another team and her next contract

If this mock is right the future is bright.

We all know Caitlin Clarke.
Angel Reese left Maryland and led LSU to a national title.
Cameron Brink at 6’ 4” has uncommon height for women.
Paige Buekers was hurt most of last year and made 1 Million NIL by report.
I do not know what the fever needs to make a jump in wins.

That list is missing a very obvious 2023 first team All American??
Yes, Mac is not listed and that does surprise me. She is only 6’3”, maybe that is an issue?
But she is so fast and fluid. I would like to see her develop a midrange shot (ala TJD’s need).
We shall see. I suspect the ladies look at these things and are aware of rankings.

dont know the answer to that. Has it been the same head coach?
Poor drafting?
Any other choices?
They have a new coach this year. Poor drafting has been part of it since they cut loose some of their first round picks the last two years

I realize most of us do not follow the WNBA. I don’t either, or even the NBA.
I do follow IUWBB and with Grace as the 7th overall pick for the WNBA I follow the Indy Fever.
Early in the season she was a minute or two of play time and maybe one shot. Now she is solidly in double minutes and scoring.
Fever are near the bottom but since I only follow Grace that is not a big deal.

The Fever had a rough, rough last 2 years in the front office.

Took my girls a few weeks ago to Sunday game. It was so much more enjoyable than a Pacers game. Crowd is manageable. Lines are short. The people who are there are there to watch the Fever. Easy in, easy out.

TWSS

Reactions: Jssanto and kkott
The Fever had a rough, rough last 2 years in the front office.

Took my girls a few weeks ago to Sunday game. It was so much more enjoyable than a Pacers game. Crowd is manageable. Lines are short. The people who are there are there to watch the Fever. Easy in, easy out.

TWSS
That should increase future attendance. Their website is poor (my opinion). It needs to be improved and that is within the Fever’s ability. More games need to be televised to take that next step in popularity and that is not in the Fever’s control.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT