ADVERTISEMENT

gas 2.85 a gallon down 50% in some areas

Houses cars gas food. The more Biden is prevented from acting the better things will get. From his mouth to his policies. Epically bad president left to his own. Most people recognize this
You're going to blame looser housing regulations on Biden? LOL

You'd have a better shot at putting some of it on Obama. Trump certainly didn't do anything to curb it. Probably still more blame to pass on to states. Interest rates are higher, which hasn't really curbed demand, but sure, let's blame the sitting President for a problem that start long before he stepped into office.

Inflation is not something that Biden or any President caused. I'm giving Trump a pass on it due to COVID, but let's be real, Trump wanted Congress to give out more money than they did. (An effort to buy votes.)

Gas? Presidential policies can impact this for sure, but it's not the main driver. I've failed to understand why we are so dependent on foreign oil in general beyond not wanting to deplete resources in case of a true emergency. That's not a Biden issue.

Food? Blame corporations more at this point. My produce prices came back down late in the summer.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

You'd have a better shot at putting some of it on Obama. Trump certainly didn't do anything to curb it. Probably still more blame to pass on to states. Interest rates are higher, which hasn't really curbed demand, but sure, let's blame the sitting President for a problem that start long before he stepped into office.

Inflation is not something that Biden or any President caused. I'm giving Trump a pass on it due to COVID, but let's be real, Trump wanted Congress to give out more money than they did. (An effort to buy votes.)

Gas? Presidential policies can impact this for sure, but it's not the main driver. I've failed to understand why we are so dependent on foreign oil in general beyond not wanting to deplete resources in case of a true emergency. That's not a Biden issue.

Food? Blame corporations more at this point. My produce prices came back down late in the summer.

• Haha
It's very important to consider US recovery RELATIVE to the global economic crisis emerging during and after the pandemic. The USA has fared quite well. You can choose whether to credit Biden for it or not. But we did have a much softer landing after COVID-45 than almost all other developed countries.

How would you halt inflation?

I'd start by not posting an article that is 18 months old. Times have changed.

Did you read the article? They blame the previous administration more than even I would.
i definitely think trump contributed to inflation but biden sent us over the cliff. and remember biden didn't want to stop. he wanted to be transformative. manchin/sinema stopped him then the house flipped. we are improving our condition because biden has been prevented from doing what he wnats. not because of, in spite of. hell he's still trying to forgive student loans

• Haha
It's very important to consider US recovery RELATIVE to the global economic crisis emerging during and after the pandemic. The USA has fared quite well. You can choose whether to credit Biden for it or not. But we did have a much softer landing after COVID-45 than almost all other developed countries.
facts don't matter. drill baby drill and all the rednecks' problems will go away.

Reactions: UncleMark
i definitely think trump contributed to inflation but biden sent us over the cliff. and remember biden didn't want to stop. he wanted to be transformative. manchin/sinema stopped him then the house flipped. we are improving our condition because biden has been prevented from doing what he wnats. not because of, in spite of. hell he's still trying to forgive student loans
right, **** a young person who in most cases was subject to predatory lending. they should have known better.

i definitely think trump contributed to inflation but biden sent us over the cliff.
No one thinks that outside of partisan hacks. The US doled out the most stimulus and faced the highest range of inflation long before any Biden policies could be in place, let alone impactful.

and remember biden didn't want to stop. he wanted to be transformative. manchin/sinema stopped him then the house flipped. we are improving our condition because biden has been prevented from doing what he wnats. not because of, in spite of. hell he's still trying to forgive student loan
I'm OK with student loan forgiveness to a certain level. I'm not one of those who pound my chest about paying my bills, thinking it's not fair that others get a benefit. The student loan industry is predatory at best.

No one thinks that outside of partisan hacks. The US doled out the most stimulus and faced the highest range of inflation long before any Biden policies could be in place, let alone impactful.
except that's not what the experts who study this stuff found. so you're wrong, per usual

A recent article published by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco makes this point. The authors — Òscar Jordà, Celeste Liu, Fernanda Nechio, and Fabián Rivera-Reyes — compare core inflation in the US to the average of eight wealthy countries (the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Finland). Before 2021, these and the US had similar inflation levels. Then the US’s shot up.

The authors don’t mince words about why they think that is, writing: “Estimates suggest that fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021.”

That is: The US did a lot more stimulus than these other countries, and now it’s seeing a lot more core inflation. And the stimulus that most stands out is Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan — because it was enacted after more than $3 trillion had already been spent to stimulate the economy under Trump, with one big chunk of that being approved just three months prior.

“We put gasoline on the fire. That’s basically what the ARP did. It was almost written as if we didn’t just pass a trillion-dollar stimulus in December,” said Goldwein

A recent article published by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco makes this point. The authors — Òscar Jordà, Celeste Liu, Fernanda Nechio, and Fabián Rivera-Reyes — compare core inflation in the US to the average of eight wealthy countries (the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Finland). Before 2021, these and the US had similar inflation levels. Then the US’s shot up.

The authors don’t mince words about why they think that is, writing: “Estimates suggest that fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021.”

That is: The US did a lot more stimulus than these other countries, and now it’s seeing a lot more core inflation. And the stimulus that most stands out is Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan — because it was enacted after more than $3 trillion had already been spent to stimulate the economy under Trump, with one big chunk of that being approved just three months prior.

“We put gasoline on the fire. That’s basically what the ARP did. It was almost written as if we didn’t just pass a trillion-dollar stimulus in December,” said Goldwein

Presidents can and do cause inflation. Trump and Biden are both responsible for the inflation. Biden gets more blame because he (with the help of Democrats in congress) was responsible for the last 2 trillion. It was a partisan bill and not needed. The previous two bills were bipartisan.

That’s because people stopped listening to lunatics like you. I’m surprised you are even venturing out. Do you have 15 masks on?

when gas is cheap, its more economical to get to the woods and kill your food. excess deer meat can be made into jerky to sell to the city folk and that can be used to pay down the Trailor. Brandon's don't buy new cars they just pass down the Silverado's and F150s for generations.

Sober Kurt with a solid post.

Well done.

Not anytime soon.

The Fed’s track record is impeccable

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/fomcminutes20071031ep.htm#:~:text=Consequently%2C%20despite%20the%20recent%20financial,in%20the%20Board's%20Monetary%20Policy

Like 2.20 in my area last week. Pretty sure I saw 1.98 at Costco.

Grocery prices still the same.

Like 2.20 in my area last week. Pretty sure I saw 1.98 at Costco.

Grocery prices still the same.
Grocery prices are flatlining and dropping in some cases. Started with Thanksgiving items like Turkey. Lower than 2021. eggs down over 20%. Not everything of course is dropping or even flatlining. But it's a start.

Yeah, still scratching my head over the $2 billion Jared "earned" from the Saudis.
Yeah...it's amazing that that happened and no one really batted an eye.

It seems to me that if names and years weren't known and you told both Hunter Biden's story and Jared Kushner's story, there's little doubt which one would get more attention.

How would you halt inflation?

I'd start by not posting an article that is 18 months old. Times have changed.

Did you read the article? They blame the previous administration more than even I would.

I don't really think mcm cares about the accuracy of his posts. He just needs to make his "dem bad, pub good" posts to make himself feel better

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yeah...it's amazing that that happened and no one really batted an eye.

It seems to me that if names and years weren't known and you told both Hunter Biden's story and Jared Kushner's story, there's little doubt which one would get more attention.

Everyone was numb to the daily scandals of the Trump administration by then and know nothing would ever come of it.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I don't really think mcm cares about the accuracy of his posts. He just needs to make his "dem bad, pub good" posts to make himself feel better
they were links from the experts who study this for a living moron. you can barely read.

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT