ADVERTISEMENT

Gambler Advice

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
I suck at betting sports. So, I quit doing it awhile ago. NC just legalized sports gambling and is offering promotions to get started. My bet is that these two semifinal games tonight will set the record for the most combined point differential between in tournament history. In short, I think both UCONN and Purdue steamroll their opponents. Lay $100 on Purdue ok the early game and then let it all ride on UCONN in the later game plus take the bonus cash and lay it on UCONN. The only game that gives me some pause in laying the points in UCONN as I think Bama can do enough yo make it interesting and end around the line. Edey will simply be too much for NC State. Magical runner not, there is a reason they were 17-14 prior to the ACC tourney. What say ya’ll?

I suck at betting sports. So, I quit doing it awhile ago. NC just legalized sports gambling and is offering promotions to get started. My bet is that these two semifinal games tonight will set the record for the most combined point differential between in tournament history. In short, I think both UCONN and Purdue steamroll their opponents. Lay $100 on Purdue ok the early game and then let it all ride on UCONN in the later game plus take the bonus cash and lay it on UCONN. The only game that gives me some pause in laying the points in UCONN as I think Bama can do enough yo make it interesting and end around the line. Edey will simply be too much for NC State. Magical runner not, there is a reason they were 17-14 prior to the ACC tourney. What say ya’ll?
If you feel that strongly about it, make it a two game parlay on PU and UCONN to cover.

My advice. You gotta know when to hold'em. Know when to fold'em. Know when to walk away, know when to run. You never count your money while you're sitting at the table, they'll be time enough for counting when the dealin's done.

It will serve you well. This advice.

Lots of gospel saying their big can push Edey around a bit.. Bs... Edey will draw two early fouls on him, and possibly a third before 8 minute mark of first half. I'd think Purdue wins by 12-17..

I also think Uconn wont play as well as they have been (God I hope they continue to do) and the their game will be closer than we think. Still see Uconn (hopefully) by 7-10.. If Uconn loses tonight, Purdue is winning the national title. And props to them if they do. Growing up in Evansville, its always been UKfor me as the rival. The only thing I despise about Purdue will be hearing from all 29 of their fans in Evansville if they do come through.

Lots of gospel saying their big can push Edey around a bit.. Bs... Edey will draw two early fouls on him, and possibly a third before 8 minute mark of first half. I'd think Purdue wins by 12-17..

I also think Uconn wont play as well as they have been (God I hope they continue to do) and the their game will be closer than we think. Still see Uconn (hopefully) by 7-10.. If Uconn loses tonight, Purdue is winning the national title. And props to them if they do. Growing up in Evansville, its always been UKfor me as the rival. The only thing I despise about Purdue will be hearing from all 29 of their fans in Evansville if they do come through.
I’m with you-UK is enemy No. 1

When the odds get beaten, chicken gets eaten.

I gamble way too much. My best advise, when you think something is a lock, go opposite.

Never sleep on Burns!!!

My advice. You gotta know when to hold'em. Know when to fold'em. Know when to walk away, know when to run. You never count your money while you're sitting at the table, they'll be time enough for counting when the dealin's done.

I actually use to never count my chips back in my poker days because of this song.

Reactions: h20pls
I actually use to never count my chips back in my poker days because of this song.
I worked with a guy some years ago that was a gold mine. If he gave you a lock then betting the other side was hardly fair to the bookies. I can still hear him, “Chief, can you believe that line. Wisconsin is a lock.”

I couldn’t get to a phone fast enough.

Interesting. My friends from Jeffersonville feel the same — UK is enemy #1 and they don’t dislike PU as much as those of us from the Indy area.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU

If you feel that strongly about it, make it a two game parlay on PU and UCONN to cover.
One down, one to go. I had Purdue -9.5. I have UCONN -11.5. Congrats to Purdue. That was a crappy basketball game.

kenny rodgers couldn't have said it any better

• Haha
Wiener wiener. Just remember now that you have won cash out. How they get ya!!
This is great advice. That said, my plan all along was to play the semis and then whatever I win, throw it all on Purdue in the championship. I am following through on my plan. Taking Purdue on the money line. If I win, cash out. If I lose, all for fun and lose nothing as my wager Monday will be net of my initial cash outlay.

Wow, that was corny, looks like something I would post. ;)

• Haha
This is great advice. That said, my plan all along was to play the semis and then whatever I win, throw it all on Purdue in the championship. I am following through on my plan. Taking Purdue on the money line. If I win, cash out. If I lose, all for fun and lose nothing as my wager Monday will be net of my initial cash outlay.
I can’t like a post on PU winning it all, but good luck my friend.

• Love
Reactions: aajohn2000
I hate to see you piss it all away like that. Seriously…

Gamblers should not be influenced by the money in the middle of a parlay. If your plan was to bet a parlay, bet the parlay!

Anything else is like programming a computer to make your picks than overriding it .
(And, it's not my money...)

Hoo Boy...I have UConn as my winner in the ESPN Bracket thingy...

I think you shoud've taken the winnings...

and with that I'll turn back toward my window and crush out my cigarette...probably fall asleep in the darkness...and just break even.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Hoo Boy...I have UConn as my winner in the ESPN Bracket thingy...

I think you shoud've taken the winnings...

and with that I'll turn back toward my window and crush out my cigarette...probably fall asleep in the darkness...and just break even.
Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT