ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Recruiting Notebook - Sept 3

allasley

All-American
Staff
Jun 21, 2019
After Indiana landed the commitment of 4-star Jalen Hood-Schifino last week, the Hoosiers turned their attention to 4-star Noah Clowney.

Clowney took the first of his four scheduled official visits last weekend to Indiana. The others are Florida (September 3), followed by Virginia Tech (September 10) and then Alabama (September 24).

Clowney was accompanied by 2022 Indiana commits Kaleb Banks and CJ Gunn. Banks took his senior year official visit while Gunn was a surprise visitor for another unofficial visit.

Clowney on his visit: 'Really the vibes were great. The people seem very genuine from the staff to athletic academic directs to everyone on the team (that I met)'

Clowney on IU's system: 'Got a chance to see film of coach Woodson actually coaching the team in the Bahamas and film of how I could be used.. A lot of simple sets, pick and roll mixed with pop for shot or iso (isolation) opportunity. Lots of transition buckets as far as bigs pushing and making plays and rim runs.'

Clowney on IU's fans: 'It was crazy. I love the fans'

The 6-foot-10 big remains the last realistic option for Indiana in the class of 2022 -- outside of the transfer portal.

He is expected to make his college decision shortly after his final visit. Look for middle to end of October unless things change.

More on Clowney: https://indiana.rivals.com/news/nat...ah-clowney-breaks-down-indiana-official-visit

---

Another class of 2023 visitor took an unofficial visit to Indiana this week. Bloomington North forward JQ Roberts was on campus on Wednesday. Indiana's staff watched him a few times this summer in the live recruiting periods.

Roberts on his visit: 'It was really good. Really liked all the coaches! I was exited to see Coach Marshall and how he helped the team in the weight room and his program'

Roberts on watching film: '(They showed me) About playing styles and how I’m able to get to the rim. They were showing me their film with some of my clips mixed in of the same type of plays and how I executed them well. I was surprised to see they had mixed in clips of me. It was cool... They said they recognized my versatility and then highlighted my abilities to get to the rim.

Roberts said the IU staff invited him to Hoosier Hysteria, where he will be taking another unofficial visit then.

More on Roberts: https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...roberts-sets-indiana-unofficial-visit.212946/

---

Indiana received news this week that 4-star 2023 point guard Jeremy Fears will take another unofficial visit to Indiana on Sept 18 (Cincinnati football game).

He will also take visits to Michigan (Sept 4) and Illinois (Sept 17).

Fears on his last visit: 'We met the coaching staff. 'Got a chance to see most of the facilities and watch the guys practice a little. Coaches were great... Coaching staff was incredible. It’s (the relationship) been really good. Coach (Woodson) is a great guy and we keep in good contact.'

More on Fears: https://indiana.rivals.com/news/202...-jeremy-fears-schedules-another-indiana-visit

---

A new offer went out on Thursday night to class of 2023 point guard Miro Little.

Little is a 6-foot-4 guard from Finland. He averaged 9.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists and shot 38.2 percent on 3's (34 attempts) during the 16U European Championships.

Dane Fife is the lead on this recruitment.

There isn't a ton of film on him as of right now, but out of the few games/highlights I've seen these are my takeaways.

Little is a quick and athletic guard with great length. His frame is well developed for his age as well. He has good ball handling ability and can dribble through multiple defenders. Little's vision also stands out. He shows a good ability to finish at the rim through contact as well. While his jumper is still developing, he shows good form and the ability to hit 3's. Showed some mid-range success at times as well.

Arizona, Wisconsin, Villanova, Providence, Gonzaga, Illinois are some of the other programs involved. Indiana was his first offer.

More on Little: https://indiana.rivals.com/news/indiana-extends-offer-to-2023-finnish-point-guard-miro-little

---

Small note...

Indiana forward Trayce Jackson-Davis was named a 2021-22 Preseason All-American by Athlon Sports.

Jackson-Davis was an All-American a season ago after averaging 19.1 points and 9.0 rebounds per game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News