ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Recruiting Notebook - Nov 5

allasley

All-American
Staff
Jun 21, 2019
We are now just days before the regular season tips off and the Mike Woodson era officially begins in Assembly Hall.

The Hoosiers take on Eastern Michigan on Tuesday, Nov 9 at 6 pm ET on BTN.

My guess for the starting lineup is this: Race Thompson, Trayce Jackson-Davis, Miller Kopp, Parker Stewart, Xavier Johnson.

I have said this multiple times this offseason though... I would expect there to be multiple different starting lineups throughout the season. I also don't think the starters play the most minutes. The more important unit for this group is who closes the games. I think Tamar Bates, Jordan Geronimo are two guys who can play their way into a closing role for this team.

--

On to recruiting...

Obviously Noah Clowney made his pledge to Alabama on Monday. So, that leaves IU with no more 2022 targets currently. There could always be someone who turns up in the spring, but Mike Woodson needs a big man who can come in and play immediately and so look for that player to come via the transfer portal in the spring. This won't be a 15-20 minute a game guy... this should be an immediate impact player to make up for what IU will lose up front with Race Thompson and Trayce Jackson-Davis.

Indiana will head into next week's national signing day with a class of Jalen Hood-Schifino, Kaleb Banks and CJ Gunn.

---

On the 2023 front, Rivals150 point guard Gabe Cupps released his top 3 on Sunday consisting of Indiana, Ohio State and Stanford.

Indiana is in need for a point guard in the 2023 class and by all accounts, Cupps is the guys IU has narrowed in on.

Cupps told me he is comfortable making a decision whenever he 'feels ready'. He has been very consistent with that message. That could be next week or in 2 months. I don't think this will last longer than the new year, however.

Indiana has one member in the class of 2023 and that is Jakai Newton. Newton told me he is recruiting Cupps to come to Indiana because of 'his energy and great shooting ability.'

More on Cupps' final 3: https://indiana.rivals.com/news/202...discusses-top-three-schools-decision-timeline

---

I touched on it earlier this week, but 2023 Finnish guard Miro Little is expected to take an Indiana official visit sometime in the next few months. He is working on his paperwork and passport to get everything set in place for that.

I would expect a visit sometime in January or early February.

IU assistant coach Dane Fife went to Finland earlier this fall to watch him and meet him in person. In the game Fife watched, Little put up a triple-double.

Little is a 6-foot-4 point guard who can do a little bit of everything with the ball and play a few different perimeter positions.

---

On Wednesday night, 2023 Ohio big man Austin Parks announced a top 5 of Indiana, Ohio State, Dayton, Michigan State and West Virginia. The 6-foot-10 big was offered on an unofficial visit back in June by Indiana.

Parks on Indiana: They are known for basketball and with the new head coach I’m interested to see if they can be back on top with his experience with coaching... they said I belong there and I have great potential to be really good and they believe i can help them with winning

On Michigan State: They work hard and they know what to do to make their guys better. they put a lot of people in the league

On Dayton: It’s not far from home and i feel like they are gonna surprise a lot of people this year and also have great coaching

On Ohio State: OSU is also close to home and they have a top notch program and they will be a knot her power house in college basketball

On West Virginia: I don’t know too much about West Virginia but I did get to meet their coaches and they showed me on a computer about there campus... I know about the history there and I believe i would fit in.

More on Parks' visit to Indiana: https://indiana.rivals.com/news/2023-center-austin-parks-leaves-indiana-unofficial-visit-with-offer

---

Other note..

- Trayce Jackson-Davis was named to the NABC Player of the Year watch list

- We released the first installment of the 2023 hot board earlier this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News