ADVERTISEMENT

For the long time IU fans,

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
in the other thread I asked what were your top five coaches of all time in Ncaa basketball. Ovaltine wrote Bob Knight and five different years. That was a great reply.
What are your top 7 Coach Knight games where he truly showed his coaching prowless and excellence? In your memory/opinion, what were Coach Knights seven greatest games? I'll start with 7 games. I'm only 34, so I started watching IU Eric Andersons freshman season to now. But from what I have read, watched over the years, here are mine in no order:

-1994 Ncaa 2nd Round 67-58 win over Temple. IU was (5) seed vs (4) seed Temple and John Chaney. Knight vs Chaney, even steven. Last season IU was IU imho. Lots of injuries and Knight used his three senior guards perfectly attacking the zone with Evans and Henderson middle and inside the line.

-1994-1995 vs Kansas Jayhawks. KU was top 4? at the time visiting an IU squad who was far from average early in the season. The Hall was rockin on CBS that day. Indiana 80 Kansas 62

-1999-2000 vs UNC in the Jimmy V Classic. Teams were even steven, But Knight basically got the better of Dean Smith this game, 82-73. Team was overachieving early and most of the year.

-1992 Elite 8 vs #1 seed UCLA. Da Bruins owned the Hoosiers at the beginning of the season (Was my 9th bday and was watchin at the ponderosa haha) The rematch IU absolutely owned the Bruins in a 106-79 ambush to head to the F4.

-1983-1984 season upset of #1 UNC. UNC had Jordan, Perkins etc. Once again, Knight got the best of Dean Smith and NBA all stars with freshman Alford, Simmons and a big goofy red head.

1981 National title game. 63-50 win over UNC. Sorry Dean Smith, but Coach Knight owns you. #11, Wittman, Tolbert, Turner, JThomas, Kitchel etc.

1987 National Title game vs Syracuse and F4 game vs UNLV is a tie. IU probably the third most talented of the three, but had the General and ended up first.

I'm probably missing some good ones that just arent coming to me like the 1976 vs Michigan title game 2nd half etc. Also '79 NIT over PU bcuz well PU sux.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News