ADVERTISEMENT

Fed ex and Memphis….

yep, and this thing is gonna keep getting bigger and bigger. $1.2M for Ballo in 2024 will cost how much for the equivalent in 5 years time???
Heck ballo is think is getting four times what TJD got just two years ago. I bet in two years guys like ballo will be asking for 3 million.

If the team gets good again, the Fedex Forum stadium will be on national TV again...

It'll attract more attention to Memphis, the city...

Hard to put values and numbers on those two things, but FedEx must see a value in Memphis Athletics being competitive.
Hmmn. I’m not fed exing something over UPS because they sponsor Memphis sports though

Hmmn. I’m not fed exing something over UPS because they sponsor Memphis sports though
That's not always how PR and Marketing works. Making sure they're staying relevant is a huge deal. The Fedex St Jude golf tournament probably doesn't cause many to drive out of their way to find a Fedex store either...but there are obvious benefits with that partnership.

Having a robust and successful athletic department at Memphis is huge for the city. And FedEx is deeply connected with the city of Memphis.

It's general marketing and generating awareness. Same thing as Fedex sponsoring the PGA Tour's playoff or as IUNorth pointed out the arena there (in addition to all they do for Memphis). I'm sure they see a business case for it.

The announcement of the NIL commitment is already generating exposure as a lot of people are talking about it.

yep, and this thing is gonna keep getting bigger and bigger. $1.2M for Ballo in 2024 will cost how much for the equivalent in 5 years time???
I know the budgets are available, but are the individual deals publicly available or are these #s estimates from different forums? I've heard Ballo was anywhere from $1M to $1.25M.

There are going to be making more than nba players soon. I think I will be watching many more hs games in the future and less college ( aka nba 2.0) games in the future.
As a Hoosier living in Central PA I love IHSAATV.ORG. I also enjoy Summit City Sports, SRN, Hamilton County Sports,ISC, and WHME. These are Youtube channels which have Indiana High School games.

Memphis is a trash city, dont know why anyone would want to go there unless they are Elvis fanatics! Too much crime/drugs/gangs around there! My uncle used to be a well respected university professor at there and he lived in a very bad area. I only been there once for a couple hours and don't ever care to go back!

I know the budgets are available, but are the individual deals publicly available or are these #s estimates from different forums? I've heard Ballo was anywhere from $1M to $1.25M.
Individual deals are not public. The $1.2M is out there because that was Ballo’s ask to various schools and coaches told Goodman and others. In reality he may be getting a little less than the ask, something like $1M, just a guess.

The total NIL budgets you have to piece together what various collectives and university people say.

Memphis is a trash city, dont know why anyone would want to go there unless they are Elvis fanatics! Too much crime/drugs/gangs around there! My uncle used to be a well respected university professor at there and he lived in a very bad area. I only been there once for a couple hours and don't ever care to go back!
I knew a young lawyer who ended up in Memphis. His name was Mitchell Mcdeer. It didn't end real well for him. Very sad.

Beale Street was cool when I went to the Liberty Bowl. But that was a long time ago.

Eddie Sutton would be right at home there with his $1,000.00 envelopes that were being mailed to recruits via Emery Worldwide.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT