ADVERTISEMENT

Farewell For A Three Year Tour.

I’m assuming they’re referring to the Putin wing of the GOP-MTG, Gaetz, Jordan, Mas, etc.
The Horseshoe Theory is alive and well. The Republicans need to remove some of their idiots via the primary.

Boebert is vulnerable this election cycle. Gaetz probably not. If DeSantis becomes president, 2026 becomes more realistic-I could see him putting a home-state bounty on Gaetz’s scalp

My family has been moved to the National Capital Region and I wrapped things up here in Ohio the last couple of weeks and now I'm driving over this afternoon to join them in Virginia. I start at the Pentagon the day after Labor Day. I didn't have a lot of time during my command tour to spend at the WC and you veterans will know that working at the Pentagon the next three years means I'll have even less time. I'll be busy AF and when not working at the Puzzle Palace I intend to spend as much time as possible with my family. Our kids are growing up fast and I don't want to miss it. I won't be giving up watching IU basketball and football so what little free time I have will probably be spent reading on those boards and rarely posting anywhere.

I'd like to say my farewell to all here. I know a few of you personally especially my friend and neighbor Aloha and a couple of old friends who only spend time on the sports boards. I feel that I know many more of you. Sort of. ;) Keep all the political discussions going and try to be civil with each other. We might be Democrat or Republican or conservative or liberal but we're all Americans! Me and Aloha are proof that a liberal Democrat and a conservative Republican can get along well. We all could if we tried. God bless America. And God bless IU!

I don't know what's in store yet after the Pentagon but Wright-Pat is a good possibility so I may be back here. I'm renting the house rather than selling it just in case I need it again!

Farewell all.
A three year tour? Sounds suspiciously like a song I once heard - probably before your time though. Aloha might have heard it.

You wouldn't be going on the USS Minnow, would you? 🤣

C'mon, man, even @larsIU finds time to post here while attending 27 meetings a day. How hard can being a desk pilot in DC be?
I think a lot of people on here must have a 1 hour/day job because they post more than I do and I'm retired. On the other hand, their job could be to spend 8 hours/day posting/arguing on the Cooler. 😀

Last edited:
I think a lot of people on here must have a 1 hour/day job because they post more than I do and I'm retired. On the other hand, their job could be to spend 8 hours/day posting/arguing on the Cooler. 😀
I do my level best to pull 2 one hours shifts per day for work. But they are seldomly consecutive. I pay the grandson some sugar to wiggle my mouse every 10 minutes so my computer doesn't go to sleep.

I was so damned efficient at my desk job I could knock it out and post on the Cooler and on Usenet all day long.

Only half kidding...

Haha. It's my only release.

90 meetings this week
93 for next week and it's not even next week yet. It'll go triple diggies no problem.

Favorite time slot next week is a tie between next Friday when between 9-10am I have 7 meetings either ongoing or starting and Thurs when i have 5 meetings beginning at 2p.

No I do not attend all of them but they are all shit I have to stay on top of if only to not get bitten on the ass later.

Just a touch under 11 more years.

Kill me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT