ADVERTISEMENT

Farewell For A Three Year Tour.

MrBing

All-Big Ten
Apr 25, 2011
My family has been moved to the National Capital Region and I wrapped things up here in Ohio the last couple of weeks and now I'm driving over this afternoon to join them in Virginia. I start at the Pentagon the day after Labor Day. I didn't have a lot of time during my command tour to spend at the WC and you veterans will know that working at the Pentagon the next three years means I'll have even less time. I'll be busy AF and when not working at the Puzzle Palace I intend to spend as much time as possible with my family. Our kids are growing up fast and I don't want to miss it. I won't be giving up watching IU basketball and football so what little free time I have will probably be spent reading on those boards and rarely posting anywhere.

I'd like to say my farewell to all here. I know a few of you personally especially my friend and neighbor Aloha and a couple of old friends who only spend time on the sports boards. I feel that I know many more of you. Sort of. ;) Keep all the political discussions going and try to be civil with each other. We might be Democrat or Republican or conservative or liberal but we're all Americans! Me and Aloha are proof that a liberal Democrat and a conservative Republican can get along well. We all could if we tried. God bless America. And God bless IU!

I don't know what's in store yet after the Pentagon but Wright-Pat is a good possibility so I may be back here. I'm renting the house rather than selling it just in case I need it again!

Farewell all.

Last edited:
My family has been moved to the National Capital Region and I wrapped things up here in Ohio the last couple of weeks and now I'm joining them driving over this afternoon. I start at the Pentagon the day after Labor Day. I didn't have a lot of time during my command tour to spend at the WC and you veterans will know know that working at the Pentagon the next three years means I'll have even less time. I'll be busy AF and when not working at the Puzzle Palace I intend to spend as much time as possible with my family. Our kids are growing up fast and I don't want to miss it. I won't be giving up watching IU basketball and football so what little free time I have will probably be spent reading on those boards and rarely posting anywhere.

I'd like to say my farewell to all here. I know a few of you personally especially my friend and neighbor Aloha and a couple of old friends who only spend time on the sports boards. I feel that I know many more of you. Sort of. ;) Keep all the political discussions going and try to be civil with each other. We might be Democrat or Republican or conservative or liberal but we're all Americans! Me and Aloha are proof that a liberal Democrat and a conservative Republican can get along well. We all could if we tried. God bless America. And God bless IU!

I don't know what's in store yet after the Pentagon but Wright-Pat is a good possibility so I may be back here. I'm renting the house rather than selling it just in case I need it again!

Farewell all.
Peace out Bro, good luck, Thank you for your service and hope to see you back one day!

Reactions: MrBing
My family has been moved to the National Capital Region and I wrapped things up here in Ohio the last couple of weeks and now I'm driving over this afternoon to join them in Virginia. I start at the Pentagon the day after Labor Day. I didn't have a lot of time during my command tour to spend at the WC and you veterans will know that working at the Pentagon the next three years means I'll have even less time. I'll be busy AF and when not working at the Puzzle Palace I intend to spend as much time as possible with my family. Our kids are growing up fast and I don't want to miss it. I won't be giving up watching IU basketball and football so what little free time I have will probably be spent reading on those boards and rarely posting anywhere.

Farewell all.
Good luck mr bing. All the best to you and your family!

Farewell all.

Good luck. When you get done and back to real civilization, come back here to the land where the top discussion is who was banned lately.

Farewell all.
I can think of a lot of things to call Aloha. Conservative Republican would be the last ;) Keep the MIC in line for us would ya!

I can think of a lot of things to call Aloha. Conservative Republican would be the last ;) Keep the MIC in line for us would ya!
I'll never understand you guys saying that about Aloha but it is only the Trumpers that say it so it has to be that he doesn't like Trump. I spent many hours with him and his family and he's conservative Republican 100 percent. He is not a Democrat or liberal in any way at all. I'd say he's probably the most conservative Republican friend I have. He doesn't like Trump at all but that doesn't equal not being a conservative. He's explained that to you and you don't get it. Oh well it is what it is.

I'll never understand you guys saying that about Aloha but it is only the Trumpers that say it so it has to be that he doesn't like Trump. I spent many hours with him and his family and he's conservative Republican 100 percent. I'd say he's probably the most conservative friend I have. He doesn't like Trump at all but that doesn't equal not being a conservative. He's explained that to you and you don't get it. Oh well it is what it is.
Dude I'm givin ya shit before you leave. Don't think you're getting out that easy :)

Farewell all.
A good chance living in the DC area will convert you to the proper political side. Aloha couldn’t do it, but the daily avalanche of DC politics could cure you. Meanwhile, you can cheer on the Hoosiers when they visit the turtles.

Be careful, though. MTIOTF has threatened to levitate the Pentagon. . . .

Always appreciate your voice and unique perspective on here. It will be missed while you are away but damn, sounds like you're going to have some more exciting life experiences over the next few years.

Best wishes to you and the 'Bing' family!

Last edited:
How many promotions until you're President?
Immediate

Welcome to the Pentagon. You're here because you dont walk up steps very well. Here put on this suit and mask and follow me to the boarding stairs.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Pentagon. You're here because you dont walk up steps very well. Here put on this suit and mask and follow me to the boarding stairs.
Is this about MTIOTF levitating the Penny?

Farewell all.
Ummm….. @Aloha Hoosier is a filthy Democrat like yourself. For the record that is a joke 😁 Best of luck to you.

Farewell all.
So, you were Danc all along!
Seriously, best wishes to you and your family, Mr. Bing.

• Wow
I didn't have a lot of time during my command tour to spend at the WC and you veterans will know that working at the Pentagon the next three years means I'll have even less time. I'll be busy AF and when not working at the Puzzle Palace I intend to spend as much time as possible with my family.

C'mon, man, even @larsIU finds time to post here while attending 27 meetings a day. How hard can being a desk pilot in DC be?

Welcome to DC (I'm on the MD side)! Glad to hear there'll be one more level head at the Pentagon. Especially as my son considers joining the army.

Don't be a stranger around here, though.

I'll never understand you guys saying that about Aloha but it is only the Trumpers that say it so it has to be that he doesn't like Trump. I spent many hours with him and his family and he's conservative Republican 100 percent. He is not a Democrat or liberal in any way at all. I'd say he's probably the most conservative Republican friend I have. He doesn't like Trump at all but that doesn't equal not being a conservative. He's explained that to you and you don't get it. Oh well it is what it is.
Most of us fiscal republicans hate Trump- sure tell me what a great economy is as you stuff 25% of our federal debt into all our pockets- screw that failed president- anyone that still backs Trump has secret reason to do so.

C'mon, man, even @larsIU finds time to post here while attending 27 meetings a day. How hard can being a desk pilot in DC be?
I only attend about 15 of them a day. Outlook ****ing blows man. I have to at least tentatively accept a meeting series to continue receiving updates. Or, I could manage my calendar and decline them every week but that just sounds like more work.

Also, I'm pretty certain Bing's decisions have a bit more riding on them than my own.

Farewell all.
Pentagon ’s gain; the Cooler’s loss. Glad people like you have our back

Your absence means @Aloha Hoosier has to up his game.

Farewell all.
Best of luck, Colonel (yes, Bing was promoted to Colonel everyone) and your change of command ceremony was nice - for an Air Force ceremony. 😉

We’ll keep an eye on your house and I’ll see you on my DC business trips. Next one is last week of September.

You’re on track for a star if you stay in and the Air Force is better with you in it!

Fair winds and following seas!

I actively and successfully avoided a Pentagon tour. I doubt I was going to make flag anyway, but no Pentagon tour pretty much guarantees no flag. I was perfectly OK with that. I wanted to serve in the fleet, not DC.

Best of luck, Colonel (yes, Bing was promoted to Colonel everyone) and your change of command ceremony was nice - for an Air Force ceremony. 😉

We’ll keep an eye on your house and I’ll see you on my DC business trips. Next one is last week of September.

You’re on track for a star if you stay in and the Air Force is better with you in it!

Fair winds and following seas!
Thanks for your service gents

Farewell all.
God bless you and your family Bing.

Hope its all peace and Smithsonians!

Farewell all.
Try to enjoy your "forced" service at the Pentagon. I hope they don't ruin you, hang on to your family tightly until your tour of duty is over. Sempter Fi

Reactions: TomEric4756
Posting on the Cooler is clearly more of a security breech than having classified docs in your possession. As it should be. Probably have a written section on the Cooler in the manual. 😊
I'm looking forward to all those libs at the Pentagon following Bing to the Cooler so that we may finally have a majority.

Reactions: Morrison

Farewell all.

Fvcking A … Bloom and Cavy really did ruin this place

Reactions: Bloom.
Welcome to DC (I'm on the MD side)! Glad to hear there'll be one more level head at the Pentagon. Especially as my son considers joining the army.

Don't be a stranger around here, though.
Do NOT allow your son to enlist in any military.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT