ADVERTISEMENT

Expectation Management!!!

M2theM

Freshman
Dec 24, 2011
I usually don’t like Gregg Doyal’s stuff, but his last article on Woodson pegged me for sure. I was not excited at first. But the more I hear Woodson (watched the whole press conference), the more I like him and I really view him as a man of character and purpose. I’m proud to have him lead the program and I will cheer for him to succeed more than any coach since Knight!!! Sorry, just being honest that I wasn’t all in on the last 4 coaches. I liked the Archie hire, but not sure I ever liked the guy.

I hope he brings back more players, but I’m ok if he doesn’t.... Ultimately it comes down to expectations of the fan base vs. his performance. Hard to put that into context without having any idea who the players are. I think he gets a solid pass for two years if he doesn’t have have most of the players back...

This is what I do expect-
-Tough Defense
-Tough players that will give their best effort
-Honest with the media and won’t be the same coach speech we get from “everyone else”. That is what he gave us in his press conference and it was refreshing!
-I expect all our favorite players from the past being involved with the program and will be celebrated upon their return
-I expect in two years he has at least 2 top 50 recruits 2023 class
-I expect us to consistently finish in the top half of the Big 10 starting in 23/24 season.

What are your expectations of Woody? What are the expectations of Hoosier Nation. I have two kids at IU now and would love them to have the experience I had in the early 90s with IU Basketball!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News