ADVERTISEMENT

DD was right

Whose payroll? And in what capacity? The NCAA might be a joke in many respects, but they still limit the number of people who can be on a staff and how much they can interact with the team. I'm tired of the innuendo.
The thing is, there’s plenty of stuff to be upset about Woody about his coaching style. I don’t see the need to bring his character in to question also, just because we are mad he’s not winning enough.

Huh? I’m not doubting you. Just saying it’s not like there’s a ton of people walking by in Woody hats. It doesn’t appear to be a concerted effort. Some guy made a Woody hat….
Woody should have told anyone walking around the bench with the hat to get the damn thing off.

Reactions: UncleMark
Stories regarding Wittman, Hill and others being on the payroll. I’ve nit seen Wittman around. I have seen Hill sitting like a statue at games. I suppose IU being a public school someone so inclined to research who all might or might not be on the payroll.

Ummm, Hill should be on the payroll, since he's director of basketball administrations.

*eyeroll* He had his chance to coach and never went as far or did as well. Bitterness jealousy and pandering malcontent idiots for clicks .. deserves no respect.

I think we (the smart people) should post this every time that asshole is posted... it's fair. Spam vs spam. Unlike Dan, it isn't based on biased opinion only ... it's called watch and see with a good amount of biased opinion for flavor.

MJ stopper my ass .. FF to 1:12 to avoid Ant talking about how much of a d**kh**d Dan is ... and watch this bullshit myth unravel before your eyes.
Just so we all know:

1. IU beat UNC, 72-68. UNC/Jordan lost. IU won. Team IU defeated Team UNC that game. It wasn't Dakich v. Jordan. IU played a great team game.
2. Jordan was averaging 19.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game that season.
3. In the IU game, supergod Michael Jordan had a whopping 13 points, 1 rebound and 4 turnovers. No one can say Jordan ran rampant over IU in that game. Something slowed him down.
4. After the game Bob Knight explained that he knew he couldn't keep Jordan from getting the ball but thought IU could keep Jordan from getting back cuts and rebounds. He thought Dakich succeeded in accomplishing those two goals.

I watched the game live and never thought Dakich "shut down" Michael Jordan -- he only slowed Jordan down a bit. That was enough to win. Dean Smith's defense on Jordan was more effective -- Smith benched Jordan for extended periods of time that made no sense to me. That was even better defense than whatever Dakich did to him.

If Dakich himself is now saying he "shut down" Jordan, that would be silly, so please post a link that convicts him of that. I did hear Billy PACCer say something like that but Billy is not an authority who can flippantly contradict the game I saw with my own eyes. I never heard Dakich say that.

Look -- Dakich has turned into a butthole recently for a number of reasons. But please don't claim Dakich claimed he "shut down" Michael Jordan without a link proving Dakich himself is saying such things.

Those were the days when it was fun to pay attention to IU basketball.

Reactions: ulrey
I didn’t say anything about his coaching ability. I talked to him several times when his son and mine were doing AAU ball. He wasn’t bombastic nor a prink. He had many interesting stories and great analysis of games and players.
When Dakich started promoting simplistic redneck political positions he spiraled into the ground.

Just so we all know:

1. IU beat UNC, 72-68. UNC/Jordan lost. IU won. Team IU defeated Team UNC that game. It wasn't Dakich v. Jordan. IU played a great team game.
3. In the IU game, supergod Michael Jordan had a whopping 13 points, 1 rebound and 4 turnovers. No one can say Jordan ran rampant over IU in that game. Something slowed him down.
4. After the game Bob Knight explained that he knew he couldn't keep Jordan from getting the ball but thought IU could keep Jordan from getting back cuts and rebounds. He thought Dakich succeeded in accomplishing those two goals.

I watched the game live and never thought Dakich "shut down" Michael Jordan -- he only slowed Jordan down a bit. That was enough to win. Dean Smith's defense on Jordan was more effective -- Smith benched Jordan for extended periods of time that made no sense to me. That was even better defense than whatever Dakich did to him.

If Dakich himself is now saying he "shut down" Jordan, that would be silly, so please post a link that convicts him of that. I did hear Billy PACCer say something like that but Billy is not an authority who can flippantly contradict the game I saw with my own eyes. I never heard Dakich say that.

Look -- Dakich has turned into a butthole recently for a number of reasons. But please don't claim Dakich claimed he "shut down" Michael Jordan without a link proving Dakich himself is saying such things.

Those were the days when it was fun to pay attention to IU basketball.
And I visited some buddies at school the summer before their freshman year and played buckets against Travis Ford. We had no idea who he was.

Stories regarding Wittman, Hill and others being on the payroll. I’ve nit seen Wittman around. I have seen Hill sitting like a statue at games. I suppose IU being a public school someone so inclined to research who all might or might not be on the payroll.
1. You mean George Hill?

2. Who is the Harry Belafonte clone on the bench? His photo is not on the IU web page with the coaches.

Edit to add: Armond Hill is the guy I was talking about. Have no idea what he does but we're not winning.

Last edited:
If Dakich himself is now saying he "shut down" Jordan, that would be silly, so please post a link that convicts him of that
I've heard him talk multiple times on his old radio show about shutting down Jordan. He would get into it then he would also remind people that Jordan still owed him 6k from a golf bet.

Same guy who is such a believer in respecting the past players and their sacrifices for the program, but would insist on saying their names wrong, acting like they weren't important enough to bother knowing.

Edit to correct the amount of $ he claims to be owed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
1. You mean George Hill?

2. Who is the Harry Belafonte clone on the bench? His photo is not on the IU web page with the coaches.
There ya go. You’re always wanting to rat somebody out here’s your chance. You and stoll can bring down the entire athletics administration. Be great! 30 for 30 or whatever that one series is on Netflix with refs cheating etc

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and jet812
There ya go. You’re always wanting to rat somebody out here’s your chance. You and stoll can bring down the entire athletics administration. Be great! 30 for 30 or whatever that one series is on Netflix with refs cheating etc
YAWN.

You sound increasingly like a lawyer who's afraid he'll be reported for posting inappropriate material.

You do not sound like a lawyer who's trying to make sure he doesn't post inappropriate material.

YAWN.

You sound increasingly like a lawyer who's afraid he'll be reported for posting inappropriate material.

You do not sound like a lawyer who's trying to make sure he doesn't post inappropriate material.
Want me to send you a dick pic? I simply don’t like you. I’m not worried in the least. If I ran into you I’d punch you in the head.

• Love
Reactions: DANC and jet812
What’s his issues except he’s a loud mouth?

He’s certainly right about Woodson.

Woodson has his own little club at IU that are all grafting off our Athletic Department.

I’d love to know where the hats with WOODY written across the front with no IU logo came from. I saw one of his nan cave members wearing one at the Iowa game. He was walking on the floor a few feet in front on me in my seat. Right before my question came out of my mouth I decided not to be a dick on a night when we were winning.

He is far from “certainly right“ about Woodson. As far as I’m concerned, the jury is still out. Fukk off with your early call on this. He may pull it out this season, and if not, there’s next season, and he may pull it off it then. (You’re not one of those that think he’s going to get fired at the end of THIS season, are you?).

He is far from “certainly right“ about Woodson. As far as I’m concerned, the jury is still out. Fukk off with your early call on this. He may pull it out this season, and if not, there’s next season, and he may pull it off it then. (You’re not one of those that think he’s going to get fired at the end of THIS season, are you?).
Nope, I don’t think for a minute he’s getting fired. We’re going to watch worse next year. Maybe even the year after that.

Just so we all know:

Words have meaning, the person you are arguing with only exists in your brain, none of the points you made apply to me or were made my me... fwiw - I hope you win your argument imaginary people are a tough opponent.

Want me to send you a dick pic? I simply don’t like you. I’m not worried in the least. If I ran into you I’d punch you in the head.
I'm not worried.

You'd never get any drive into your punch from those worn-out arthritic has-been knees you show those 28-year old women you walk past (and then claim you date).

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nope, I don’t think for a minute he’s getting fired. We’re going to watch worse next year. Maybe even the year after that.
Yep.

There are things a coach can do to hide weaknesses -- Crean used to play an occasional 2-3 zone to hide Hulls in a corner, when we played a team with guards that Hulls couldn't handle.

Woodson doesn't make adjustments like that. He just stumbles ahead with a man-to-man like he thinks it's working.

Nebraska and Penn State in particular beat us with fast guards we couldn't keep up with in a man-to-man. Woodson never adjusted.

Reactions: ulrey and stollcpa
Yep.

There are things a coach can do to hide weaknesses -- Crean used to play an occasional 2-3 zone to hide Hulls in a corner, when we played a team with guards that Hulls couldn't handle.

Woodson doesn't make adjustments like that. He just stumbles ahead with a man-to-man like he thinks it's working.

Nebraska and Penn State in particular beat us with fast guards we couldn't keep up with in a man-to-man. Woodson never adjusted.
It’s one of the reasons we are never comfortable with a lead. We start fast often, but the the other teams adjusts and we rarely do.

What’s his issues except he’s a loud mouth?

He’s certainly right about Woodson.

Woodson has his own little club at IU that are all grafting off our Athletic Department.

I’d love to know where the hats with WOODY written across the front with no IU logo came from. I saw one of his nan cave members wearing one at the Iowa game. He was walking on the floor a few feet in front on me in my seat. Right before my question came out of my mouth I decided not to be a dick on a night when we were winning.

He may be right about Woodson, but remember how bad he was at coaching himself. He loves to use his platform to criticize others when he sucked, himself. He literally took a Top 10 team with CKS and turned it into a dumpster fire in less than a week.

Also, he’s basically acting anti-IU since then, because he’s butthurt.

He may be right about Woodson, but remember how bad he was at coaching himself. He loves to use his platform to criticize others when he sucked, himself. He literally took a Top 10 team with CKS and turned it into a dumpster fire in less than a week.

You realize he was dealing with players not going to class and doing drugs? They weren’t interested in playing when he tried to do something about it.

Reactions: DANC

I think you're spot on. I think he was genuinely shocked he didn't get the job permanently. I think in his brain, he did what needed to be done to turn the program around, and the powers that be were too stupid to see that he was the next RMK.

You realize he was dealing with players not going to class and doing drugs? They weren’t interested in playing when he tried to do something about it.

Likely excuse. They had no problems winning for CKS (his drug fueled players are still playing at a high level). Dan couldn’t even win in Hs.

Also, where was he crying when we had a solid season last year?

Our biggest problem is no shooters. No shooters and our terrible offense are why we have long scoring droughts.
We had long scoring droughts last year when we had multiple guys making 3s at an above average clip. No shooters just amplifies things like lack of bench play.

Reactions: DANC and Willdog7
Likely excuse. They had no problems winning for CKS (his drug fueled players are still playing at a high level). Dan couldn’t even win in Hs.

Also, where was he crying when we had a solid season last year?
His drug fueled players at IU revolted. There’s no question about the mess Sampson left with the IU team.

I don’t have any idea about Sampson’s current players.

Reactions: DANC
We had long scoring droughts last year when we had multiple guys making 3s at an above average clip. No shooters just amplifies things like lack of bench play.
We did have some, but still not at the consistency we should. I don’t think we ran enough plays for Koop specifically.

His drug fueled players at IU revolted. There’s no question about the mess Sampson left with the IU team.

I don’t have any idea about Sampson’s current players.

Look at Houston’s record vs IUs. They are far better. CKS can flat out coach.

Dakich just blocks people on this site and Twitter bc he dishes it out but can’t take any heat

Look at Houston’s record vs IUs. They are far better. CKS can flat out coach.

Dakich just blocks people on this site and Twitter bc he dishes it out but can’t take any heat
I’d take Sampson in a NY minute.

In his time at IU he thought he had to rush things. He got some really good players together quickly. They had no interest in school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT