ADVERTISEMENT

CPAC meets in....... Hungary?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Specifically in that "bastion of Freedom" known as Budapest...Don't know about you, but for my money nothing screams "freedom" like Viktor Orban who is on his 4th term (likely bucking for Leader for Life).
I guess Putin was pre occupied, so they settled for Putin's biggest ally in Europe (Belarus doesn't count)...

Btw, how many times/yr do these CPAC folks meet? I swear it seems like we were just reading about the last meeting in Orlando 3 or 4 months ago, and now here they are in the Pest, soaking up all that Orban charisma

And what would a gathering in Hungary be without Orban spreading his message of racial purity and "Christian" nationalism. Hard to characterize it as "Judeo-Christian", since one of the main speakers was noted anti-Semitic Hungarian media host Zsolt Bayer who is known for describing Jews as "stinking excrement". From the Times of Israel...

Of course the main impetus for the anti semitic element within Orban's govt is their blind hatred for Soros. And goodness don't get them started on the "Roma issue"... Jews are bad enough, but the gypsies (and gays, for that matter) are scum who must be eradicated from society...

But Vik had kind words for his buddies Tucker and Donnie. He seemed to slip for a moment and forget he was talking to Americans rather than his Hungarian subjects, when he suggested that since Tucker's show was so popular it should be broadcast 24/7. You know the way he controls Hungary's state media, and a suggestion from Uncle Vik amounts to an order...

Trump and Tucker both sent video messages. Trump lauded his buddy Viktor, but he still couldn't resist reminding his audience (and Viktor, presumably) that Trump endorsed him. Trump never misses a chance to heap praise on the authoritarian figures he admires (and wishes he could've emulated their ability to control elections). Orban, Putin, Bolsonaro Modi... it's hard to think of an authoritarian figure Trump hasn't expressed admiration for...

This video message presented on Hungarian state media is bizarre, in the way it seemingly tries to conflate adoring MAGA crowds with Orban's adoring Nationalist throngs

And it wasn't just bizarre Hungarian media figures like Bayer, but some American crazies were featured speakers as well. Noted serial liar and Roger Stone protege Jack Posobiec was there in person to close out the festivities. The most ridiculous aspect of Posobiec's history is not his involvement in "Pizza gate" or his bizarre claims that Antifa derailed an Amtrak train in 2017, although both are basically wackadoodle worthy. Rather the craziest thing related to Posobiec in my opinion is that more than 1 person on this board has actually linked to his twitter account as if it was some legitimate source of truth.

I mean if the direct links to Q aren't enough to convince you he's cuckoo, then how about his failure to repudiate the rantings of his friend and mentor Roger Stone? Here's Roger on of those pseudo religious cult shows (Elijah List) talking about the Satanic portal hovering over the White House. Think about how delusional this is... Lifelong devout Catholic Biden is the anti-Christ and lifelong hedonist and immoral Trump is the valiant Christian warrior? Some of these folks really are living in the Twilight Zone....

Starts at about the 25 min mark, if you want to skip his self serving "I was persecuted" ramblings...

CBS was one of the few media outlets to gain access to the proceedings in Budapest, so here's an interesting eyewitness account from Adam Yamaguchi...

And finally it's a feature length show, but Jordan Klepper made a visit to Hungary back in April in advance of the upcoming CPAC Conference. While there he set the stage for CPAC and interacted with Hungarians who support Orban as well as the people who make up the opposition...Definitely enlightening...

Saw this late last week. Why they want to cozy up to Orban is mystifying.

We know there was an international component to communism, there is an international component to nationalism. Both originated in the same place, Moscow. One tried attracting the left, the other the right. Amazingly by going to the one European country backing Russia they do not think people would notice.

Reactions: cosmickid
Specifically in that "bastion of Freedom" known as Budapest...Don't know about you, but for my money nothing screams "freedom" like Viktor Orban who is on his 4th term (likely bucking for Leader for Life).
I guess Putin was pre occupied, so they settled for Putin's biggest ally in Europe (Belarus doesn't count)...

Btw, how many times/yr do these CPAC folks meet? I swear it seems like we were just reading about the last meeting in Orlando 3 or 4 months ago, and now here they are in the Pest, soaking up all that Orban charisma

And what would a gathering in Hungary be without Orban spreading his message of racial purity and "Christian" nationalism. Hard to characterize it as "Judeo-Christian", since one of the main speakers was noted anti-Semitic Hungarian media host Zsolt Bayer who is known for describing Jews as "stinking excrement". From the Times of Israel...

Of course the main impetus for the anti semitic element within Orban's govt is their blind hatred for Soros. And goodness don't get them started on the "Roma issue"... Jews are bad enough, but the gypsies (and gays, for that matter) are scum who must be eradicated from society...

But Vik had kind words for his buddies Tucker and Donnie. He seemed to slip for a moment and forget he was talking to Americans rather than his Hungarian subjects, when he suggested that since Tucker's show was so popular it should be broadcast 24/7. You know the way he controls Hungary's state media, and a suggestion from Uncle Vik amounts to an order...

Trump and Tucker both sent video messages. Trump lauded his buddy Viktor, but he still couldn't resist reminding his audience (and Viktor, presumably) that Trump endorsed him. Trump never misses a chance to heap praise on the authoritarian figures he admires (and wishes he could've emulated their ability to control elections). Orban, Putin, Bolsonaro Modi... it's hard to think of an authoritarian figure Trump hasn't expressed admiration for...

This video message presented on Hungarian state media is bizarre, in the way it seemingly tries to conflate adoring MAGA crowds with Orban's adoring Nationalist throngs

And it wasn't just bizarre Hungarian media figures like Bayer, but some American crazies were featured speakers as well. Noted serial liar and Roger Stone protege Jack Posobiec was there in person to close out the festivities. The most ridiculous aspect of Posobiec's history is not his involvement in "Pizza gate" or his bizarre claims that Antifa derailed an Amtrak train in 2017, although both are basically wackadoodle worthy. Rather the craziest thing related to Posobiec in my opinion is that more than 1 person on this board has actually linked to his twitter account as if it was some legitimate source of truth.

I mean if the direct links to Q aren't enough to convince you he's cuckoo, then how about his failure to repudiate the rantings of his friend and mentor Roger Stone? Here's Roger on of those pseudo religious cult shows (Elijah List) talking about the Satanic portal hovering over the White House. Think about how delusional this is... Lifelong devout Catholic Biden is the anti-Christ and lifelong hedonist and immoral Trump is the valiant Christian warrior? Some of these folks really are living in the Twilight Zone....

Starts at about the 25 min mark, if you want to skip his self serving "I was persecuted" ramblings...

CBS was one of the few media outlets to gain access to the proceedings in Budapest, so here's an interesting eyewitness account from Adam Yamaguchi...

And finally it's a feature length show, but Jordan Klepper made a visit to Hungary back in April in advance of the upcoming CPAC Conference. While there he set the stage for CPAC and interacted with Hungarians who support Orban as well as the people who make up the opposition...Definitely enlightening...

You must have some life…🤣🤣🤣

They love his anti-immigrant nationalism. Think it's the stance we should take. Admire him for doing it, no matter how dictatorial.
Trumpism is ultimately a nativist movement, not a conservative one. This has been obvious from the beginning. The ACU has decided to embrace Trumpism and nativism, which is there has been a growing rift between them and other establishment conservatives.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT