ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pat Knight . . .

And he could’ve been Bob’s replacement had things gone differently 24 years ago.
That could’ve been said about a lot of coaches, things having gone differently 24 years ago. Pat would never have been considered a strong candidate, but thought more of as just a courtesy interview to appease his old man.

Great pick up for Marian University. Happy for both Marian and coach Pat Knight
Why do you think that this is a great hire?
His conference records at TT were: 4-6, 3-13, 4-12, 5-11. His top finish, when he took over for RMK was tied for 7th.
At Lamar he was equally bad. His first year was good, 11-5, then 1-17, 2-11, before getting canned mid-season.

Reactions: ulrey
Why do you think that this is a great hire?
His conference records at TT were: 4-6, 3-13, 4-12, 5-11. His top finish, when he took over for RMK was tied for 7th.
At Lamar he was equally bad. His first year was good, 11-5, then 1-17, 2-11, before getting canned mid-season.
He and Chris Beard owned the TTU record as Associate Head Coaches. He will be great in recruiting athletes to Marian… similar to their football team. He will offer a direct line into the larger NIL programs to standouts…. Kinda like the Indiana Wesleyan kid to Nevada to play for Alford. Pat is extremely well connected in the coaching world. He is an excellent evaluator of talent….. Pacers believe so too and why he is their West Coast Scout. He will build a very successful program at Marian

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
He and Chris Beard owned the TTU record as Associate Head Coaches. He will be great in recruiting athletes to Marian… similar to their football team. He will offer a direct line into the larger NIL programs to standouts…. Kinda like the Indiana Wesleyan kid to Nevada to play for Alford. Pat is extremely well connected in the coaching world. He is an excellent evaluator of talent….. Pacers believe so too and why he is their West Coast Scout. He will build a very successful program at Marian
I like Marion, so I hope you're right. Fortunately, MU has had 20-win seasons for 5+ years, so the program is in good shape.

Reactions: ulrey
Let’s be happy one of our own favorite sons is back inside the state lines.

Not sure anyone could see BiG 12 success playing KS, K-State, Texas, Oklahoma, OK State, IA State, Mizzou, and Baylor twice a year … In Lubbock. RMK’s success in Lubbock was remarkable.

Last edited:
Let’s be happy one of our own favorite sons is back inside the state lines.

Not sure anyone could see BiG 12 success playing KS, K-State, Texas, Oklahoma, OK State, IA State, Mizzou, and Baylor twice a year … In Lubbock. RMW’s success in Lubbock was remarkable.
they went to the NCAA final game the year all of those schools took a year off

He and his brother sold Texas Tech gear at a gas station on 135 the spring IU went to the F4.

**** those guys
I had forgotten about that, although it was Tim and Nancy (RMK’s ex) who had the TT store. The building used to be a Roselyn’s bakery. Tim got in some trouble for it Accounting problems

Did Bob say much when Texas Tech fired Pat?
yeah I talked to him about it, make it safe for this site will have to use some *, his direct quote was F*** those ungrateful. c*** s******* m******** F******, they can kiss my m********** f********** A***, Stupid non basketball knowing S** of a B*******. F*** F*** eat my d**** lousy B**********, then he said now back to the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT