ADVERTISEMENT

Christie is dropping out.

So there’s a difference between electability and competency/quality. As to the latter Desantis is way ahead of Haley. But haley polls better than Desantis. The problem is she doesn’t voice the trump traits Desantis has so has zero shot at beating trump in the primaries. She’ll never make it to the final.
Either one would be more likely than Trump to beat Biden. Let’s support one. I’m all in on Haley.

Last edited:
I guess you have no candidate. The Democrats aren’t fiscally conservative. Trump certainly wasn’t. Haley at least balanced budgets as a Governor and talks fiscal conservatism.

All governors have balanced budgets. States can't print money.

Either one would more likely than Trump to beat Biden. Let’s support one. I’m all in on Haley.
Haley is terrible. Sounds like a school board mom. South Carolina was ranked 45 out of 50 states. She has a lousy record.

Desantis should be the guy but as Christie said Haley will get smoked and Desantis forget it. I wish the Dems would bring in someone but in nc they aren’t even letting people on the ballot

One more round of two cadavers

All governors have balanced budgets. States can't print money.
But they can run deficits and that's why not all of them have balanced budgets.

California has a $38,000,000,0000 budget deficit right now. I'm sure there are others, but just read about California.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I don't think they count some of the future obligations like pensions and such, so it might be 68. 37.9 was the number I read.

Wow, it looks like the unfunded pension liability for CalPers was $1,530,000,000,000 as of 2022. I didn't look to see if that's the most recent number or not.

The states with the most unfunded liabilities are California ($1.53 trillion), Illinois ($533.72 billion), Texas ($529.70 billion), New York ($508.70 billion) and Ohio ($429.53 billion). These five states alone account for more than $3.5 trillion in unfunded liabilities, or about 43% of all unfunded liabilities in the U.S.

• Wow
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Haley is terrible. Sounds like a school board mom. South Carolina was ranked 45 out of 50 states. She has a lousy record.

Desantis should be the guy but as Christie said Haley will get smoked and Desantis forget it. I wish the Dems would bring in someone but in nc they aren’t even letting people on the ballot

One more round of two cadavers
Desantis could be the guy if he didn't come off like a robot that needs to have it's operating system rebooted.

Wow, it looks like the unfunded pension liability for CalPers was $1,530,000,000,000 as of 2022. I didn't look to see if that's the most recent number or not.

The states with the most unfunded liabilities are California ($1.53 trillion), Illinois ($533.72 billion), Texas ($529.70 billion), New York ($508.70 billion) and Ohio ($429.53 billion). These five states alone account for more than $3.5 trillion in unfunded liabilities, or about 43% of all unfunded liabilities in the U.S.

Their pension systems are as structurally unsound as Social Security is. I remember an article from a few years back that said there are retired government workers in California making something like 150 percent of what they made before they retired.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Their pension systems are as structurally unsound as Social Security is. I remember an article from a few years back that said there are retired government workers in California making something like 150 percent of what they made before they retired.
A friend from high school taught in California. She retired a few years ago at 50 and i was drawing something crazy like 115% of her annual salary's average over the last 10 years of teaching. I may be off on the calculations, but it was something jaw-dropping like that. I was honestly a little dumbfounded when she told us because I was trying to figure out how someone could possibly have thought that was sustainable when it was approved and implemented.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT