ADVERTISEMENT

Chokehold death

Jesus would say that we are to obey the law. First, the man was selling

illegal loosies. Second, when they arrested him he resisted. I am not happy this man is dead, but he would not be dead if he had not resisted. This is my only point. I have no hatred for the man.

did you see what he did?

He shook his hand away. He said please officer repeatedly. He obviously had been harassed in the past. The resisting arrest excuse is so lame, by the officers and anyone else. It's pitiful...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Haha part 2

In the words of Fletch..."Gawd, I admire you"

One day, when I grow up, I want to be just like you. In the mean time, I will value my worth to society through means other than a message board. I know you sit around with your robe recklessly open, stroking yourself as you type, but it just isn't that important to me. Congrats on the Big Boy award of the Peegs Water Cooler message board.

That's special

But it troubles me that you fantasize about me with my robe "recklessly open". In truth, I don't own a robe. Rub one out on that.

and yet another grand jury decided not to proceed with charges....

...there's probably more to this story that didn't bode well for the suspect... these grand juries must be made up of a bunch of inconsiderate prejudice people who don't care about the oppression of minorities...

do i think the police acted wrongly here... yes... once the suspect was under control they should have quickly returned him to a position where his breathing would have been easier since he was complaining of it being a problem... what did they do, sit on him for 5 minutes? and then leave him in a face down position on the cement... at least get him on his back or side... the guy was huge and overweight... did they even call an ambulance? yes, it could have been handled better after the suspect was secured... but the suspect could have made it a lot easier on himself during the apprehension...

You...

are an absolute clown. I pity any church congregation that listens to anything you have to say. Where is that by the way...I want to be sure to avoid it at all costs.

Guess any moron can claim to be a pastor these days. It's utterly comical.

I doubt Jesus gives two shits about any "illegal" loosies...I bet Jesus does care about the killing of a man and I'm certain he wouldn't be blaming him for being killed.

You say you have no hatred for the man, but you clearly don't give a shit about his loss of life. Is this the kind of heart less crap you spew when preaching? Bravo.

Only...

mildly insulting
wink.r191677.gif
. I kid...all good my friend.

More about this

Here is what the law students of color wrote to the Columbia faculty:
Dear Columbia Law School Faculty and Administrators,

We are writing to you as students who have been deeply affected by the recent events in Ferguson, in New York, and across the country. As people of color, we have always had to maintain an awareness of the ways in which our bodies are policed by the state, are under constant threat of violence, and the ways in which we make sacrifices within the institutions of which we are a part in hopes of making the passage through this world, of our bodies and bodies like ours, easier. Recent events have severely impacted us and the need to respond has never felt more urgent.

We have been traumatized over and again by the devaluation of Black and Brown lives. We are falling apart.

In the midst of our trauma, we are, of course, still formally members of the Columbia Law School community. As student leaders of color at Columbia, we have been asked to bear the burden of educating the broader community about issues that have wreaked havoc on our psyches and lives, with some support and some dehumanizing moments of dismissal by our peers and faculty. Nonetheless, we have borne the burden and done so with unfailing grace.

We will not continue to be asked to make sacrifices in the name of informing the broader school community of our struggles without, in turn, demanding that the community care for us too.

Recent events have unsettled our lives as students. We have struggled to compartmentalize our trauma as we sit and make fruitless attempts to focus on exam preparation. We sit to study with the knowledge that our brothers and sisters are regularly killed with impunity on borders and streets; we sit to study with the understanding that our brothers and sisters are marching to have our humanity recognized and valued by a system that has continually failed us. We join marches with the looming anxiety that spending our time organizing events and attending rallies could put our studies and positions in the law school community in jeopardy.

Our trauma will be present with us on exam day, our trauma is inhibiting us from sleeping at night, and our trauma is ever-present among the words in our textbooks. Moreover, the violence that the law has done to Mike Brown and now Eric Garner is a legal violence that affects and implicates us all. We are now asked to use the same legal maneuvers and language on our exams this Monday that was used to deny justice to so many Black and Brown bodies. In being asked to prepare for and take our exams in this moment, we are being asked to perform incredible acts of disassociation that have led us to question our place in this school community and the legal community at large.

We write to you not only from a place of love and concern for ourselves, but also from a place of care and concern for our institution. We maintain some semblance of hope that our institution can be better; indeed, if we did not, we would not be so invested as community leaders. However, we know that Columbia Law School will not be better until its faculty and administration centralize the needs of its students of color. Accepting and matriculating students of color is not enough; we must also adopt and continue to reinvent strategies to make us feel at home here.

We feel that the institution we have worked hard to improve is failing us. Administrators at our peer institutions have reached out, unprompted, to students of color to acknowledge the hurt that many of their students are currently experiencing. We have yet to see that sort of response from our school community and it has left us feeling further devalued and isolated. Instead, Columbia's Midnight Pancakes event took place as scheduled while students of color sat in tears and despair in the floor below or marched in the streets of New York City. The strategies currently in place to attract and retain students of color are in dire need of repair.

We need time to process and breathe. We need your support. We need it now.

We expect the following:

· 1. That faculty and administration recognize our trauma as legitimate and worthy of a response

· 2. That students who have been deeply affected by recent events be allowed to postpone exams

· 3. That an emergency event occur on Monday, December 8, 2015 for the administration, faculty, and students to discuss the concerns of students of color in the wake of recent events

We look forward to working with you to continue to make Columbia Law School a more welcoming place for students of color.

Signed,

The Coalition of Affinity Group Student Leaders and Students of Color.

All I can say here is good lord!. I know I am white, and I grew up without having to be black. But I nevertheless can never understand the poit of view in this letter. There are no Jackie Robinsons in this group. Nor are their any Herman Cain's. These two individuals actually had to drink water from black only water fountains and had to listen to "N!GGER" yelled at them as they grew up. Nor are there any Ben Carson's who overcame probably more subtle social discrimination than these folks. Even the law doesn't recognize the trauma for people in the shoes of these students. I would think a LAW SCHOOL would explain a little about emotional distress when one is outside the zone of danger. Enabling the feelings expressed in this communication does not advance the cause of racial harmoney. If this represents the prevailing attitude among all people of color, we are in a worse place than we were when Jackie Robinson suited up for the Dodgers a few miles from Columbia law school. Segregation was legal when he played but we have a greater divide today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT