ADVERTISEMENT

Cat calls, dads of daughters

A

anon_6hv78pr714xta

So I took my daughter and son to lunch at a downtown diner today just to get out in the city.

We had to walk a few blocks from where we parked and some men were checking out my daughter. I gave them dirty looks. She’s 15 1/2. Later she told me she gets cat calls when walking in the city with her friends. Said last week some men were saying things like “hey babe, you know how sexy you are?” Ugh.

Dads, what do you say to your daughters about this? Ignore it? Flip the guy off? Something else?

BTW, I guess there is a scene in the Barbie movie about this with her going up to a construction crew thinking “oh this will be fun!” My daughter saw it and loved it.

So I took my daughter and son to lunch at a downtown diner today just to get out in the city.

We had to walk a few blocks from where we parked and some men were checking out my daughter. I gave them dirty looks. She’s 15 1/2. Later she told me she gets cat calls when walking in the city with her friends. Said last week some men were saying things like “hey babe, you know how sexy you are?” Ugh.

Dads, what do you say to your daughters about this? Ignore it? Flip the guy off? Something else?

BTW, I guess there is a scene in the Barbie movie about this with her going up to a construction crew thinking “oh this will be fun!” My daughter saw it and loved it.
Ignore it. Say something to your daughter later. But she doesn’t want to see you involved in a scene. Last year my daughter said she wanted to take the metro to the mall. Maybe a mile ride from my office. She had never been on it. Some pos cracked out was walking past us in our bay and looked at us and made some remark. “What are you looking at.” Whatever. Looking for trouble. I didn’t say anything but immediately boiled and wanted to say something awful. But she wouldn’t have wanted to be there for that. And who knows maybe I’d have ended up shot.

I think it’s also why these guys get old and carry guns in their pockets

Even though juvenile as hell, it is the male of the species paying a compliment, again in a totally juvenile way. I can't wait until gay dudes start doing it at me. Then the Karens will once again be shut the eff up.
OH, simply look at them with the dad eye, make the cut move across your throat and shake your head NO. Move on. Tell us when she's 18 though. :)

Ignore it. Say something to your daughter later. But she doesn’t want to see you involved in a scene. Last year my daughter said she wanted to take the metro to the mall. Maybe a mile ride from my office. She had never been on it. Some pos cracked out was walking past us in our bay and looked at us and made some remark. “What are you looking at.” Whatever. Looking for trouble. I didn’t say anything but immediately boiled and wanted to say something awful. But she wouldn’t have wanted to be there for that. And who knows maybe I’d have ended up shot.

I think it’s also why these guys get old and carry guns in their pockets
I’m sorry, I meant to ask what should I tell my daughter about how to handle this when she’s alone or with her friends?

I’d ask myself, what would the Texan do? I’d proceed to take out my 6 shooter and put one right between the eyes.

My real advice is move to the burbs.

I would have stopped and said something like, “yes, my daughter is a pretty girl - a 15 year old girl. Think about that the next time a pretty girl walks by.”

Ignore it. Talk to your daughter later. There are so many batshit crazy people out there and many are packing. You wouldn’t believe some of the videos that come up on my Twitter feed all because they couldn’t walk away.

Ignore it. Talk to your daughter later. There are so many batshit crazy people out there and many are packing. You wouldn’t believe some of the videos that come up on my Twitter feed all because they couldn’t walk away.
For sure. At least in bars now you can get a quick look at their ears before mouthing off

Right ignore. I tell my daughter be aware of your surroundings especially if you are by yourself.

I’d ask myself, what would the Texan do? I’d proceed to take out my 6 shooter and put one right between the eyes.

I'm surprised there were not dead or missing Baylor football players down in Texas after that debacle.

I’m sorry, I meant to ask what should I tell my daughter about how to handle this when she’s alone or with her friends?
DAughter, you have been gifted with being a very pretty young lady. Boys and Men are programmed to be attracted, at the infant level of mentality, to what you have been gifted with. It is how the species has survived and it's coded into our brains with most having little ability to temper it. Just understand that it is going to happen, even on a message board and you have been a Sorority mom with friendship volume delusions.
One day, a boy or a girl or an orc will come along and will get past all of that. You will know it when you see it, until then, when they whistle, hold your thumb and pointer finger about an inch apart and present your hand to the whistle brigade. and pump that step as you walk away girl.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Happens in the burbs too. Was working with a female sales rep a few years back. Highland/Munster area. I hopped in her car to carpool to accounts. She got cat called at two different stop lights. I’d never seen that shit and would never do that myself. I asked if she gets that a lot. She said all the time. I responded “that’s some shit… I never get that!”

Happens in the burbs too. Was working with a female sales rep a few years back. Highland/Munster area. I hopped in her car to carpool to accounts. She got cat called at two different stop lights. I’d never seen that shit and would never do that myself. I asked if she gets that a lot. She said all the time. I responded “that’s some shit… I never get that!”
Hot

That’s a funny story. What is the name of your company?

What Would Curt Schilling Do?

He's the gold standard.

I was actually trying to get @BradStevens to move to my suburb…..around spring time of 2026 😗

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark

So, objectively speaking, how hot is she? Where does she fall on the Hot/Crazy Matrix?

Was working with a female sales rep a few years back. Highland/Munster area. I hopped in her car to carpool to accounts. She got cat called at two different stop lights. I’d never seen that shit and would never do that myself.

I drive across 17th Street regularly, and occasionally on 10th down by Eigenmann. I don't hoot or holler or toot the horn or whistle, but I do have days when I get a crick in my neck.

Even though juvenile as hell, it is the male of the species paying a compliment, again in a totally juvenile way. I can't wait until gay dudes start doing it at me. Then the Karens will once again be shut the eff up.
OH, simply look at them with the dad eye, make the cut move across your throat and shake your head NO. Move on. Tell us when she's 18 though. :)
Why you so angry Brad? Are you the beta at home? I get it, but that shouldn’t make you angry, it’s your decision.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Well it became real to me when we went to Florida last year (daughter was 15 and mom finally let her wear a bikini).

Jesus we’re some lecherous f*cks.

However, I distinctly remember being about 19, first summer in college. Working landscaping. Tanned, which moves me from a solid 4/10 to a 5-6/10 (depending on lighting of course). We’d go to this one house for about a week and everyday these two sisters would BRUTALLY tease us by laying out in the grass 20 feet away in bikinis. Job should have taken a day and a half max.

Time to buy her a gun IYAM

Tell her to ignore it but also encourage her to not dress in a way to draw attention to herself (I'm not saying that she does so don't interpret my statement the wrong way). So many guys act like they've never seen a girl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT