ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Smith coming back to IU!

I can’t seem to find anything regarding football that clearly states a player can return once they have declared. You can do an early entry process for NBA and withdraw, but I don’t see anything similar to that for football. Everything I have read in my quick search says that once you declare you forfeit your college eligibility, but there could be an exception clause I’m not finding.

Is anyone else as amused as I am by some of the draft announcements? Dequece Carter??? He wasn’t even a top 3 receiver for a 3 win team and he thinks he’ll get drafted??? 😂😂😂

Especially now with NIL it makes no sense to me that guys are going early. I’d get my education and pull in those NIL dollars if I were DC. I don’t know about Katic or Noah Pierre. Neither of those guys strike me as a clear chance of getting drafted, but they may get picked up for a tryout after the draft. I just don’t get these early draft entries. If they’re unhappy they should transfer and take advantage of the NIL opportunities. They may not make the roster or practice squad even if they get an invite and may earn more off their NIL and college degree.
Me too. If you're not going to get drafted why not stay in school and get some nil money? Is it possible agents are paying these guys to go pro? I don't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT