ADVERTISEMENT

Camper and the kicker Freeman - where did they go in the portal? Also, what happened...

Sampson James hung up his cleats due to medical hardship. He was supposed to have been with IU in some kind of support role this past season but not sure if that happened.

Freeman was one of the early entrants into the portal, a day or two after the Bucket game, which I would take that he wasn’t going to stick around regardless of the new staff.

I did as well, he reminded me of kind of a bruiser back not really a slice and dice Finesse back so to speak. Like Howland

Reactions: vesuvius13
Sampson James hung up his cleats due to medical hardship. He was supposed to have been with IU in some kind of support role this past season but not sure if that happened.

Freeman was one of the early entrants into the portal, a day or two after the Bucket game, which I would take that he wasn’t going to stick around regardless of the new staff.
He is a better soccer player than FB actually. Finance major and Zionsville grad so had grades.

Strange

He is a better soccer player than FB actually. Finance major and Zionsville grad so had grades.

Strange

He went to Avon and he never played soccer that I've heard and I follow high school and club soccer closely... he did run track at Avon.

Reactions: Indymoon
Think you need to check your research.
No, I don't think so...

Again,... Sampson James did not go to Zionsville. He went to Avon...

Success in youth soccer carries way more weight in club ball than HS and if he didn't play at a Premier club level then there's no way he would have been considered a top talent. Again, I don't recall ever hearing his name...ever.

.... and in all the years he was in high school 2106-19 he never made even HM on any of the ISCA All-State Teams... if he actually played.

BTW, boy's HS soccer is always in the Fall at the same time as football so I doubt he played both in HS.

I've followed it closely for many years....

Please save yourself and check his BIO at IU or Allen/Teegardin comments to the media.

You are correct he never was HONORABLE MENTION on any ISCA Soccer team or IFCA Football team.........but please do the research then get back to us.

Please save yourself and check his BIO at IU or Allen/Teegardin comments to the media.

You are correct he never was HONORABLE MENTION on any ISCA Soccer team or IFCA Football team.........but please do the research then get back to us.

Looks like you're the one who needs to check their research...

I have every IU Football Media Guide and after checking his bios from 2019 on there's nothing in any of them that even mentions him playing soccer at Avon or ever playing soccer......zip, zero, nothing...

Try Googling James and soccer on any search engine and you'll finding nothing

Now tell me again how he was a better soccer player than football player..

I might add... WTF would Allen or Teegarden know about soccer anyway.... I'll answer it for ya... nothing.

State some facts and show me these comments

Think we got into a pissing match and were referring to different players. I re-read your comments and you were talking about Sampson James and i was referring to Chris Freeman. If you look at post #13.....you seem to comment on Freeman going to Avon. I missed later posts that clearly show you are talking about James.

Apologize for jumping on even after your later posts clearly referred to James.

BTW: Freeman beat Sampson James' highly ranked team with 2 50+ yd FGs

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry.... okay, now I realize we're not talking about the same person... I'm speaking of Sampson James, no one else, and you must be talking about Freeland...

No wonder I thought you were half crazy!....

Reading the entire thread post by post it's easy to see why we confused each other.....

BTW, my son was on the ISCA 3rd team and played every minute of the three all-star games.... He played club ball with IU's and Zionsville's Harrison Petts and A.J. Corrado... his claim to fame was being the only defenseman to hold mark Westfield's Eric Zavaleta and hold him scoreless in both of their matchups his senior year..... Westfield still won but I was very proud that my son could hold a future MLS player scoreless while he was averaging almost 2 goals per game.

Again, sorry for the confusion on my end. LOL!!

BTW, are you a BD Giant?... I'm an old westsider myself... but not BD.

Last edited:
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry.... okay, now I realize we're not talking about the same person... I'm speaking of Sampson James, no one else, and you must be talking about Freeland...

No wonder I thought you were half crazy!....

Reading the entire thread post by post it's easy to see why we confused each other.....

BTW, my son was on the ISCA 3rd team and played every minute of the three all-star games.... He played club ball with IU's and Zionsville's Harrison Petts and A.J. Corrado... his claim to fame was being the only defenseman to hold mark Westfield's Eric Zavaleta and hold him scoreless in both of their matchups his senior year..... Westfield still won but I was very proud that my son could hold a future MLS player scoreless while he was averaging almost 2 goals per game.

Again, sorry for the confusion on my end. LOL!!

BTW, are you a BD Giant?... I'm an old westsider myself... but not BD.
Harrison was a hell of a player

Reactions: jsenleo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT