ADVERTISEMENT

CA Minimum wage law - Exempt people

Tapped the neighbor's bumper tyring to pull out of our street already. That took about two months. Also, she ran her car into a ditch when her water bottle (i.e. phone) fell on the floor. Which cost me about $400 for a tire and alignment. but no body damage.

So yeah. SHE'S DOING GREAT

Those women drivers…

lady-driver-flag.gif

How does minimum wage in 1980 compare to today in real wages?

What was average middle class income in 1980 and how has it fared since (i.e., has there been wage stagnation for that group)?

What was average CEO-to-regular worker ration in 1980 and what is it today?

How have effective income tax rates changed for, say, top 0.1% since 1980?

How have corporate profits fared since 1980?

What are the impacts of the answers to those questions?

These data points might not tell a singular story, but since you all seem expert on public policy and the impacts of this wage & hour change in California, I'd think you'd have fully fleshed out thoughts on all of this. After all, whether something will be different tomorrow compared to today isn't the only way to look at a law when you at least need to think about how the law today is working and how the various dynamics have evolved over time.
I'm generally sympathetic to the working man, but I don't understand what some of those questions have to do with the complaints. Large corps typically can handle the MW increase--those CEOs you're referencing who make the big money. Small company CEOs not so much. Same goes for "corporate profits." Not all employers are corporations or even large companies. As a small employer, I can tell you that changes like this do affect hiring decisions.

Also, what does avg middle class income have to do with the minimum wage?
A roll of 2" masking tape at Lowes... $8.67 For cheap azz tape.
Was pricing out some raybans this weekend at the Outlet Mall. $256.

Ralph Lauren basic polo shirt (pique cotton mesh): $110. (Though they had 30% off).

So I gotta spend over $350 to sport a popped collar and aviators to riz the baddies? Delulu, boyz, delulu.

How does minimum wage in 1980 compare to today in real wages?

What was average middle class income in 1980 and how has it fared since (i.e., has there been wage stagnation for that group)?

What was average CEO-to-regular worker ration in 1980 and what is it today?

How have effective income tax rates changed for, say, top 0.1% since 1980?

How have corporate profits fared since 1980?

What are the impacts of the answers to those questions?

These data points might not tell a singular story, but since you all seem expert on public policy and the impacts of this wage & hour change in California, I'd think you'd have fully fleshed out thoughts on all of this. After all, whether something will be different tomorrow compared to today isn't the only way to look at a law when you at least need to think about how the law today is working and how the various dynamics have evolved over time.

All fair and Lars addressed most. But how does one feel about the guy that grew up privileged and excelled based on his connections claiming he cares about the everyday worker?

I'm generally sympathetic to the working man, but I don't understand what some of those questions have to do with the complaints. Large corps typically can handle the MW increase--those CEOs you're referencing who make the big money. Small company CEOs not so much. Same goes for "corporate profits." Not all employers are corporations or even large companies. As a small employer, I can tell you that changes like this do affect hiring decisions.

Also, what does avg middle class income have to do with the minimum wage?

Was pricing out some raybans this weekend at the Outlet Mall. $256.

Ralph Lauren basic polo shirt (pique cotton mesh): $110. (Though they had 30% off).

So I gotta spend over $350 to sport a popped collar and aviators to riz the baddies? Delulu, boyz, delulu.
Bought new raybans this weekend. Slightly purple. I’m getting desperate for relevancy. It won’t work.

Also they were $178 which was exactly how much the last pair I bought ten years ago cost. Same style too. Wtf

Who's that?
How do you think Steve Austin became the only civilian test pilot to walk on the moon? Connections, privilege, etc.
Bought new raybans this weekend. Slightly purple. I’m getting desperate for relevancy. It won’t work.

Also they were $178 which was exactly how much the last pair I bought ten years ago cost. Same style too. Wtf
Just found them for $146 on Amazon. Sunglass Hut is price gouging.

Reactions: larsIU
How do you think Steve Austin became the only civilian test pilot to walk on the moon? Connections, privilege, etc.

Just found them for $146 on Amazon. Sunglass Hut is price gouging.

Who would have thought a brick and mortar would charge more then online?

🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
Who would have thought a brick and mortar would charge more then online?

🤣
I had a total old man yelling at clouds moment when I saw the price tag. Was ready to just start ranting and raving in the store.

If I knew how to put photos up on here, I would have taken a pic and uploaded it from there.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

Uh. . . purple?

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The updated Wayfarers?

Have a couple of those myself.
I liked the blue but they were too light. The purple (ish) are ok but both not dark enough and too dark at the same time. I hate the black.

Had tortoise shell years ago but they also got lost. Might be a clear pair (frames not lenses).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT