ADVERTISEMENT

BTN coverage

CrazyHands

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
i find it disappointing and short sighted for the BTN not to have every baseball game of the BIG Tournament live and on the main channel. You would think that every BIG tournament would be covered this way regardless of the sport. After all it is the BIG TEN NETWORK, not the "two year old O$U football game network". Programming current BIG sporting events is way more interesting than suffering through outdated and out of season sporting events. GO HOOSIERS!

The BigTen Network sucks. Always has, looks like it always will. Amatuers from top to bottom.

The BigTen Network sucks. Always has, looks like it always will. Amatuers from top to bottom.
IU gets $8M a year from the Big Ten Network. They can do whatever the hell they want to, as far as I'm concerned. If you call that sucking, I hope they suck worse next year.

IU gets $8M a year from the Big Ten Network. They can do whatever the hell they want to, as far as I'm concerned. If you call that sucking, I hope they suck worse next year.

Good programming and profitability shouldn't be either or.

i find it disappointing and short sighted for the BTN not to have every baseball game of the BIG Tournament live and on the main channel. You would think that every BIG tournament would be covered this way regardless of the sport. After all it is the BIG TEN NETWORK, not the "two year old O$U football game network". Programming current BIG sporting events is way more interesting than suffering through outdated and out of season sporting events. GO HOOSIERS!
I take it you are telling me that our Wednesday 10 am game is not being televised.

I take it you are telling me that our Wednesday 10 am game is not being televised.
It is on BTN Plus, which means you have to pay around $10 for the monthly package and you can watch it on your computer or iPad or iPhone. It appears that there are a total of four tournament games that will be on BTN Plus and the rest of them are on BTN. If IU were to lose their first game, then their second game would also be on BTN Plus. The $10 will only cover games in which IU is playing as that is the "School Package". If for some reason, you want to get all four of the tournament games that are on BTN Plus (2 first round games and first two loser's bracket games), then you would have to pay around $15.

http://www.btn2go.com/packages?type=0

Reactions: The Deej
The Big Ten Network isn't perfect. (Gasp). I don't know of a corporation in the world that is. BTN is, however, a phenomenal American business success story, by any reasonable measure.

Here's the question though......all of the tournament games are available on BTN
The Big Ten Network isn't perfect. (Gasp). I don't know of a corporation in the world that is. BTN is, however, a phenomenal American business success story, by any reasonable measure.

That could easily be better.

The SEC Network shows more baseball in a 2 week span than BTN has showed all season.

I agree. BTN's programining has always been one of my biggest bitches. Even during football season, they replay the same games over and over and over. I know IU v. Illinois might not be the biggest draw, but it's better than seeing tOSU v. Wisconsin (or MSU or PSU or UM) for the 18th time in a week.

I think one of the reasons they are so profitable is that they don't have the expense of sending broadcasters, crews and equipment out to game sites for baseball games which are not as profitable as football games. And when the site is the same for all teams like the BTT, they try to cash in on the extra money by putting some games on BTN2GO.

Reactions: Sope Creek

How does that help separate us from the other B1G schools? Doubt it does. I guess it gives us a leg up on the MAC if that's important to you. And what about the SEC? Seems to me the real reason for the BTN is to line Delaney's pockets. The dude got a helluva raise this year.

I agree…..very, very disappointing. I just don't understand how you can have a channel devoted entirely to the Big Ten conference, and not televise every game on what is supposed to be a great event for (arguably) the 3rd most popular sport…..the tournament. And when I was trying to set my DVR up a few days ago and saw they were showing a replay of some Minn-MSU game instead, i did see the SEC a few lines down showing college baseball. I don't get it.

Yeah, like if they televise every game of the baseball tournament, we wouldn't get that same amount. Uh….okay….

There's a lot to like about BTN but they drop the ball when it comes to showing enough live events. I can't imagine that they wouldn't get more people to watch the baseball championship rather than a replay of women's golf, even at 10 o'clock in the morning. What people are going to watch should be the driver of programming but it doesn't seem to be. BTN was a revolutionary idea but they are quickly being passed by better operations.

Totally agree what else does the B1G network have to do than show live coverage of one of the major sports? They have women's golf on right now. Smh if they can't cost justify televising games at 10am then move the start times to the afternoon and change the format. This is ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT