ADVERTISEMENT

Biden will select his VP nominee soon. Who do you favor?

Who do you favor for Biden's VP?

• Kamala Harris

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Susan Rice

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Karen Bass

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Val Demmings

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Keisha Lance Bottoms

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Stacey Abrams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Circlejoe

All-Big Ten
Sep 26, 2001
Reports are that Joe is down to two candidates, Susan Rice and Kamala Harris. We should know the pick within a week or so. I'm good with either Rice or Harris, although I prefer Rice in terms of experience and administrative knowledge.

Reactions: cosmickid
it's going to be Rice or Harris, probably Rice, and it isn't Biden's pick to make.

Rice or Harris will be picked by those who picked Biden, and for the same reason they picked Biden..

and that reason has zero to do with winning, as those doing the picking could care less if Dem win. (if they did, they wouldn't have picked Biden).

only that they own both the prez and VP, if/when Dems do win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It will be Rice IMO. The problem is that she's a pathological liar and she was born and raised in DC her whole life. Biden has been in Washington since the Lincoln administration. That won't play well in PA, MI, OH, WI, etc.

Kamala is almost more unlikable than Hillary.

Whoever it is, they need to develop a path forward on social justice issues. Improving majority Black schools shoule be at the top of the list. A plan, any serious plan, is a path to the White House.

Reactions: MaxCoke
It will be Rice IMO. The problem is that she's a pathological liar and she was born and raised in DC her whole life. Biden has been in Washington since the Lincoln administration. That won't play well in PA, MI, OH, WI, etc.

I shouldn't respond given the stupid post, but you clearly have no idea where this election is headed. The VP pick will have little negative effect on the November election. The nomination of an experienced woman will bode well for the Democrats. Michigan and Pennsylvania are already lost for Trump.

I’m with you on Harris. Not a fan.

Who would like Trump more than Kamala? The man bragged about walking into a teenage beauty pageant dressing room. What has Kamala done to compare with that

Reactions: Bill4411
Who would like Trump more than Kamala? The man bragged about walking into a teenage beauty pageant dressing room. What has Kamala done to compare with that

A lot of people absolutely love Trump. Fact. Also fact. A lot of people absolutely despise him. However, no one likes Kamala.

And the things people like Bubba, JFK, and murdering Ted Kennedy did to women were a million times worse than anything Trump has likely done. But I know. That's different.

Reports are that Joe is down to two candidates, Susan Rice and Kamala Harris. We should know the pick within a week or so. I'm good with either Rice or Harris, although I prefer Rice in terms of experience and administrative knowledge.
Needs to be Harris, with Rice at State or NSC. Rice isn't political, and we need a political animal to be the heir apparent.

If he goes with Rice, then Harris needs to be offered AG if she wants it. She might pass. A 2024 run might be better for her out of the Senate.

A lot of people absolutely love Trump. Fact. Also fact. A lot of people absolutely despise him. However, no one likes Kamala.

And the things people like Bubba, JFK, and murdering Ted Kennedy did to women were a million times worse than anything Trump has likely done. But I know. That's different.

I'm fine with Kamala. She seems like a decent, competent, and successful person.

As far as your second paragraph, times are changing for the better. Joe's had his moments, but Trump is a dinosaur socially.

Smart move. It will help pull in some of Trump's 2016 supporters.

You finding a Democrat woman being unlikeable? No way.

Klobachar was very likeable. I could've maybe voted for her if I was assured the Republicans would hold the Senate. I have no idea why you guys didn't nominate her. You'd have the WH in the bag. She's Hillary except she's likeable, honest, and not a criminal.

Klobachar was very likeable. I could've maybe voted for her if I was assured the Republicans would hold the Senate. I have no idea why you guys didn't nominate her. You'd have the WH in the bag. She's Hillary except she's likeable, honest, and not a criminal.
No, she's not. Their backgrounds and experiences are totally different. The only thing they have in common is their sex.

I'm fine with Kamala. She seems like a decent, competent, and successful person.

As far as your second paragraph, times are changing for the better. Joe's had his moments, but Trump is a dinosaur socially.
Yeah I don’t mind her either.

Reactions: hoosboot
Hello, McFly! You express standards, but how can you seriously put Trump’s name in front of that description?

Trump represents my interests. Biden and the Dems don't. It's pretty simple. It's why you lefties vote for people like the Clintons and Kennedys even though they are probably more deplorable than Trump.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Trump represents my interests. Biden and the Dems don't. It's pretty simple. It's why you lefties vote for people like the Clintons and Kennedys even though they are probably more deplorable than Trump.
So you're a racist, a misogynist, and a homophobe. Approve of lying, are anti fact and anti science. Quite possibly an incel, most likely sexual/social dysfunctional. Most definitely white, poor, and probably overweight and undereducated. Lack intelligence and live in fear of everything and anything you don't understand..... which is a lot. .

Why? Life is better not being any of those things

Last edited:
Assuming Biden is elected he will only be a one-term president. And then there's a question if he will still make it through four years while keeping his health. The VP will have the inside track for the presidential nomination in 2024. And that's if they don't assume the presidency sooner. So forget about who's going to bring in essentially one or two more states. The question will be who will be the better Presidential nominee next time around.

Reactions: glmiu11

You don't think NATIVE Pennsylvanian Biden will play well in PA? So in any of those states, people never re-elect "career politicians"? LOL...

He may not win OH- it's been trending GOP for the past 8 yrs. But Biden is far more popular in MI, WI, and PA than Hillary was, and she only lost all 3 combined by less than 80,000. About the size of a smaller NFL crowd...

I guess never say never... But Trump's numbers are so bad that it's going to be very hard for the GOP to hold the Senate. Forget the bluster coming from Team Trump. Look at where they are spending ad money, and notice how GOP incumbent Senators in places like Iowa, NC, and even AZ refrain from even mentioning Trump in their campaign ads.

If they felt Trump would help them win, they'd be singing his praises and touting their votes to keep the Senate from finding him guilty during his trial. NONE of them are even mentioning those issues. Trump is toxic everywhere except for deep RED Trump states, and I still feel the combination of Trump and Kemp will result in the Dems winning at least 1 of the 2 GA Senate seats up for grabs...

I guess never say never... But Trump's numbers are so bad that it's going to be very hard for the GOP to hold the Senate. Forget the bluster coming from Team Trump. Look at where they are spending ad money, and notice how GOP incumbent Senators in places like Iowa, NC, and even AZ refrain from even mentioning Trump in their campaign ads.

If they felt Trump would help them win, they'd be singing his praises and touting their votes to keep the Senate from finding him guilty during his trial. NONE of them are even mentioning those issues. Trump is toxic everywhere except for deep RED Trump states, and I still feel the combination of Trump and Kemp will result in the Dems winning at least 1 of the 2 GA Senate seats up for grabs...
They will start distancing themselves from him around Labor Day.

You don't think NATIVE Pennsylvanian Biden will play well in PA? So in any of those states, people never re-elect "career politicians"? LOL...

He may not win OH- it's been trending GOP for the past 8 yrs. But Biden is far more popular in MI, WI, and PA than Hillary was, and she only lost all 3 combined by less than 80,000. About the size of a smaller NFL crowd...
80,000 would be a large NFL stadium. Only four are 80,000 or more, and most are in the 60Ks. Just saying.

Your point about the small combined margin in those states is correct though.

Reactions: MaxCoke
Consistent with my naive compulsion to reach across the aisle my choice would be Republican Governor of Maryland Larry Hogan.

He is smart and a down to earth style guy which should appeal to working class white voters who might have thought Trump was out to help them in 2016.

Reactions: glmiu11

You wouldn't have voted for her in a million years. As soon as she was named a frontrunner, you'd have been talking about her "anger problems" and how she was a "crazy liberal". Own that you like Trump and stop with the silliness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT