ADVERTISEMENT

Biden forgives $10,000 of student loan debt for millions of debtors

Yeah, they do an annual check when they enter college. I would hope some parents know they’re not going to qualify by that time.
Great to know they fixed it. Bad deal if parents aren’t updated on the changes.

So, would you say that because some people misused it, 21st Century Scholar was a bad program?

It’s a bad program if they don’t fix a gaping loophole.

I know kids who got the help that needed it. It was a great program for them.

That's where things get screwed up. They come up with good programs that work well for the vast majority of people, but there's always the undeserving few that game the system and they get all the publicity. So they go back and try and tighten things up and plug the holes and before long the whole program becomes so unwieldy that the benefits get lost. Sometimes you just have to accept that a few assholes are going to make out that shouldn't have.

Reactions: Cortez88
That's where things get screwed up. They come up with good programs that work well for the vast majority of people, but there's always the undeserving few that game the system and they get all the publicity. So they go back and try and tighten things up and plug the holes and before long the whole program becomes so unwieldy that the benefits get lost. Sometimes you just have to accept that a few assholes are going to make out that shouldn't have.
Reverifying income every year doesn’t burden the program. All it takes is a copy of their return.

Reverifying income every year doesn’t burden the program. All it takes is a copy of their return.

I should have been clearer, I was talking in broad general terms about what happens to so many of the programs that start out with so much promise and end up being turned into crap. I wasn't referring to this program in particular.

Reactions: stollcpa
You can always follow so many others down to the great state of florida. The FREE state of florida. no income tax. your house is your castle and not subject to court recovery. the reps have your back. if the feds come calling the reps are locked and loaded. cars still sound like cars. by god they pump gas right off the coast of siesta key. and it's your damn car. if it starts, drive it dammit! there's no state inspections. no emissions bullshit. if you've got a 70s hoopdie that won't pass inspection roll back the clock in florida and drive that bitch!
I don’t want to know what’s going on in the alternate universe where DeSantis lost in 2018. Just shows you how consequential that narrow election was

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

1. How does he have the power to do this? Under what law or Constitutional provision?

2. Isn't he just buying the votes of rich suburbanites (with taxpayer money) to the detriment of the working class?

turns out the answer is no

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
JUST in time for mid terms counting to almost be over, 3 days after the election.
But how do you figure that being planned given that dems are not the ones responsible for trying to derail it?

Or are you implying both parties are secretly working together? Although figuring out why the gop would give the assist would be difficult to explain

But how do you figure that being planned given that dems are not the ones responsible for trying to derail it?

Or are you implying both parties are secretly working together? Although figuring out why the gop would give the assist would be difficult to explain
I stated nothing but facts. right?

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
I stated nothing but facts. right?
You have stated very little other than leaving the implication that dems somehow orchestrated this to help them with the midterms and nothing else.

But that implication doesn't hold water.

If that wasn't what you attempted to imply then feel free to clarify.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

perhaps i'm wrong, but i got the impression Joe Hoopsier was referring to the judge waiting till just after the election to make that ruling, so the ruling wouldn't hurt Pubs in the election.

As it should be. The Republicans should have loudly condemned this program across the country. The deadbeats may have loved it, but the taxpayers on the hook for bailing them out don’t love it. And it’s clearly unconstitutional.
Yeah they are just going through the motions at this point. If Biden wanted that he needed to get his Congressional partners to pass it. There is no way this Supreme Court is going to let that fly.

Reactions: DANC
Yeah they are just going through the motions at this point. If Biden wanted that he needed to get his Congressional partners to pass it. There is no way this Supreme Court is going to let that fly.
I do wonder. Is Biden doing all this extra-constitutional stuff as simple virtue signaling because he knows SOCTUS will knock it down? Eviction moratoriums, vaccine mandates, loan forgiveness?

What if we had 6 Sotomayor's on the court? Would we just be a failed government with no checks and balances? Or would Biden reel it in?

I do wonder. Is Biden doing all this extra-constitutional stuff as simple virtue signaling because he knows SOCTUS will knock it down? Eviction moratoriums, vaccine mandates, loan forgiveness?

What if we had 6 Sotomayor's on the court? Would we just be a failed government with no checks and balances? Or would Biden reel it in?
Failed government is my vote.

No way Congresspeople would support that and then go home and face the voters.

Once you make a majority of the people poor, giving the poor free money has a bigger impact.
True, but the subset of people who still owe money on college loans is miniscule compared to the groups who have paid off their loans or didn't go to college.

Just to be clear, I make 6 figures as well...if you include the decimal point.
Most of us here are probably better off than the average American due to the college degrees. It is a hard sell to tell someone making $20 an hour that they need to bail us out, ya know.

That will end up being one of those pesky unintended consequences DC (read Pennsylvania ave) are well known for. People's payment can be super low, but you never get it paid off.
STOP helping Dem's, you are killing us.
Guess who said this today ..... Tim Scott, that's who.. Me and Trump just keep getting sh@t right !

• Haha
Reactions: td75 and IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT