ADVERTISEMENT

Bannon charges

Stuffshot

Hall of Famer
Feb 20, 2008
Steve Bannon was indicted on two counts of contempt of Congress, 2 USC 192:

Apparently, the penalty for each count is only a maximum fine of $1,000 and a maximum sentence of one year in jail.

I found nothing yet that says the court can order a convicted defendant to comply with the subpoenas that led to the charges.

Furthermore, these charges are hardly ever successful or even filed -- the last conviction for such charges was, wait for it, G. Gordon Liddy in 1974:

Liddy received a suspended six-month sentence for each count and apparently refused to ever testify about his role in Watergate, despite his conviction.

There just are not enough teeth in this statute, and Bannon will drag this out for months. It will be surprising if Bannon ever testifies or coughs up documents from these subpoenas, unless other charges are added.

Apparently, the penalty for each count is only a maximum fine of $1,000 and a maximum sentence of one year in jail.

I found nothing yet that says the court can order a convicted defendant to comply with the subpoenas that led to the charges.

Furthermore, these charges are hardly ever successful or even filed -- the last conviction for such charges was, wait for it, G. Gordon Liddy in 1974:

Liddy received a suspended six-month sentence for each count and apparently refused to ever testify about his role in Watergate, despite his conviction.

There just are not enough teeth in this statute, and Bannon will drag this out for months. It will be surprising if Bannon ever testifies or coughs up documents from these subpoenas, unless other charges are added.
The Dimcrap lefties in Congress will Nadler their pants when Bannon gets started.
They don't dare to actually give him the forum.
I wish they would.

The Dimcrap lefties in Congress will Nadler their pants when Bannon gets started.
I wish they would.

I'm sure Bannon would be welcome any time to testify under oath...looks like Bannon is scared of the truth.

Maybe the US Department of Wet Puppy Relief and Pothole Repair could help.

But no matter what, state and local police should be disbanded in favor of Congress doing EVERYTHING and punishing people of the opposing party without checks or balances. THAT makes for good government. Otherwise, Ms. Lincoln might but too many place settings.

Reactions: stollcpa
Maybe the US Department of Wet Puppy Relief and Pothole Repair could help.

But no matter what, state and local police should be disbanded in favor of Congress doing EVERYTHING and punishing people of the opposing party without checks or balances. THAT makes for good government. Otherwise, Ms. Lincoln might but too many place settings.

It would help if the party would take out their own trash instead of looking the other way ;)

I wish they would.
If Bannon were truly so scary, he wouldn't look so much like Rob Ryan

That look has already been taken.

Bannon was not part of the administration, so this executive privilege argument is utter nonsense, and GOP can't really do anything to control him.

They certainly could try to control nutjobs like Gozart, Bobert, and MTG though. And yes, the Dems did criticize and force apologies/clarifications from Talib when she said nutjob things.

Can anyone explain to me how Twitter allows Liz Harrington to be Trump's Twitter account by proxy? If he's banned, how can she not be, since she serves as his conduit to Twitter?
Just don't read them puss..

Move on to other accounts...

Deserved. Now Congress should hold Garland in contempt for not releasing the Biden tapes.

This is another example of the Democrat party justice system.
Or is it another example of all the corruption in the GOP, the party of Trump, and his cronies? That seems to be the case. Do the crime, do the time.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Maybe because they haven't done anything that would put them in jail.

Although I thought hunter still had pending charges
the-money-pit-the-money-pit-movie.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT