ADVERTISEMENT

Ark vs IU: Razorbacks win 5-2...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
IU is the home team and trails 1-0 in the B2nd. Modugno has given up 2 hits with a walk and 1 earned run. He's at 36 pitches thru 2 innings.

Reactions: Irregulars
Modugno has pitched two scoreless innings since the 1st and has avoided any jams in those innings. IU batting in the 3rd.

Reactions: Irregulars
Given the location of the game, there are a few Razorback fans there and they are yelling sooey pig between innings. Here's hoping the Arkansas players get sloppy since pigs like slop.

Last edited:
IU missed out on a big scoring opportunity in the 3rd. A hit, a SAC bunt, and a passed ball put Pyne on 3rd with one out, but Doanes grounded out to the pitcher and Glasser struck out to end the inning.

In the 4th, and with one out, Ark doubled and then tripled off the wall scoring a run, then Modugno walked a batter to put them on the corners with one out. Modugno then hit a batter to load them with one out. On a fielder's choice, IU threw the runner out at home for the second out, preventing a run from scoring, but with the bases still loaded, Modugno walked in a run to make it 3-0. In what should have been the 3rd out, Fougerousse bobbled the ball at first on a pitch from Modugno on a grounder and the batter was ruled safe driving in another run. IU hurt themselves on the last two runs.

In the 5th, Fougerousse led off with a K, but then Colopy tripled to right field and then Pyne doubled to right field to drive in Colopy for IU's first run. Doanes walked to put runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs, but Glasser struck out to end the inning with IU down 4-1.

Grant Holderfield replaced Modugno in the 6th, and he retired them in order with IU up in the bottom of the inning.

Last edited:
In the 6th, Whalen singled on a close play at 1st on an infield hit, Ellis struck out with Whalen stealing 2nd on the K with one out. Tibbetts struck out for the 2nd out and frosh Carter Mathison pinch hit for Fourgerouse and flied out to end the inning with a runner on 2nd. T7th and it's still 4-1.

Top of the 7th, Ark doubled down the rf line, and then the runner advanced to 3rd on a passed ball, and scored on a single for an unearned run, making it 5-1. A walk put runners on 1st and 2nd with one out, but IU got the final two outs with no further damage.

Arkansas went to the bullpen in the 7th, and IU came up empty. Arkansas batting in the T8th with Bradley Brehmer replacing Holderfield on the mound.

Ark left men on 2nd and 3rd with no damage done with IU batting in the 8th.

In the 8th, IU had men on 1st and 2nd with one out, but Ellis struck out and and then a fielding error scored an unearned run for IU. Mathison struck out to end the inning. A clutch hit there would have been big. Ark batting in the 9th with IU down 5-2.

Brehmer retired the order in the 9th and it's do or die for IU in the 9th

IU went down in order with two strikeouts and a ground out to end the game. IU played a better team than Clemson, at least the early rankings say that, and their play was not nearly as bad as the first two games with Clemson, so there is hope there. IU gave up two runs today on mistakes, but Arkansas didn't run away from them.

I listened to a couple innings until the walk in run that airmailed the catcher. The bobbled ball at first and other unforced errors just makes me not want to listen (or watch - for $29/month).

I’m pretty surprised it ended 5-2. Seems like the same things over and over. Poor fundamentals and lack of clutch hitting. Pitching hasn’t been overly clutch either.

Can we salvage anything this weekend? BTW Ptrich, I admire your ability to hang in there thru thick and mostly thin.

Reactions: ptrich and Seyton
I listened to a couple innings until the walk in run that airmailed the catcher. The bobbled ball at first and other unforced errors just makes me not want to listen (or watch - for $29/month).

I’m pretty surprised it ended 5-2. Seems like the same things over and over. Poor fundamentals and lack of clutch hitting. Pitching hasn’t been overly clutch either.

Can we salvage anything this weekend? BTW Ptrich, I admire your ability to hang in there thru thick and mostly thin.
I didn't see the action and caught just the audio description of it, but it didn't sound quite as bad as some of the keystone cops action in the Clemson game. We had chances in the latter part of the game to tie or even take the lead, but just didn't get it done.

Reactions: Seyton and mk24
I would have considered the subscription with Flo Sports to watch the IU games, but the charge is $30 for a month and you only get to watch one sport with it. It would seem for that charge should allow people to watch the full package.
I only subscribe for BTN+ for $10 a month and ESPN+ for $6 a month, and I feel those are worth it. If FLO was that price I would have gone ahead, although the weather may be iffy for the weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: ptrich and mk24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT