ADVERTISEMENT

Any preference for IU's next apparel contract?

HoosierFB

Freshman
Sep 3, 2010
I ask because one of our current commits tweeted out tonight that he wished IU wore Nike. Our current apparel contract with Adidas runs through the '15-16 season, so at least 2 more seasons. I don't feel like our current uniforms are lacking by any means, but I do find it interesting that all four teams in the playoff are Nike schools. Now this is partly due to the sheer number of schools contracted with Nike, but when 10 of the top 11 schools in the Dec 7 FBS rankings wear
Nike you have to wonder if it might have some impact on recruiting. Not all of these schools wear radical uniforms, Alabama has maintained their traditional look and as has Ohio State except for a few occasions when they wear Pro Combat uniforms.
So what are everyone's thoughts on a potential change to another apparel provider in the future? If IU were to choose Nike, would you be in favor of switching the crimson to something a little closer to what Oklahoma wears? Would all sports need to sport the same shade of crimson for consistency sake? If that's the case then IUFB colors will always be dictated by the IUBB jerseys. Would you be opposed to having alternate uniforms?

Not an incredibly important topic, but I imagine negotiations are near and recruiting will be quiet for another week, so something to talk about.

This post was edited on 12/29 9:18 AM by HoosierFB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News