ADVERTISEMENT

Any interest in a pinned whiskey thread?

Cortez88

All-Big Ten
Jan 7, 2017
Some whiskey talk in another thread sparked the idea. Using whiskey generically to include the scotch and Tennessee varieties.

I’ll start with my weekend sipper. Heaven Hill bottled in bond 7 year. Probably a bit overpriced at $47, but I got it during a 25% off sale. Very tasty and easy drinking even with the proof. Won’t blow you away but you can pour a glass for anyone and they will like it. It’s a new one here on central Indiana shelves. Not sure I’d pay full price, but I’ll buy it on special.

Some whiskey talk in another thread sparked the idea. Using whiskey generically to include the scotch and Tennessee varieties.

I’ll start with my weekend sipper. Heaven Hill bottled in bond 7 year. Probably a bit overpriced at $47, but I got it during a 25% off sale. Very tasty and easy drinking even with the proof. Won’t blow you away but you can pour a glass for anyone and they will like it. It’s a new one here on central Indiana shelves. Not sure I’d pay full price, but I’ll buy it on special.
Get in line. I’m trying to get the Dream Team thread pinned.

Except for a bloody Mary or Margarita, I stuck pretty much to beer and wine.

But I do cook with bourbon and rum. Bourbon especially makes a great add in to all kinds of dishes and baked goods. Bourbon and fats go together, so I put it on salmon, and add it to stir fry with oil or butter. I put it pancakes, breads etc, but reduce it first. Rum cooked with sugar and vanilla makes a great topper for fruit, ice cream, plain cake, etc.

Reactions: aajohn2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT