ADVERTISEMENT

Allen's Buyout / Coaching Hot Board

He was getting pushed out no matter how much you ridiculously try to argue otherwise. Your folksy babble and empty cliches only underscore your ignorance as yet another poster who badly missed on this season and looks foolish as a result. You're nothing but a paper tiger with worn out colloquialisms and no insight whatsoever.

I accept your surrender.

You may keep your mule and your sidearm.

Would you link that post predicting 6-6? I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding it! You're fooling no one. That you can only focus on one position shows how little you know. You're embarrassing yourself by posting here.

I'm sure you will have no issues whatsoever providing this board with:

1. Links providing evidence that scholarship offers were pulled.
2. Proof that DeBord was being fired (and, no, the opinion your niece in Chattanooga doesn't count).

Again, your vague generalities have proven you the fraud that you are.

You set yourself up.

It was widely acknowledged that he was pushed out at UT. If you weren't aware of that, maybe you should follow the sport more closely than you obviously do. At any rate, no need to blame me for your ignorance.
Tennessee has fired there way to the bottom.

He was getting pushed out no matter how much you ridiculously try to argue otherwise. Your folksy babble and empty cliches only underscore your ignorance as yet another poster who badly missed on this season and looks foolish as a result. You offered nothing of substance to prove he wasn't pushed out while also attributing things to me I never said. That makes you look even less informed, which seems to be an overwhelming trend for you. You're nothing but a paper tiger with worn out colloquialisms and no insight whatsoever.
Who cares if those people pushed him out. They have fired there way to the bottom.

I'm sure you will have no issues whatsoever providing this board with:

1. Links providing evidence that scholarship offers were pulled.
2. Proof that DeBord was being fired (and, no, the opinion your niece in Chattanooga doesn't count).

Again, your vague generalities have proven you the fraud that you are.

You set yourself up.
Why are continuing to demonstrate your ignorance here? We all get it . . . You're a complete fool. No need to keep showing us. Did you find that 6-6 post yet? Lol

Why are continuing to demonstrate your ignorance here? We all get it . . . You're a complete fool. No need to keep showing us. Did you find that 6-6 post yet? Lol

Ord has proven once again his superior coaching knowledge. That's why he's on an internet message board, getting paid the big bucks to blather in his pseudo coach-speak. Nothing more than another internet warrior with a big opinion of himself.

Reactions: DANC
I see once again that the mods on here won't do their job and ban this idiot who they allow o keep coming back and ruining this board. We all should just put him on ignore and maybe he will go away when he doesn't get the attention that he starves. I ignored his last name but could still the peoples response to his post so it did no good putting him on ignore.

Reactions: JohnsyRick

Oh. Lucy. We apologize. We forgot you were there. You may go now.

drawn-wyatt-earp-animated-4.gif

Reactions: Crimson Crush
I
This coach didn't do any of that. If we had won 2 games the last few years no one would care. But to take this huge step back is a shame. And it's only going to get worse when we lose all these starters.
We took a step back with a 5-6 record instead of 6-7??.No team that only wins half its games deserves a bowl invite. Where did we take a step back in the program? We didn't move forward but we didn't move back.

I

We took a step back with a 5-6 record instead of 6-7??.No team that only wins half its games deserves a bowl invite. Where did we take a step back in the program? We didn't move forward but we didn't move back.
Or is 6-7 a successful season?

I

How do you not take a step back when you make a bowl 2 straight years then miss one this year? Making a bowl is huge for program visibility and increased practice/player development. It couldn't matter less whether or not you think 6-6 teams deserve to make a bowl. The only thing that matters is whether you get that experience or not, period.

Not to mention our 4 year winning streak over Purdue was snapped.

I'm not saying we can't turn it around but we just took a step backwards after several steps forward.

Reactions: IUgradman
I

Let this stupid thread die. Please.

10 years? I'm not giving anyone 10 years. I'll give him 3 since he's proven himself as a HC and was selected after a national search. Archie and Allen couldn't have more opposite backgrounds.

Yes they do and you are also comparing a program who has 5 national championships to one who has the highest losing percentage in football.

Personally I hope CTA continues to build on what CKW started. IMO I think we were about as good as we were going to be under CKW. That is not to say I the CTA is going to be a great success but I do hope he becomes one.

Yes they do and you are also comparing a program who has 5 national championships to one who has the highest losing percentage in football.

Personally I hope CTA continues to build on what CKW started. IMO I think we were about as good as we were going to be under CKW. That is not to say I the CTA is going to be a great success but I do hope he becomes one.
Of course they will be judged by different standards as they should be. CTA had a disaster year 1 by any measure. Let's hope he turns it around next year.

Jury is still out on AM's first year.

Of course they will be judged by different standards as they should be. CTA had a disaster year 1 by any measure. Let's hope he turns it around next year.

You think Coach Allen had a disaster?

Leave the ball, will ya George?

So losing to Michigan in overtime was a disaster? And the same with the game against Michigan State?

I would say the results were disappointing but certainly not a disaster.

When you have the Big4 we play ever year in our side of the conference and you add Wisconsin as a cross over game there was very little margin for error.

Had a change not been made what do you think CKWs record would have been this past year?

In the end you might be right about having a HS Coach and we may be looking for another coach sooner than we like.

I think if CTA can build on the improved recruiting that CKW brought with him CTA will have "success" here and one of the nice things about CTA is it will be less likely he is looking to "move into the next place" once he has that success.

I would say the results were disappointing but certainly not a disaster.

When you have the Big4 we play ever year in our side of the conference and you add Wisconsin as a cross over game there was very little margin for error.

Had a change not been made what do you think CKWs record would have been this past year?

In the end you might be right about having a HS Coach and we may be looking for another coach sooner than we like.

I think if CTA can build on the improved recruiting that CKW brought with him CTA will have "success" here and one of the nice things about CTA is it will be less likely he is looking to "move into the next place" once he has that success.
Wilson would've won 6-7 I believe. The Maryland and Purdue losses were inexcusable IMO. Especially with Maryland on their 3rd string QB. We had the far superior roster in both of those games.

How was last year a disaster since it was only one game worse than the previous year under your coach.

How was last year a disaster since it was only one game worse than the previous year under your coach.
It's pretty simple. Back to back bowl appearances compared to missing one this year.

Also ending our 4 year win streak over Purdue.

After returning 16 starters. It's not like we were starting a whole new roster.

You can make all the excuses you want but the momentum we had took a big hit this year. I'm not saying it can't be reversed but we took a big step back this year. Momentum is everything in college sports.

It's pretty simple. Back to back bowl appearances compared to missing one this year.

You can make all the excuses you want but the momentum we had took a big hit this year. I'm not saying it can't be reversed but we took a big step back this year. Momentum is everything in college sports.
If you are disappointed, fine. You understand that we aren’t firing the staff, right? There is zero point in continuing this thread. There is zero point in suggesting coaching candidates. It’s stupid and pointless because it’s not happening.

If you are disappointed, fine. You understand that we aren’t firing the staff, right? There is zero point in continuing this thread. There is zero point in suggesting coaching candidates. It’s stupid and pointless because it’s not happening.
Your funny

I want to see what Allen can produce with a normal schedule. Let's face it, this year's schedule killed this team. You can not and you will not build a winning program with the schedule that Indiana played this year.

The Maryland loss looks more and more like a loss that was incurred because of a whacked out schedule. Those kids were shot to hell entering that game and the painful loss was a result. I think the 2018 schedule is spread out much, much better and it will possibly allow for momentum to be built.

Reactions: DANC
I understand it's not happening this year. But I'll tell you I heard the same thing about Crean for years. "He's not going anywhere. It's pointless. Just accept it" and that mindset is a cancer to a program.

It takes fans and in Crean's case a couple members of the BoT to force the AD's hand sometimes. The fans shouldn't be quiet about this.

I want to see what Allen can produce with a normal schedule. Let's face it, this year's schedule killed this team. You can not and you will not build a winning program with the schedule that Indiana played this year.

The Maryland loss looks more and more like a loss that was incurred because of a whacked out schedule. Those kids were shot to hell entering that game and the painful loss was a result. I think the 2018 schedule is spread out much, much better and it will possibly allow for momentum to be built.
You won't build a winning program on excuses and lack of accountability either.

The fans shouldn't be quiet about this.
Shouldn't be quiet about what? A coach going 5-7 in his first season? If I were you, dude, I'd give up this ridiculous crusade if you want to hold onto whatever shred of credibility you might have left.

Shouldn't be quiet about what? A coach going 5-7 in his first season? If I were you, dude, I'd give up this ridiculous crusade if you want to hold onto whatever shred of credibility you might have left.
It's not a crusade. It's an opinion on a message board. It's ok to have differing opinions.

You’re one of those folks who thinks that IU can build a football program if they really want to by firing the coach every three years until they win. That proves the “want” and assures the winning.

Pretty simple.

Just “want it” and don’t accept losing, because you think that’s how Alabama became Alabama - they just “wanted it” properly and fired mediocre coaches.

Pretty simple.

Advertise a job. Open the mail. Pick a coach from the Hall of Fame resumes you got. Hire the best at any price necessary. Then tell the ungood players “no” and play the great players.

Pretty simple.

Want.
Fire.
Magic.

You’re one of those folks who thinks that IU can build a football program if they really want to by firing the coach every three years until they win. That proves the “want” and assures the winning.

Pretty simple.

Just “want it” and don’t accept losing, because you think that’s how Alabama became Alabama - they just “wanted it” properly and fired mediocre coaches.

Pretty simple.

Advertise a job. Open the mail. Pick a coach from the Hall of Fame resumes you got. Hire the best at any price necessary. Then tell the ungood players “no” and play the great players.

Pretty simple.

Want.
Fire.
Magic.

Pretty simple.

Pretty simple.

Pretty simple.

Want.
Fire.
Magic.

Reactions: JohnsyRick

Pretty simple.

Pretty simple.

Pretty simple.

Want.
Fire.
Magic.

See what Purdue did with Brohm. Kind of blows up your argument doesn't it?

People who think it's impossible for IU to hire a good quality FB coach need to step outside their IU bubble for a little bit.

I understand it's not happening this year. But I'll tell you I heard the same thing about Crean for years. "He's not going anywhere. It's pointless. Just accept it" and that mindset is a cancer to a program.

It takes fans and in Crean's case a couple members of the BoT to force the AD's hand sometimes. The fans shouldn't be quiet about this.
Be quiet about what? The program is stable, recruiting well, has good facilities, and was four points away from having pretty much an identical season to the previous two years. Do I want to get better? Yes. But quit freaking out and acting like this is some low point for a horrific program, because it’s not. Also, quit acting like you’re some huge agent for change. Shut up and enjoy the off-season.

Again, be quiet about what? It was his first year. If you want to waste all your time pestering the athletic department about coaching changes that aren’t happening, be my guest. I have better things to do. This stuff is supposed to be fun.

Reactions: IUXC68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT