ADVERTISEMENT

A really fair take from Bill Maher - and I get he's become polarizing but I don't see how any objective person can't see what he sees

trump and all his bs vs a progressive menu. don't hate anyone who votes either way. as i said i think bill sums up where we are perfectly
He's a miserable little man with a Napoleon complex who isn't very funny. He frequently treats his guests and even his audience disrespectfully and even with contempt. I once attended the show in LA when it was actually in real time (it's taped now). Unlike other late night hosts (I've seen several in person), he doesn't come out before the show starts and he otherwise makes little effort to connect with the audience. There's virtually no rapport.

He's a member of the WGA (Writers Guild of America) yet was actually planning to resume his show during the WGA strike (despite the fact that he employs WGA writers) until he faced enormous blowback and decided to keep the set dark. A couple of months ago, he fired his longtime CAA (Creative Artists Agency) agents after little Billy's feewings were hurt when he wasn't invited to CAA's A-list house party during Oscars week. A few nights later, his "New Rules" editorial was about how he hates it when people whine about the small things in life.

I wouldn't cross the street to see him again, I've stopped watching his show, and I couldn't care less what he thinks about anything.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
He's a miserable little man with a Napoleon complex who isn't very funny. He frequently treats his guests and even his audience disrespectfully and even with contempt. I once attended the show in LA when it was actually in real time (it's taped now). Unlike other late night hosts (I've seen several in person), he doesn't come out before the show starts and he otherwise makes little effort to connect with the audience. There's virtually no rapport.

He's a member of the WGA (Writers Guild of America) yet was actually planning to resume his show during the WGA strike (despite the fact that he employs WGA writers) until he faced enormous blowback and decided to keep the set dark. A couple of months ago, he fired his longtime CAA (Creative Artists Agency) agents after little Billy's feewings were hurt when he wasn't invited to CAA's A-list house party during Oscars week. A few nights later, his "New Rules" editorial was about how he hates it when people whine about the small things in life.

I wouldn't cross the street to see him again, I've stopped watching his show, and I couldn't care less what he thinks about anything.

Strange. You couldn't care less, yet you write a short story about how much you don't like him.

I usually don't post about people I couldn't care less about. But with this reply, I am exposing myself as a hypocrite.

I've read a lot of things that back up your judgment of Maher as a person, but miserable people can make good points, and he's not wrong to say that if he feels a bit out of place on the left, it's because a significant portion of the left has gone loony and left him behind.

it's because a significant portion of the left has gone loony and left him behind.
images

I think being an insufferable and unapologetic asshole is part of his appeal.

to be fair goat has been pretty balanced for quite a while
Comparatively, right @TheOriginalHappyGoat ?

That is the thing with Goat and guys like @BradStevens and even you. Y'all are operating somewhere on a plane of what was "liberal" 20 years ago. I still put you there. I think Trump is on that plane as well on quite a few things. The leftists have seized the Democratic Party and moved it from a liberal party to a leftist party that is borderline revolutionary on its edges.

I believe the pendulum has already started to swing on some stuff.

That is the thing with Goat and guys like @BradStevens and even you. Y'all are operating somewhere on a plane of what was "liberal" 20 years ago. I still put you there. I think Trump is on that plane as well on quite a few things. The leftists have seized the Democratic Party and moved it from a liberal party to a leftist party that is borderline revolutionary on its edges.

agreed. and i do consider myself where you place me. my disdain for biden and the progressives colors same but as i said i liked both clinton and obama more than either bush, by way of example

I dunno but "seized" seems like a dramatic word for "changed." I think in 50 years we'll look back and say we broke the political center when we broke the middle class.

I dunno but "seized" seems like a dramatic word for "changed." I think in 50 years we'll look back and say we broke the political center when we broke the middle class.
changed implies consent. seized implies took over. i think the answer to that depends on numbers. are there more progressives or mod dems. i still think progressives just coopted biden during hte summer of love and he misread the room. together they have an outsized voice. but i could be wrong about numbers. i don't know

Reactions: manichi
changed implies consent. seized implies took over. i think the answer to that depends on numbers. are there more progressives or mod dems. i still think progressives just coopted biden during hte summer of love and he misread the room. together they have an outsized voice. but i could be wrong about numbers. i don't know

most of us still seem to think we're moderate but I bet that also just feels good to tell a stranger on the phone

Reactions: mcmurtry66

I'm not 100% sure what your point is. The fringes have always pulled the parties to the extremes. The GOP started getting yanked to the far right years ago, as Rock was fond of repeatedly posting. I think the evidence is that the Dems are currently going through a similar thing, so that while the GOP used to be the "outlier" party, now both parties are becoming outliers. That makes it hard for traditional mainstream folks to feel at home in either one.

I'm not 100% sure what your point is. The fringes have always pulled the parties to the extremes. The GOP started getting yanked to the far right years ago, as Rock was fond of repeatedly posting. I think the evidence is that the Dems are currently going through a similar thing, so that while the GOP used to be the "outlier" party, now both parties are becoming outliers. That makes it hard for traditional mainstream folks to feel at home in either one.
My point was that you aren't going to suddenly become team conservative. You just aren't quite as whacky as what the Democrats have become.

Seems like Trump has been moving the party to the middle...anti war, legal abortion, fair trade, protecting SS and Medicare, etc.

Dems are the ones completely off the deep end.

Reactions: DANC
Strange. You couldn't care less, yet you write a short story about how much you don't like him.

I usually don't post about people I couldn't care less about. But with this reply, I am exposing myself as a hypocrite.
Or he is just sharing his opinion when someone else brought him up. Doesn't make him care for him.

With all of the political hypocrisy on this board, that was the hill to die on? Lmao

Last edited:
Ah, yes I'm mostly still liberal. I haven't really changed much.
What a telling thread. FFS, grow up all of you!

I'm still mostly liberal??? At some point everyone was liberal then it was like wtf am I thinking and you came to your senses. Liberal is like the beginning of mischief it leads to sh!t no matter how you slice it. AND here we are!

Thanks for letting us know.

agreed. and i do consider myself where you place me. my disdain for biden and the progressives colors same but as i said i liked both clinton and obama more than either bush, by way of example
Have you ever thought that the reason you don't like Biden is because the conservative smear campaign has gone into overdrive ever since he became the choice for 2020 ticket?

Up until Biden won the 2020 primary, conservatives were saying how moderate he was and gop politicians were saying he was a nice guy that was easy to work with.

the day after he won primary, he was a lying senile sob that was unfit for the white house and conservative media has beat that drum ever since because they are desperate to make Biden look as bad as trump.

The Republican smear campaign didn't have to work as hard with previous candidates because the conservatives running back then were relatively decent human beings.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IU73 and DANC
the day after he won primary, he was a lying senile sob that was unfit for the white house and conservative media has beat that drum ever since because they are desperate to make Biden look as bad as trump.
You're dumber than a box of rocks. The guy has been a liar, plagiarist, and hypocrite his entire political career on the backs of the American tax payer dollar. The only reason Obama chose him is he is a yes man who would do whatever, no matter what the cost. He doesn't give one sh!t about the American people and never has he's a selfish, stupid, arrogant, dickhead who has a badge and hasn't been arrested. Let's not even talk about the FAMILY sh!t or shall we bring that into play.

What a telling thread. FFS, grow up all of you!

I'm still mostly liberal??? At some point everyone was liberal then it was like wtf am I thinking and you came to your senses. Liberal is like the beginning of mischief it leads to sh!t no matter how you slice it. AND here we are!

Thanks for letting us know.
Thanks for letting us know you remain simple.

Have you ever thought that the reason you don't like Biden is because the conservative smear campaign has gone into overdrive ever since he became the choice for 2020 ticket?

Up until Biden won the 2020 primary, conservatives were saying how moderate he was and gop politicians were saying he was a nice guy that was easy to work with.

The Republican smear campaign didn't have to work as hard with previous candidates because the conservatives running back then were relatively decent human beings.
You are so Fing stupid. Do you not read all of the policy criticisms. Articles posted. Dialogue. You really are a moron. It sucks that someone as dumb as you gets to vote

Thanks for letting us know you remain simple.
Whatever that simple is it beats the sh!t out of the path liberal has led us down.

Abortion for a raped woman...Kill a baby after its born.

You need another example Goat. Go ahead and spin that sh!t because no matter how hard you try, it ends up murder.

Reactions: DANC
most of us still seem to think we're moderate but I bet that also just feels good to tell a stranger on the phone

Those polls are really worthless. If we were to ask 10 people who identify as liberal or conservative, I bet a 6 pack that 6 or 7 of them couldn’t tell you what those words mean. And moderate? Moderate is a personality, not an ideology.

Most people are one thing or another because of who is what, not because of what they actually believe.

Whatever that simple is it beats the sh!t out of the path liberal has led us down.

You need another example Goat. Go ahead and spin that sh!t because no matter how hard you try, it ends up murder.
I think abortion is ideologically neutral.

trump and all his bs vs a progressive menu. don't hate anyone who votes either way. as i said i think bill sums up where we are perfectly
I've said for years now, "what is it that unites the people of the U.S.? It used to be common moral values and the Constitution". Those days seem to be done. Now we see this push for Democracy. So and so is against our Democracy is really what? Mob rule! We are a Democratic Republic. I see our Founders as very wise people. We don't have a King, one ruler. We have a representative government which means they can be voted out if they are not doing the job. Then the Founders wove into our Constitution a set of checks and balances. We have a separation of the Executive,Legislative, and Judicial branches. We also have Federal and States rights. The way they set up our Constitution is that we all have rights endowed to us by our Creator so that means no government can take it away and the Constitution is set up so we all can have our rights. The Constitution tells us and tells the government, "You can't do this or that to these people. They have rights". How about we rally around this document? Let this be our national soul so we can, "get along" as Rodney King said.

I've said for years now, "what is it that unites the people of the U.S.? It used to be common moral values and the Constitution". Those days seem to be done. Now we see this push for Democracy. So and so is against our Democracy is really what? Mob rule! We are a Democratic Republic. I see our Founders as very wise people. We don't have a King, one ruler. We have a representative government which means they can be voted out if they are not doing the job. Then the Founders wove into our Constitution a set of checks and balances. We have a separation of the Executive,Legislative, and Judicial branches. We also have Federal and States rights. The way they set up our Constitution is that we all have rights endowed to us by our Creator so that means no government can take it away and the Constitution is set up so we all can have our rights. The Constitution tells us and tells the government, "You can't do this or that to these people. They have rights". How about we rally around this document? Let this be our national soul so we can, "get along" as Rodney King said.
I hoped Biden and his handlers got caught up in the summer of love and didn’t read the room. Rolled out a progressive platform with identity politics this race that and in time would recognize their mistakes. Hell clinton had a major pivot. But no. Biden is trying to forgive student loans and on campus spewing his race-based bs. His approval is horrible. He’ll hurry and try to lower gas and do whatever other Hail Mary move he can like acting like he now cares about the border but hopefully it’s too late. He and his band of misfits just need to go

Last edited:

Just so I'm reading correctly, you think a woman, who didn't want to have sex in the first place and was forced against her will to, should be required to have the baby even if she doesn't want to go through with the pregnancy.

Is that correct?

Reactions: manichi and larsIU
When Trump refuses to accept election results and his followers defended him, how much would you say they care about democracy?

When Trump said he never swore to defend the constitution (when fighting to be on ballot in colorado) and his followers defended him, how much do you think they care about the constitution?

It seems putting country first and respecting our constitution and democracy is a thing of the past.

Reactions: IU73 and UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT