ADVERTISEMENT

A lot went wrong last night...

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida
- Kopp, no show (2 pts, 3 reb, 1 ast, 1 steal)
- Race, no show (2 pts, 2 reb, 2 blocks)
- 3 pt shooting not great, (3-13, 23%)
- Malik, usually a stellar piece off the bench, had an off night. Couldn't find the net on 1-6 shooting.
- One of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while that overwhelmingly favored NC for at least 30 min.

But, this shows why this is such a good team. The ability to play through much adversity, not get rattled, and close out a double-digit win against a very good team who came in with their backs against the wall.

How did they do this?

- Defense, defense, defense (7 steals, 6 blocked shots and from Alec's article - the Hoosiers had 12 fast break points...with a 17-4 points advantage off of turnovers.)
-
JHS. The kid came to play and as said in another post - he was the best player on the floor in the first half. Our normal slow starts didn't happen because of him.
- TG, game ball in my opinion. All over the floor, energy, defense, etc. Needs as many minutes as anyone on the team.
- TJD, no one is better in CB and last night showed it again. Double-double, with 4 blocks, 4 assists and no turnovers.
- X, arguably could also share the game ball. Made big play after big play when it was most needed, on both ends. Also added 8 rebounds, 8 rebounds for a guard?? And, his free throws down the stretch looked like a Sr guard controlling the game and closing it out.

Another test on Saturday with Rutgers, a team we've lost 6 in a row to from my count. Last time we beat them was Mar '19, and the last time we beat them in Piscataway was Feb 5, 2018. They say defense travels, but KP only has us as a 3pt favorite, and they're undefeated this year at home although against less than stellar opponents (highest ranked UMass Lowell at #138).

Very excited about this team because of the above - defense and several talented parts that can step up when faced with difficulties like we saw last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News