ADVERTISEMENT

5 stars visiting?….

Adam Sandler Energy GIF

5 star qbs are recruited by most P5 schools, but it would be nice for IU to start recruiting more 4-5star recruits/athletes in other main skill positions. I’m more excited that they are hosting TY’s kid tbh!
Curious, why are you more excited about a 4 star receivers visit than a 5 star quarterbacks visit?

Do you feel we have a better shot at getting the receiver?

You only get one shot at starting big.

Cig gits it.

IU football history prior to November 30, 2023 don’t mean nothing. NOTHING.

He is now working with the best facilities, the biggest budget, and the best campus in his career. You won’t hear him bitching about what he does not have. He’s going to sell this program like it’s pardons from prison!

Probably most are leary about getting hopes up for a 5 star qb. That probably depends on how strong the sunseri connection is because we won't likely win a bidding war
Yeah, I'm under no impression we can pay to keep a 5* QB happy with NIL money for the requisite 3 years on top of being competitive enough to showcase his skills to NFL teams.

I'm glad the connection to Sunseri is strong but this will just be a complimentary visit with a coach who has been close to him since he was in 2nd grade. Once USC and Bama show their facilities, his future, and his potential NIL deal, IU will be back to the occasional 4*.

Debbie Yeah, I'm under no impression we can pay to keep a 5* QB happy with NIL money for the requisite 3 years on top of being competitive enough to showcase his skills to NFL teams.

I'm glad the connection to Sunseri is strong but this will just be a complimentary visit with a coach who has been close to him since he was in 2nd grade. Once USC and Bama show their facilities, his future, and his potential NIL deal, IU will be back to the occasional 4*.
Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Yeah, I'm under no impression we can pay to keep a 5* QB happy with NIL money for the requisite 3 years on top of being competitive enough to showcase his skills to NFL teams.

What if we convince Cuban that private equity money is about to enter the game of college football, and he needs to make money by buying into IU now?

Tyler Cherry is a 4 ⭐️ qb. Plus the other transfers coming in dont seem too terrible. We just need a qb to make the right decisions and reads, any extra playmaking abilities would be a plus, but just needs to be smart. Our last couple qbs just couldnt hardly complete a pass let alone a big play! Im rooting for Cherry to take over the reins. My cuz at CG isnt varsity yet but practiced some as Cherrys center.

I can't wait until fall! With Rourke transferring in here and McCulley staying, the stage is set for a solid season. There's a LOT to like heading into the 24 season.
Couldn't agree more. I expect outstanding game planning by developing matchups for competent play on the field that doesn't have to gamble for spectacular. Move the chains offense, bend don't break D with some targeted aggressiveness, don't beat themselves with penalties and ST's that create consistent + field position and don't make mistakes. A good staff should be able to produce those results.

Couldn't agree more. I expect outstanding game planning by developing matchups for competent play on the field that doesn't have to gamble for spectacular. Move the chains offense, bend don't break D with some targeted aggressiveness, don't beat themselves with penalties and ST's that create consistent + field position and don't make mistakes. A good staff should be able to produce those results.
The schedule would seem to actually benefit Indiana for once in many years. Not having Michigan/OSU and Washington losing Deboer, the schedule seems much, much more friendly than it has in probably 20 years or more??

Aside from the schedule, it just feels like this could truly be a solid season with Cignetti as boss.

The schedule would seem to actually benefit Indiana for once in many years. Not having Michigan/OSU and Washington losing Deboer, the schedule seems much, much more friendly than it has in probably 20 years or more??

Aside from the schedule, it just feels like this could truly be a solid season with Cignetti as boss.
We do play Michigan and o$u, back to back also

Reactions: midwolfe
Schedule with opponent finish last year:

8/31
FIU (4-8/1-7) @ IU

9/7
Western Illinois (0-8/0-11) @ IU

9/14
IU @ UCLA (8-5/4-5)

9/21
Charlotte (3-9/2-6) @ IU

9/28
Maryland (8-5/4-5) @ IU
They lost Tagavioloa

10/5
IU @ NW (8-5/5-4)

10/19
Nebraska (5-7/3-6) @ IU

10/26
Washington (14-1/9-0) @ IU
Lost coach and Penix

11/2
IU @ MSU (4-8/2-7)
Were a mess - lost coach

11/9
Michigan (15-0/9-0) @ IU
Lost coach and QB

11/23
IU @ Ohio State (11-2/8-1)

11/30
Purdue @ IU (4-8/3-6)
Suck

Schedule with opponent finish last year:

8/31
FIU (4-8/1-7) @ IU

9/7
Western Illinois (0-8/0-11) @ IU

9/14
IU @ UCLA (8-5/4-5)

9/21
Charlotte (3-9/2-6) @ IU

9/28
Maryland (8-5/4-5) @ IU
They lost Tagavioloa

10/5
IU @ NW (8-5/5-4)

10/19
Nebraska (5-7/3-6) @ IU

10/26
Washington (14-1/9-0) @ IU
Lost coach and Penix

11/2
IU @ MSU (4-8/2-7)
Were a mess - lost coach

11/9
Michigan (15-0/9-0) @ IU
Lost coach and QB

11/23
IU @ Ohio State (11-2/8-1)

11/30
Purdue @ IU (4-8/3-6)
Suck
Hell, I thought Michigan and OSU dropped off the schedule?? Well, I still like our team heading into the fall! Lolol

Tyler Cherry is a 4 ⭐️ qb. Plus the other transfers coming in dont seem too terrible. We just need a qb to make the right decisions and reads, any extra playmaking abilities would be a plus, but just needs to be smart. Our last couple qbs just couldnt hardly complete a pass let alone a big play! Im rooting for Cherry to take over the reins. My cuz at CG isnt varsity yet but practiced some as Cherrys center.
This staff is known for great QB development so I expect our QBs will look much different this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT