ADVERTISEMENT

“I win. Google me.”

If you haven’t watched Cignetti’s press conference today, it’s a must watch.
I love it! What would you rather here from your coach? More importantly, it's true. Google it!

I hear him speak about growing up around football and his dad's coaching. It makes me feel better that he is a tough coach that won't try to be a friend or LEO his way to motivate his players. I have always said football is a tough sport and needs tough players and coaches. His dad would have been from the old school like the one I played for.

He does not come across as very likable, but he doesn't have to be. It appears his players are loyal to him, judging by the numbers that want to follow him to IU. It has always seemed to me that most of the football coaches are not as friendly as basketball ones, with some exception.
I hated my high school head coach. I loved my position coach.

We had a drill where a ball was placed behind two players and a single player had to fight their way through to get the ball. My sophomore year I came up against our all conference senior fullback and our leading lineman. The head coach laughed when a tall skinny receiver like me was physically outmatched and commented that "This will be good". It pissed me off! First time, I fired off hard at the first sound and squirted between them and dove on the ball. Head coach was pissed at his two seniors and had us do it again. I fired off quick again and spun off the shoulder of the lineman and dove on the ball. Coach was even more pissed and we lined up a third time. They held me at a stalemate for a respectable time before pushing me backward. I eventually outraced them to the ball, but after the whistle blew.

I never liked the head coach and I remembered how his smart ass comment made me play better. That worked for me. It might have hurt another person's feelings. This coach will do well with tough players. We need more tough minded players.that compete every play without making the dumb mental errors we saw over the last few years.

Can't believe you are so thick headed. We care a -negative- shit what PUke fans think of our new HC. Fact being I'm 1000% pleased with his confident brand and another 1000% happy our opinions are 180° opposite of PUke.
Okay, what about every fan base in the conference who isn’t Purdue? None of you guys think this is a bad look and will get IU OR ANYONE ELSE mocked if you don’t win 8+ games?

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Students section only??? BS! I don't and never have watched PUke except when playing IU, the Athletic Department that owns Championships. POTMFB!...every chance I get.
I just don’t feel that way about the rivalry. Sorry it affects you that much? I’m just not that in to jingoism and frankly you guys are objectively better fans than Illinois fans. Illinois fans think they are Michigan in football and prime Bobby knight Indiana in basketball when they are actually just Illinois. The approval of this chooch is something I’d expect from them honestly

It’s the student section dude. Everyone who is older than 30 thinks it makes no sense.

I call em like I see em. I give any of your players or coaches who are good their due. Aaron Casey is a perfect example. What a player.

Let me ask you this? Who is the last big ten football coach to pop off like this? Serious question. I can’t think of one. Frost maybe. But he was just kinda dumb in some regards IMO.

Example of props. Great pickup of Trey wedig. I’m not seeing what else has old boy talking like this.

Ehhh…I look at Purdue’s class and it’s pretty standard Purdue. Nothinhg pops there either. Volume over elite players, I guess. Very similar to ours. A lot of 5.5-5.6 guys that were all recruited by a lot of G5’s. Both pretty similar, but IU is leaning much heavier on the portal.

I just don’t feel that way about the rivalry. Sorry it affects you that much? I’m just not that in to jingoism and frankly you guys are objectively better fans than Illinois fans. Illinois fans think they are Michigan in football and prime Bobby knight Indiana in basketball when they are actually just Illinois. The approval of this chooch is something I’d expect from them honestly

It’s the student section dude. Everyone who is older than 30 thinks it makes no sense.
Why don't you get it. I don't care about what Illi-noise is or isn't. Way more than the students.
chooch?? Damn!

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Okay, what about every fan base in the conference who isn’t Purdue? None of you guys think this is a bad look and will get IU OR ANYONE ELSE mocked if you don’t win 8+ games?
I can't believe how dense you are. We are Indiana. Why should we give a drip if our HC is not liked. Unaffected by that. Let that sear in till you comprehend. CIGNETTI!

I can't believe how dense you are. We are Indiana. Why should we give a drip if our HC is not liked. Unaffected by that. Let that sear in till you comprehend. CIGNETTI!
IU’s coaches are typically liked because they’re pushovers. Purdue fans worried about IU’s coach before he ever coaches a game says something. They have Ryan Walters…remember that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT