ADVERTISEMENT

“I win. Google me.”

If you havent heard it yet, he was also on the 93.5 radio interviewing with Jake Queery. Im sure you can find the interview on their website. Very good! He definitely uses coach speak, and hope he backs it all up! Ofcourse, I will hold judgments until I see the finished product on the field!

Interesting comments. Stated that several players went into the portal and called about coming back and he didn't take them all. Wonder which ones wanted to come back that didn't get invited back. Definitely a no nonsense guy.

CCC better win. He can be easy for some people to dislike.
My kind of fellow... I'll just be sure to never ask a foolish or redundant question of him and I'm certain we'll get along fine...

Short of sleep and short of time makes for a less than warm and fuzzy personality...; although I suspect that his personality that we've seen to date is perhaps even more authentic then he might have even intended to show us...

Confidence is good... Now hopefully he'll back it up with results...

I want to see CCC when he finds out people stay in the grass lot and tailgate during the games. He might go out there at half and slap them around. Or if the students leave at halftime.
Or when other big ten coaches take a look and go “this guy sounds like Scott frost, except instead of just stepping in it, he means it.”

Reactions: red hornet
If you havent heard it yet, he was also on the 93.5 radio interviewing with Jake Queery. Im sure you can find the interview on their website. Very good! He definitely uses coach speak, and hope he backs it all up! Ofcourse, I will hold judgments until I see the finished product on the field!
I CRINGED during that interview with Query!!!
😱😱

Query, as usual, did ALL THE TALKING! He is a terribly amateurish interviewer! He spends SO MUCH time & SO MANY WORDS to set up, qualify & re-qualify his thoughts, he has great difficulty actually getting to a question!
GAH!!!

I would BET that Jake’s interviewees get terribly impatient, maybe even pissed, when he takes so long to get to his questions.

When Query allowed, CCC did have some very confident, positive comments about what he has done/will do. 👍

Cignetti is definitely hard to like based off his interviews, but as long as he wins games I don’t care. He exudes confidence and I like that. His arrogance may even surpass Kevin Wilson, but I just hope he can deliver. I can still recall KW didn’t even have this kind of confidence going into his first season. I remember one of his first interviews talking about his 0-fer season as head coach of a high school and he would have gone 0-fer in his first season here if not for the FCS opponent on the schedule. I like that winning is obviously important to Cig and I hope he can walk the walk.

Cignetti is definitely hard to like based off his interviews, but as long as he wins games I don’t care. He exudes confidence and I like that. ...
It's strange, but I do find him likable. I say it's strange because I sometimes dislike this 'type'. But he keeps saying things that don't fit my frame of the type.
I was ready to label him as 'might be an asshole' and prepared to like him just for results. But I find him likable. 'Not an asshole.'

He seems confident he's really improved the roster. I wasn't or am not... But his belief you get productive winners and that it's about culture, I hope is correct. Also one comment he made seemed to indicate he believes you have to string together at least two good seasons before you can truly recruit at the highest level. So hes going for winners now, then maybe he'll get the elite winners.

Cignetti is definitely hard to like based off his interviews, but as long as he wins games I don’t care. He exudes confidence and I like that. His arrogance may even surpass Kevin Wilson, but I just hope he can deliver. I can still recall KW didn’t even have this kind of confidence going into his first season. I remember one of his first interviews talking about his 0-fer season as head coach of a high school and he would have gone 0-fer in his first season here if not for the FCS opponent on the schedule. I like that winning is obviously important to Cig and I hope he can walk the walk.

He is aware enough that he’ll occasionally throw in some self-deprecating humor. Like the comment about his staff and the tenure of his guys, he states something along the lines of “they know me and how to manage some of my moods.”
He’s self aware enough that it’s not all about him. But I like the fact that he’s stepped in and realizes that the place needs change and he’s not shy about saying it.

Does anyone else remember when pretty much the entire staff that Kevin Wilson originally hired was gone in less that two weeks? Not a good sign!
Wasn't near all the staff although the turnover was high. The fact is IUFB at that time wasn't competitive in pay to assistants. The 1's that turned tail did so for better offers.

Does anyone else remember when pretty much the entire staff that Kevin Wilson originally hired was gone in less that two weeks? Not a good sign!
Big difference.... some of CCC's guys have been with him for a while... one of them for 10 years... None of Wilson's had worked under him before IU... only beside him...

He does not come across as very likable, but he doesn't have to be. It appears his players are loyal to him, judging by the numbers that want to follow him to IU. It has always seemed to me that most of the football coaches are not as friendly as basketball ones, with some exception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT