ADVERTISEMENT

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow, you're an angry person. You don't know more than me about the region as I carry citizenship in a Baltic country. So not only do I vote, but I also vote in EU and Baltic elections.

Now I see why it's so easy for guys like Putin to take a sovereign nation's land. People like you just don't believe there is anything to worry about... "oh what's that he invaded? Nothing to see here, NO WAY that happens again. What reason could he possibly have for wanting to connect his mainland to the Baltic Sea with ports that don't freeze in the winter? Better leave him alone."

Governments getting away with murder is invading a country, deporting half of their citizens to Siberia and then back loading it with your own people. This is something that really happened in a regime that bred the current leader of Russia. How can you say there is no threat? Is your head in your ass or in the sand?

That's even worse, you claim to know the region and how zero understanding of the politics of the region.

Now go away,I want to have a nice conversation.

Quit voting, the world depends on it. You are too stupid. Why do you hate the world? Quit pretending Russia is the empire.

I assume you are pretty angry at the US too.

He could have done that with THIS one.

I've read hundreds of episode 7's in the last few decades, including the EU books. They had much more creative ideas, especially the fans. As far as movie technicality it's an A+, he's a good filmmaker. But as far as creativity, and originality, JJ Abrams is a tracer.. and a poor storyteller.

I like most of Abrams stuff that I have seen. That's not a ton though.

This needed to be a stand alone film that starts a new trilogy. There was never a chance he was going to please the people that read the books. Not possible.

I like most of Abrams stuff that I have seen. That's not a ton though.

This needed to be a stand alone film that starts a new trilogy. There was never a chance he was going to please the people that read the books. Not possible.

Sure it's possible, the books did it. That's why he stole from them.

Sure it's possible, the books did it. That's why he stole from them.

You wanted it to pick up and go one from the end of the last one. That was never going to happen. This was intended to bring the story to a new generation. They find 4,5 and 6 boring and old and 1,2 and 3 not very good. This is about starting from scratch and making money. It's Hollywood.

The pressure on the next film will be high, he has to deliver a good story.

Serious question. What did I say that was so offensive?

What I said was that Putin's aggression won't stop until he's shown where the line is. And what I got in return was some opinions about how the US also has done some questionable stuff. How is that relevant? So I questioned how that was relevant when talking about Russia. Then I was told I didn't know anything about the Baltics which is hilarious. We are talking about a dude that just annexed a part of another county and I'm being called ridiculous for thinking he would do it again? Again, not really sure what I did to incite such rage? You guys need a hug?

Just get out of the thread. And take the plug out of your rear while you're at it.

This thread took an odd turn. Here...this should shut it down...

12222107-Censored-stamp-Stock-Vector-censored-censorship.jpg

Or not....

I am now off until January 4th. Going to get baked and see Star wars tomorrow afternoon.

Question, how much alien talk is there? It will be translated into Czech and hard to understand. It was the same with the prequels.

Also, something you will have no interest in so it will keep with the boring fks theme, should I get my wife tix to Rusalka at the National Theatre by Czech composer Dvorak or Don Giovanni at the Estates Theatre where it was premiered by Mozart many years ago. The Estates Theatre is the only building still standing anywhere in the world where Mozart preformed.

iubigman already weighed in via Facebook.
I'd see Dvorak. Mozart just has to many notes for my taste.

Where did I say that I was OK with it? In fact a couple months ago I post that people in the US don't give a chit about what's happening in the Ukraine because there is nothing the Ukraine can offer to benefit the US. The US stopped being an advocate for good long ago and only get involved when profit is to be made.

I have a lot of Ukraine friends here. You couldn't be more wrong if you were C-% talking about music. You have been moved to sub idiot category at this point.

There will be no referendums to annex the Baltics because they are a psrt of NATO and it's too much risk for no reward. Quite believing the propaganda. I now know how the Nazis did it. People are stupid, make them scared and create a boogeyman.
Joe Biden would disagree: he said they have “the most beautiful women in the world" and Joe was never more sincere.

Russian women are hot no doubt.
It was the Ukrainian women Joe specifically was ogling but I agree Russian women are really hot but I think the Ukrainians are probably hotter and many of them are Genghis Khan's granddaughters.

It was the Ukrainian women Joe specifically was ogling but I agree Russian women are really hot but I think the Ukrainians are probably hotter and many of them are Genghis Khan's granddaughters.

Ukrainian women are hot and much cooler/friendlier then Russian women.

Reactions: Bill4411
I thought I was going to see episode 7 but I think I ended up in episode 4.

Good movie though, will definitely take jr. He's not all that familiar with star wars. He has seen a couple of them but he was too young. This one might ignite his interest.

I always thought Abrams was the perfect choice and he proved it.
Interesting post.

Good movie though, will definitely take jr. He's not all that familiar with star wars. He has seen a couple of them but he was too young. This one might ignite his interest.

Interesting post

Interesting post

Interesting post

Interesting post

What's the point of your first sentence?

Seeing it tomorrow night.

JJ played it way too safe. He took no chances when he had a galaxy sized canvas to work with. He didn't advance the story at all, just eliminated the dumb shit Lucas was known for..

he's a tracer.

There it is......

At first, it seemed you like the movie, but in the end, you finally squeezed out a poop.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
"You Americans".

First, you paint with a very broad brush when you over-generalize like that, Ziz.

Second, that post is just proof positive that MTIOTF is right: you're a commie . . . .

Regarding Putin, I understand he wants to trade some political trade craft with Trump . . . maybe Putin will be Trump's running mate . . . or Trump will be Putin's in the next Russian election.

Let's just say I'm not shocked to hear Ziz is all over Putin info, Putin positions. I'm assuming he has Putin sheets and jammies and bobble heads

They might and that's far more concerning to them then Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia. I know that you are one of the few here that understand teh region. Putin knows the west isn't going to do anything, he just wants them out of Ukraine. He uses oil as his weapon, I imagine he hates the price right now. I am sure the US has used their wahhabi friends inSaudi Arabia to hurt the Russians.

And of course they are using their wealth to support ISIS. Nice foreign policy. At least Dick Cheney is doing well.

Obama makes Cheney rich
Zizkov farts at Mars

(I'm thinking that's not Haiku, but it'll do)

There it is......

At first, it seemed you like the movie, but in the end, you finally squeezed out a poop.
I'm not impressed by tracers. fwiw - I did like the movie, I just think the story was weaker than your cunnlingus ability.Abrams should stick to Star Trek.

I'm not impressed by tracers. fwiw - I did like the movie, I just think the story was weaker than your cunnlingus ability.Abrams should stick to Star Trek.
Putting together a tight plot has never been Abrams' strength. He's good at coming up with interesting plot elements, but tying them all together...I know he started as a writer, but he's a better director, and that's a big reason why.

That being said, there's a danger to taking over a beloved franchise that goes beyond any individual's writing or directing abilities, and that's the danger of comparison. Abrams himself suffered this with Into Darkness, which was a fine piece of directing, but was roundly blasted for all those aspects that borrowed/changed elements from Wrath of Khan. Now, I'm not saying Kirk's death wasn't a weak plot point and an emotionally overwrought piece of filmmaking, but it wouldn't have gotten the level of flak it did if it hadn't been put up against Spock's death. It was the comparison that really killed it.

Putting together a tight plot has never been Abrams' strength. He's good at coming up with interesting plot elements, but tying them all together...I know he started as a writer, but he's a better director, and that's a big reason why.
Yup ...

That being said, there's a danger to taking over a beloved franchise that goes beyond any individual's writing or directing abilities, and that's the danger of comparison. Abrams himself suffered this with Into Darkness, which was a fine piece of directing, but was roundly blasted for all those aspects that borrowed/changed elements from Wrath of Khan. Now, I'm not saying Kirk's death wasn't a weak plot point and an emotionally overwrought piece of filmmaking, but it wouldn't have gotten the level of flak it did if it hadn't been put up against Spock's death. It was the comparison that really killed it.

I think Abrams delivered exactly what they wanted. A well made movie with enough bones thrown to the old generation while hooking the next generation. That's why they basically remade episode 4 because it is the classic story that sells and has for years.

This episode was never going to please those that read the books and argued about Star Wars on the internet. I was a good movie that I thoroughly enjoyed. That's all I ask for.

Abrams isn't doing the next one, which I find disappointing. He will be a producer. It would have been a mistake to hit the ground running with a complex story taking off from the end of Jedi. They want this trilogy to be able stand alone.

JJ played it way too safe. He took no chances when he had a galaxy sized canvas to work with. He didn't advance the story at all, just eliminated the dumb shit Lucas was known for..

he's a tracer.

It was a fun movie, man...c'mon.

The story is set up to make 2 more really good films. It's tough to reintroduce the old and introduce the new at the same time in a 2 1/2 hour flick.

The highlights of the film IMHO are Ray and Kylo. Driver plays the "prodigy Jedi but still a brat/only scratching the surface of his power" role well, and Ray's "holy shit, I'm a Jedi!....No wait....I'm a really really powerful Jedi!!!" revelation during the film is well done.

Plus all the references and cameos were just....fun.

Watching a Sullustan running to an x-wing alone was worth the $8.

:(
Dude get the hell out of my thread, at least until you remove that giant stick.
So a thread titled -zzzzzzzzzz is your thread. Thought provoking.

What the hell else are people going to talk about....it was an open canvas and the one man making sense you are shunning.

Reactions: BigRedBanners
It was a fun movie, man...c'mon.

The story is set up to make 2 more really good films. It's tough to reintroduce the old and introduce the new at the same time in a 2 1/2 hour flick.

The highlights of the film IMHO are Ray and Kylo. Driver plays the "prodigy Jedi but still a brat/only scratching the surface of his power" role well, and Ray's "holy shit, I'm a Jedi!....No wait....I'm a really really powerful Jedi!!!" revelation during the film is well done.

Plus all the references and cameos were just....fun.

Watching a Sullustan running to an x-wing alone was worth the $8.

I didn't say it wasn't fun. Just that Abrams is a tracer. Much depends on where it goes from here. If it ends up with Jaina training with Boba Fett. and then killing Jacen on Endor 2.0 while Lando Jr blows up Starkiller 2.0, I'll be a bit annoyed.

I didn't say it wasn't fun. Just that Abrams is a tracer. Much depends on where it goes from here. If it ends up with Jaina training with Boba Fett. and then killing Jacen on Endor 2.0 while Lando Jr blows up Starkiller 2.0, I'll be a bit annoyed.
Was that a spoiler? I think we're going to check it out tomorrow during the day. My son has already seen it, but the rest of us haven't yet. Looking forward to it, for sure.

Was that a spoiler? I think we're going to check it out tomorrow during the day. My son has already seen it, but the rest of us haven't yet. Looking forward to it, for sure.
No not at all ...

It's a good movie, even for a tracing. You'll love it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT