ADVERTISEMENT

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Saw Star Wars last night in 3D. They actually did a great job with the 3D, and I would recommend it. Unlike almost all other flix I've seen in 3D where it's more of a distraction than anything, they did a great job with this one. In fact, there was very little I could quibble with on this flick. Hard to remember when I've been completely absorbed in a movie from start to finish as I was with this one. I'll probably go see it again, which I never do.

Oh, and I vote Mozart too.

If this is one of those boots on the ground type comments, make sure it is your goddamn boots. I am sick to death of people wanting the US to send troops to the middle east. Every GOP candidate wants to do it, but it won't be their kids over there. This mentality needs to stop.
There is absolutely nothing to gain from anything close to a police action. Nothing. Loss of money, loss of lives, will be the result and most likely creating more enemies. If Isil is destroyed it creates a power vacuum and a new enemy will rise, rinse repeat. It's been war after war in that region since the time of the Hittites and Egyptians in the first war in history. It has to be the sun baking their brains.

If you fight, fight, don't pansy around. War is war, it's not civilized in any manner, quit pretending. Attempting to fight civilized wars only set up a perception of complete hypocrisy which creates more enemies. To win a war against a foreign nation you absolutely have to destroy the will of the people. Civilians. That means killing them, bombing them, and raping them. Without conscience. that is war. Police actions only create more enemy to police, because the occupying troops get blamed for everything. Food, water, clothing, medicine then becomes the responsibility of the military force. Military forces make poor administration. So, every person put out blames them. Terrorist enrollment goes up.

It's stupid... and yet, we keep doing it.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
I can't watch 3D. I have very poor stereo vision, and I usually only look out of one eye at a time.
There's maybe four or five scenes in the whole movie where 3d is even viable, each lasting a minute or less. It's a character and dialogue driven movie. Plus 3d sucks.

Man, I'm hoping the people doing Boba Fett "get it" and do a spaghetti western in space. A re-do of Seven Samurai or Once Upon a Time transposed to Star Wars, would be perfect. Dialogue should be at an absolute minimum, especially with Fett himself. Lots of helmet close ups. I'm holding out hope that someone at disney actually gets Star Wars. After watching the last film, my hope now firmly lies in the spinoffs. Looking forward to the Rogues, Fett, Solo and Obi Wan movies.

There is absolutely nothing to gain from anything close to a police action. Nothing. Loss of money, loss of lives, will be the result and most likely creating more enemies. If Isil is destroyed it creates a power vacuum and a new enemy will rise, rinse repeat. It's been war after war in that region since the time of the Hittites and Egyptians in the first war in history. It has to be the sun baking their brains.

If you fight, fight, don't pansy around. War is war, it's not civilized in any manner, quit pretending. Attempting to fight civilized wars only set up a perception of complete hypocrisy which creates more enemies. To win a war against a foreign nation you absolutely have to destroy the will of the people. Civilians. That means killing them, bombing them, and raping them. Without conscience. that is war. Police actions only create more enemy to police, because the occupying troops get blamed for everything. Food, water, clothing, medicine then becomes the responsibility of the military force. Military forces make poor administration. So, every person put out blames them. Terrorist enrollment goes up.

It's stupid... and yet, we keep doing it.

I don't think there can be a worse enemy than ISIS though. The major problem is that the Saudi's apparently buy off all American politicians.

There's maybe four or five scenes in the whole movie where 3d is even viable, each lasting a minute or less. It's a character and dialogue driven movie. Plus 3d sucks.

Man, I'm hoping the people doing Boba Fett "get it" and do a spaghetti western in space. A re-do of Seven Samurai or Once Upon a Time transposed to Star Wars, would be perfect. Dialogue should be at an absolute minimum, especially with Fett himself. Lots of helmet close ups. I'm holding out hope that someone at disney actually gets Star Wars. After watching the last film, my hope now firmly lies in the spinoffs. Looking forward to the Rogues, Fett, Solo and Obi Wan movies.
There's going to be an Obi Wan movie?

With McGregor?

I think I'm getting hard.

I just read that and one sentence stands out. A rumored Seven Samurai inspired Obi Wan movie. That writes itself. I could write that. Hell, Lucas could write that. See, it's not that tough, someone gets it .. let's hope they get their chance.

I just read that and one sentence stands out. A rumored Seven Samurai inspired Obi Wan movie. That writes itself. I could write that. Hell, Lucas could write that. See, it's not that tough, someone gets it .. let's hope they get their chance.
I noticed that, too. I also noticed they had the self-awareness to realize if they are going to successfully pull an actor out of the prequels, they have very limited options. That's a good sign.

The one thing I appreciated most most this Star Wars movie....

was that it stayed true to the episode IV, V and VI formats. The CGI was more a fill and less the main attraction. I hated the Matrix-esque fight scenes in I, II and III. Yoda going bad ass just didn't do it for me and the dildo headed robot army was non-existant. I didn't like that was that Rey went from thinking that the force was a myth to having control of her force and being a formidable (would you call her a Jedi yet?) opponent for Kylo Wren who had studied (presumably) to be a Jedi. I thought more time could have been spent to develop Rey as a Jedi...all though that may have tracked down episode II or III territory. I am presuming that will potentially be what happens in VIII.

Gotta say though....It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I thought I was going to see episode 7 but I think I ended up in episode 4.

Good movie though, will definitely take jr. He's not all that familiar with star wars. He has seen a couple of them but he was too young. This one might ignite his interest.

I always thought Abrams was the perfect choice and he proved it.

Good movie though, will definitely take jr. He's not all that familiar with star wars. He has seen a couple of them but he was too young. This one might ignite his interest.

wtf?

Reactions: C-$
Somebody make it stop! I hate my phone.
JJ played it way too safe. He took no chances when he had a galaxy sized canvas to work with. He didn't advance the story at all, just eliminated the dumb shit Lucas was known for..

he's a tracer.

They might and that's far more concerning to them then Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia. I know that you are one of the few here that understand teh region. Putin knows the west isn't going to do anything, he just wants them out of Ukraine. He uses oil as his weapon, I imagine he hates the price right now. I am sure the US has used their wahhabi friends inSaudi Arabia to hurt the Russians.

And of course they are using their wealth to support ISIS. Nice foreign policy. At least Dick Cheney is doing well.

You really don't know anything about the Baltics. Latvia has over 35% Russian population due to forced migration during the Soviet era. To say that there is no threat that Putin would try to say that he needs to "protect" Russians that are being "unfairly treated" there is asinine. He very well could do it and he might not even need to fire a shot. Look up Liepaja and Ventspils and tell me what they have that Russia would want. You might be able to figure it out on your own, but if you don't already know, then you don't know shite about the Baltics.

You really don't know anything about the Baltics. Latvia has over 35% Russian population due to forced migration during the Soviet era. To say that there is no threat that Putin would try to say that he needs to "protect" Russians that are being "unfairly treated" there is asinine. He very well could do it and he might not even need to fire a shot. Look up Liepaja and Ventspils and tell me what they have that Russia would want. You might be able to figure it out on your own, but if you don't already know, then you don't know shite about the Baltics.
God shut up ..

you're annoying

JJ played it way too safe. He took no chances when he had a galaxy sized canvas to work with. He didn't advance the story at all, just eliminated the dumb shit Lucas was known for..

he's a tracer.

I thought it was totally unoriginal. Boring plot. Just a hero movie put into starwars. I also prefer lightsaber combat to the repeated gun duels.

It's people like you that make it easy for governments to get away with murder.

I have lived here for long time. I have friends from these places. I know what it's like to actually live there.

I'm pretty. Sure I know a hell of a lot more. About the region then you. I have studied it ip close for over a decade.

Please don't vote. You are too stupid.

he's a tracer.

He did what he needed with this one. He gave the old fans reason for optimism and he will catch a bunch of new young fans.

He introduced all the new players and set the stage for the next chapter.

He can now start to advance the story, everything is in place. It was basically episode 4 all over.

He can now start to advance the story,
He could have done that with THIS one.

I've read hundreds of episode 7's in the last few decades, including the EU books. They had much more creative ideas, especially the fans. As far as movie technicality it's an A+, he's a good filmmaker. But as far as creativity, and originality, JJ Abrams is a tracer.. and a poor storyteller.

Wow, you're an angry person. You don't know more than me about the region as I carry citizenship in a Baltic country. So not only do I vote, but I also vote in EU and Baltic elections.

Now I see why it's so easy for guys like Putin to take a sovereign nation's land. People like you just don't believe there is anything to worry about... "oh what's that he invaded? Nothing to see here, NO WAY that happens again. What reason could he possibly have for wanting to connect his mainland to the Baltic Sea with ports that don't freeze in the winter? Better leave him alone."

Governments getting away with murder is invading a country, deporting half of their citizens to Siberia and then back loading it with your own people. This is something that really happened in a regime that bred the current leader of Russia. How can you say there is no threat? Is your head in your ass or in the sand?
Dude get the hell out of my thread, at least until you remove that giant stick.

Dude get the hell out of my thread, at least until you remove that giant stick.

Serious question. What did I say that was so offensive?

What I said was that Putin's aggression won't stop until he's shown where the line is. And what I got in return was some opinions about how the US also has done some questionable stuff. How is that relevant? So I questioned how that was relevant when talking about Russia. Then I was told I didn't know anything about the Baltics which is hilarious. We are talking about a dude that just annexed a part of another county and I'm being called ridiculous for thinking he would do it again? Again, not really sure what I did to incite such rage? You guys need a hug?

Serious question. What did I say that was so offensive?

What I said was that Putin's aggression won't stop until he's shown where the line is. And what I got in return was some opinions about how the US also has done some questionable stuff. How is that relevant? So I questioned how that was relevant when talking about Russia. Then I was told I didn't know anything about the Baltics which is hilarious. We are talking about a dude that just annexed a part of another county and I'm being called ridiculous for thinking he would do it again? Again, not really sure what I did to incite such rage? You guys need a hug?
And the stick goes further up ..

ADVERTISEMENT