ADVERTISEMENT

Zombie Killer

cryano

All-Big Ten
Apr 19, 2005
Owner at liquor store screwed me.
I told him I liked some honey meads and porters when in Detroit...i like diesel punk honey amber, love bee creeks honey beer, and like honey brown too.
Said Id love this $9 bottle of Zombie Killer...he was wrong.

Cider w honey and cherry - ghey. Last time I take his advice.
Did like the old rasputin russian stout, the rivet red, and have the left hand milk stout, and Uplands bad elmers porter for later...but this zombie killer was a bad pick.

I had an Old Style, followed that up with a Pabst Blue Ribbon, a Blatz and
Milwaukee Best. Good times.:D

Reactions: scribe56
Craft beer prices are getting out of control.

I was thrilled to see that Black Acre Natural Liberty was finally showing up in a few local shops. I was not thrilled to see it priced at $13 for a 4 pack.

A lot of bombers I saw that looked really tempting as well.....but paying $12 to $15 for 22oz is not so tempting.

Yeah. I Bought some of each, so I'm contributing to the problem. Just crazy when you can get a lot of these on tap at the local for the same price (or less) than the store

Last edited:
Craft beer prices are getting out of control.

I was thrilled to see that Black Acre Natural Liberty was finally showing up in a few local shops. I was not thrilled to see it priced at $13 for a 4 pack.

A lot of bombers I saw that looked really tempting as well.....but paying $12 to $15 for 22oz is not so tempting.

Yeah. I Bought some of each, so I'm contributing to the problem. Just crazy when you can get a lot of these on tap at the local for the same price (or less) than the store
Sorry, you can't bitch about the price if you bought some of what you're bitching about.

Reality is, prices are going to continue to increase until the market says that its "too damn high". And so far, the market hasn't indicated that its reached that point.

I just paid $15 for a bomber of Quantto from 3 Floyds. I thought about it for a second, and then paid the man his money. But its fresh from the brewer's teat, and oh so damn good, so there you are. And, at the brewpub they were charging $5 for about a five ounce pour, because its a 12.5% abv beverage. At roughly five ounces per pour, you'll get four from a bomber, which is still cheaper in total.

Sorry, you can't bitch about the price if you bought some of what you're bitching about.

Reality is, prices are going to continue to increase until the market says that its "too damn high". And so far, the market hasn't indicated that its reached that point.

I just paid $15 for a bomber of Quantto from 3 Floyds. I thought about it for a second, and then paid the man his money. But its fresh from the brewer's teat, and oh so damn good, so there you are. And, at the brewpub they were charging $5 for about a five ounce pour, because its a 12.5% abv beverage. At roughly five ounces per pour, you'll get four from a bomber, which is still cheaper in total.

This is Amerika....I can bitch about whatever I damn well please. Even if it is without logic.

Saw a bunch of 3F bombers....didn't see that one specifically, but it may well have been there. I'll probably be back later this week....the selection was particularly strong tonight.

I don't mind paying premium prices...but I'll likely buy something like Natural Liberty once every couple weeks, at $13/4 pack (pint)...rather than 12/week if it were say $10/6....like a lot of locals. It's also only a 5.4abv...so not like a great punch.

I'll pay the $12/6 for some Sucks instead....which is fortunately now very easy to find.

This is Amerika....I can bitch about whatever I damn well please. Even if it is without logic.

Saw a bunch of 3F bombers....didn't see that one specifically, but it may well have been there. I'll probably be back later this week....the selection was particularly strong tonight.

I don't mind paying premium prices...but I'll likely buy something like Natural Liberty once every couple weeks, at $13/4 pack (pint)...rather than 12/week if it were say $10/6....like a lot of locals. It's also only a 5.4abv...so not like a great punch.

I'll pay the $12/6 for some Sucks instead....which is fortunately now very easy to find.
And that is Lagunitas' business model - produce really good qualtiy beers in volume, because they have capacity that no one in the Midwest can match, so they can price it accordingly. See? I paid attention in macro (edit - or is it micro? I guess its micro) economics.

Quantto is basically Permanent Funeral on steroids (hear that Foosier?), so I doubt that you see it on the shelves in your home town.

Reactions: Foosier
And that is Lagunitas' business model - produce really good qualtiy beers in volume, because they have capacity that no one in the Midwest can match, so they can price it accordingly. See? I paid attention in macro (edit - or is it micro? I guess its micro) economics.

Quantto is basically Permanent Funeral on steroids (hear that Foosier?), so I doubt that you see it on the shelves in your home town.

I believe that'd be micro...

I'm going back tomorrow....they had three stacks of 3F bombers....middle finger, which is ok....and then 2 others I'm not recalling....nor had heard of.

I believe that'd be micro...

I'm going back tomorrow....they had three stacks of 3F bombers....middle finger, which is ok....and then 2 others I'm not recalling....nor had heard of.
Check the bottled date on the neck; if its not recent then pass on the beer.

All this is new to me - so the prices are tough to get a bad one on. Ive been a coors light at home, and occasionally stella or amber bock, for about 20 years - but now enjoy find/trying new beers. I definitely am not a fan of IPAs that many of the hipsters rave about.

Had a rogue siracha last night that was good(and $$$$), and left handed milk stout tonight is an easy drink.

Ummm, you had me at Permanent Funeral on steroids. I'm sure it doesn't suck and I'd try one at that price. However I picked up two 6 packs of Unsessionable last week at Binny's for $15 per 6 pack. It's tough to get more bang for your buck than that.

I also picked up a bomber of Brew Doo for the first time. $10 for a bomber maybe? I wasn't really paying attention. It was pretty good, but my palette has changed. I'm still enjoying the wet hopped beers but not like I used to. Founders Harvest used to be my favorite beer but now it's just "very good" to me. Same with Wet and Deschutes Hop Trip. The Citra/mosaic/southern hemisphere hops have spoiled me I guess.

Reactions: PhishPhan682
All this is new to me - so the prices are tough to get a bad one on. Ive been a coors light at home, and occasionally stella or amber bock, for about 20 years - but now enjoy find/trying new beers. I definitely am not a fan of IPAs that many of the hipsters rave about.

Had a rogue siracha last night that was good(and $$$$), and left handed milk stout tonight is an easy drink.
I still have a sriacha Stout sitting in my fridge. I had to have it but haven't thought it's sounded good enough to crack open yet. Maybe this week.

I will require as many Bottles as are available. TIA

I will require as many Bottles as are available. TIA
Sorry. Not going to happen. Two bottle limit, and they sold out in a heartbeat. Do I have a couple of bottles in my fridge? Yes, yes, I do. Will I share them with Foosier? No, No, I won't.

They did have Permanent Funeral in bottles today, though.

I'm waiting on O to holla atta playa about Darkness day.
Darkness is a good Russian Imperial Stout. But, that's it. I'm past the point where I'm going to wet my panties to get a bottle of Darkness, that isn't any better than the RIS that is on tap at my local (New Oberpfalz). Good luck in your quest. I've got a couple older bottles of Darkness in my cellar if you have a huckleberry need to have one.

But that would cost.

I wasn't born last night.

I have (2) 2013 Darkness in my cellar. That is the extent of my Darkness collection.

Next time Summit City puts out Big Bad Mudfudger I'll mail you a howler and you will soften up.

I have (2) 2013 Darkness in my cellar. That is the extent of my Darkness collection.

Next time Summit City puts out Big Bad Mudfudger I'll mail you a howler and you will soften up.
I don't get softer, I get harder.

Its true.

It would be my pleasure to drink a couple of whales that reside in my cellar with you, as opposed to sitting on them for Jah knows how long. Should you ever make it to da Region again, let me know and I'll bring the goods.

Reactions: PhishPhan682
Sorry. Not going to happen. Two bottle limit, and they sold out in a heartbeat. Do I have a couple of bottles in my fridge? Yes, yes, I do. Will I share them with Foosier? No, No, I won't.

They did have Permanent Funeral in bottles today, though.

Stopped tonight at Kahns...they had some Perm Funeral, bottled 10/27, so I picked one up

Backmasking
Alpha Kong (not king)
War Mullet
Space Station
BRoo Doo
Amber Smashed Face
Deesko

Were the other bombers they had. I've not had any of those other than War Mullet.

Picked up some Lagunitas Brown Shugga for the weekend.

Stopped tonight at Kahns...they had some Perm Funeral, bottled 10/27, so I picked one up

Backmasking
Alpha Kong (not king)
War Mullet
Space Station
BRoo Doo
Amber Smashed Face
Deesko

Were the other bombers they had. I've not had any of those other than War Mullet.

Picked up some Lagunitas Brown Shugga for the weekend.
I like Broo Doo, but didn't have any of this year's batch. Its historically been a good wet hop. Amber Smashed Face is really good, too - a hopped up red ale.

BrooDoo is really good this year - usually put Founders Harvest waaaay ahead of it, but this year the gap was narrowed IMO. Smashed Face was excellent, I thought. Backmasking good too. War Mullet& Space Station just ok. Alpha Kong pretty good but really boozy.

BrooDoo is really good this year - usually put Founders Harvest waaaay ahead of it, but this year the gap was narrowed IMO. Smashed Face was excellent, I thought. Backmasking good too. War Mullet& Space Station just ok. Alpha Kong pretty good but really boozy.

Great..looks like I'll be going back for more tomorrow.

They are all about 12.99 to 13.99 per bomber...Alpha Kong was 17.99

Just have to watch myself...including with this Brown Shugga at 9.8%. They go down too quick...and are so tasty. Lagunitas really is hitting that sweet spot of volume and quality (for the price point). I haven't tried their entire catalog, but haven't had anything not really good

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT