ADVERTISEMENT

Zion signs 5 yr, $193 million contract.

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
This isn't surprising but it never ceases to amaze me how much these guys get paid. Take into account that Zion missed all of last season and has only played 85 games in his three seasons in the league and this contract is stupifying. The guy is a physical specimen but he's too big for his own good and I'll be shocked if he doesn't continue to be plagued by injuries. If the Pelicans were smart they would trade him while he's still viewed as a potential superstar. In the words of the legendary Bill Parcells, "Availability is the best ability." Zion ain't got that.

This isn't surprising but it never ceases to amaze me how much these guys get paid. Take into account that Zion missed all of last season and has only played 85 games in his three seasons in the league and this contract is stupifying. The guy is a physical specimen but he's too big for his own good and I'll be shocked if he doesn't continue to be plagued by injuries. If the Pelicans were smart they would trade him while he's still viewed as a potential superstar. In the words of the legendary Bill Parcells, "Availability is the best ability." Zion ain't got that.
Wtf cares.

Short career most likely.
Bobby Bonilla type contract being paid after career is over

Short career most likely.
Bobby Bonilla type contract being paid after career is over
I never really got into the term “poverty franchise”, but man does it play here. They literally have to pay him to keep someone, anyone interested. They should move to Vegas

I never really got into the term “poverty franchise”, but man does it play here. They literally have to pay him to keep someone, anyone interested. They should move to Vegas
Yeah, it's worse than the Pacers. Not by much though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT