ADVERTISEMENT

Zimmerman auctioning off gun used to kill Trayvon Martin

Saw that last night. He's disgusting. He's going to hurt someone else and eventually get put away for it. Needs to happen soon. That's a despicable act.

Just like my posts
I saw your post, it was way off base. I responded apparently as the thread was pruned.

Martin was in his neighborhood, he was 2 blocks from the home of his dad's girlfriend. He'd walked to the store and was returning.

Only one person made a series of bad decisions that night that led to the death of Trayvon Martin and it wasn't him.

Btw, this is a free country just in case you aren't aware.

I saw your post, it was way off base. I responded apparently as the thread was pruned.

Martin was in his neighborhood, he was 2 blocks from the home of his dad's girlfriend. He'd walked to the store and was returning.

Only one person made a series of bad decisions that night that led to the death of Trayvon Martin and it wasn't him.

You don't know that only one person made a bad decision. He may have made the first bad decision but that doesn't mean Martin didn't make a bad decision. We don't know what happened. It wasn't against the law for Zimmerman to follow Martin (stupid maybe but not illegal) and we don't know what Martin done. I would love to know all the details.

You don't know that only one person made a bad decision. He may have made the first bad decision but that doesn't mean Martin didn't make a bad decision. We don't know what happened. It wasn't against the law for Zimmerman to follow Martin (stupid maybe but not illegal) and we don't know what Martin done. I would love to know all the details.

He didn't just make one bad decision, he made a series of them which if he was actually what he claimed, a Neighborhood Watch person, every decision he made was wrong after his initial call to the police.

We do have a fairly accurate timeline of what happened by all accounts.

Morally, I don't see how it matters. Legally, sure, all details matter. But morally? Morally, you have a guy who was entirely unqualified to be a police officer pretending to be a police officer and he scared a kid to the point that there was an altercation, and he killed the kid. The courts may have let him walk, but standing before the Pearly Gates, there will be only one man to blame for what happened, and his name will be George.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
And the way he had acted since then has proved the type of person he is. Despicable. And what kind of person would bid on the gun?

And the way he had acted since then has proved the type of person he is. Despicable. And what kind of person would bid on the gun?
I am not defending him but Martin wasn't a saint either. People jump to conclusions based on feelings NOT on facts. Just about every person on here assumes that he (Zimmerman) is completely at fault and that Martin is completely innocent when, in fact, they really don't know what happened except that Zimmerman followed him and even there we don't know if he was trying to follow unobserved. I just know if I had been on that jury I couldn't have voted guilty (based on what I read and heard) even though my gut feeling was that Zimmerman was probably guilty. In my mind Martin had options besides getting in a fight with Zimmerman. There's no doubt in my mind that he could have left Zimmerman in the dust if he had taken off running.

Reactions: Lucy01
I just know if I had been on that jury I couldn't have voted guilty (based on what I read and heard) even though my gut feeling was that Zimmerman was probably guilty. In my mind Martin had options besides getting in a fight with Zimmerman. There's no doubt in my mind that he could have left Zimmerman in the dust if he had taken off running.
For you to even be able to make a statement about what you could and could not have done had you been on the jury speaks to your being controlled by your own biases. No one who wasn't in that courtroom for the entire trial should say what they could or could not have done had they been on the jury.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
For you to even be able to make a statement about what you could and could not have done had you been on the jury speaks to your being controlled by your own biases. No one who wasn't in that courtroom for the entire trial should say what they could or could not have done had they been on the jury.
Much (all?) of it was televised and a few people at the WC watched it. I wasn't one of them, I didn't see any of it, but maybe NPT did. I don't recall exactly who watched it, but I remember that a couple said they initially thought Zimmerman was guilty and changed their minds during the trial.

I thought he was probably an overzealous wannabe cop, but that didn't make him automatically guilty. Turns out he's a pretty big jerk, but the jury found him not guilty. Maybe he's not guilty like OJ was "not guilty," or maybe he really wasn't guilty. I don't know, but I do know it's pretty crass at best to sell that gun. A kid was killed with it.

Much (all?) of it was televised and a few people at the WC watched it. I wasn't one of them, I didn't see any of it, but maybe NPT did. I don't recall exactly who watched it, but I remember that a couple said they initially thought Zimmerman was guilty and changed their minds during the trial.
Really? I didn't realize. If so, and he watched it, apologies to @NPT.

I thought he was probably an overzealous wannabe cop, but that didn't make him automatically guilty. Turns out he's a pretty big jerk, but the jury found him not guilty. Maybe he's not guilty like OJ was "not guilty," or maybe he really wasn't guilty. I don't know, but I do know it's pretty crass at best to sell that gun. A kid was killed with it.
I thought, based on what was reported to the public, he was probably morally responsible for Martin's death, and a despicable human being. But being morally responsible doesn't necessarily make one legally responsible. I didn't watch a single minute of the trial, so I have no opinion as to whether or not I agree with the jury.

No it doesn't say anything about biases..... I said "based on what I saw and read I couldn't have voted guilty". I did NOT say that I heard all the facts that the jury did so if I had been on the jury I don't know how I would have voted because I don't know what they heard.

No it doesn't say anything about biases..... I said "based on what I saw and read I couldn't have voted guilty". I did NOT say that I heard all the facts that the jury did so if I had been on the jury I don't know how I would have voted because I don't know what they heard.
Did you edit your post while I was reading it or am I just a sloppy reader? I definitely missed that line. Apologies. My criticism makes little sense when your caveat is considered.

Like I said, every decision he made after calling the police was wrong, and then he lied about being part of the community watch program and it's been all down hill for him since, by his own hand, so to speak.

Let's not forget he outweighed Martin by almost 100 lbs.

---

...and as far as is known, he never identified himself or tried to acertain what Martin was doing, he ought to have been convicted. imho

Last edited:
Having nothing means you attack the messenger. You of all people here want to play this game? You'll just have more post deleted.

Denying facts, it's all most of you have on the right.
That's one thing I am very proud of I have never reported a post, If you can dish it out you should be able to take it

That's one thing I am very proud of I have never reported a post, If you can dish it out you should be able to take it

LOL, such a legend in your own mind. It'd be much better had you a foot to stand on, all you do is blather, reality or facts are not in your purview. See you lack of any substance here so far.
---
fact in well of 90% of what you post on this forum for discussion. You really ought to be banned.
---
I think I'll just start collecting your responses and then make a thread with them all at some point.

Talk about ill informed. You know more than those that sat in the court room huh? Funny how you cowards would think differently had it been your head or one of your family members heads being beaten in. Hope he nets a few million for the weapon to pay off some of his debt.

LOL, such a legend in your own mind. It'd be much better had you a foot to stand on, all you do is blather, reality or facts are not in your purview. See you lack of any substance here so far.
---
fact in well of 90% of what you post on this forum for discussion. You really ought to be banned.
---
I think I'll just start collecting your responses and then make a thread with them all at some point.
Banned for what not agreeing with a basement dweller

Talk about ill informed. You know more than those that sat in the court room huh? Funny how you cowards would think differently had it been your head or one of your family members heads being beaten in. Hope he nets a few million for the weapon to pay off some of his debt.

Look, I don't think George Zimmerman should've been convicted of -- or even charged with -- second-degree murder. Based on my understanding of the facts, I think he was at the very least overcharged. If I had been on that jury, I'm pretty sure I'd have voted "not guilty."

That said, George Zimmerman is quite obviously a despicable human being. And it's not just this incredibly callous auctioning of the gun that leads me to believe that. He's had a slew of run-ins with the law that, I think, paint a clear picture of what kind of person he is. He once made a smarmy tweet about "how it ended for the last moron that hit me." Now he's out publicly trashing Trayvon Martin's parents. Now, I'm not necessarily defending Trayvon Martin or his parents here. I'm not much for the movie script narrative that Trayvon was some kind of angel or totally blameless for what happened.

But I do think that Zimmerman, if he had an ounce of general decency and humility, would just shut up and crawl back under the slimy rock from which he came. He should consider himself damn lucky that Angela Corey so screwed up his prosecution -- because, while I'd say that he was "not guilty" of the specific charges brought against him in Florida, I think he's far from innocent.

If he keeps acting the way he has been, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that he'll be joining Trayvon sooner than nature might dictate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT