ADVERTISEMENT

Zero Scorers since Archie took over

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Maybe I am missing someone but IU hasn’t had a decent scorer/shooter in several years. Why can’t recruit a decent scoring guard or wing ???

Maybe I am missing someone but IU hasn’t had a decent scorer/shooter in several years. Why can’t recruit a decent scoring guard or wing ???

Romeo and his 17 ppg says hello? Wasn’t a knock down 3 point shooter but he was a phenomenal scorer.

Reactions: kkott
Ok forgot about him. Kinda sad I did but IU hasn’t been good for a long time

Ok forgot about him. Kinda sad I did but IU hasn’t been good for a long time

Absolutely nothing against Romeo at all...love the kid and love that he came to IU, but...

...you have nothing to apologize for in forgetting a one-and-done. That's one of (not the most important) the major pitfalls of this OAD nightmare system. Fans barely even get to see a kid play, don't get to watch them develop, and can forget they were even at the school for a season.

Reactions: kkott
Many do not develop in the NBA EITHER. Just grabbing the money and no dividends for teams in return,. That is on the NBA.

Absolutely nothing against Romeo at all...love the kid and love that he came to IU, but...

...you have nothing to apologize for in forgetting a one-and-done. That's one of (not the most important) the major pitfalls of this OAD nightmare system. Fans barely even get to see a kid play, don't get to watch them develop, and can forget they were even at the school for a season.
On are right about the OAD. They don't make us fans love them forever. I remember when Eric Gordon came to IU and he was so good. But he only played one year and if I see him in the NBA of course I remember he went to IU but I also don't get overly excited. Whenever Calbert Cheaney got into an NBA game I would watch him and nobody else. That is what playing four years does.

It's a fascinating gaming situation with a one and done simply from the monkey wrench of physical development between a 22 year old and an 18 year old.

It's not as extreme as the difference between an 18 year old and a 14 year old, but it's still a significant difference.

Simply put its how Juwan Morgan was an absolute college stud his senior year while Romeo looked like a skinny kid getting thrown around.

Now take a 22 year old Romeo vs a 22 year old Juwan and it's probably not going to be close, like a laughable difference.

But we never get the 22 year old Romeo....we get the 18 year old freshman for one year.

One and done freshmen are rare.

One and done game changing, impactful freshmen are even more rare.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Well you're always recruiting potential and I think we have to give Archie a little bit of credit for bringing in two five-star guards

We have Indiana kids ..I alway's see on here.And Indiana high school sites ..Indiana kids can shoot and score..
There's great players all over America..Victor would be the best player at IU in the last decade.
He's from Maryland..So give it up on these two subjects..
Get Indiana kids.
Fire Archie...Especially this one..Even if suck's..He'll get three year's bare minimum..

ADVERTISEMENT