ADVERTISEMENT

Zeller speaks out... "Hold yourself to a higher standard"

Great Article...Hopefully CTC has a chance to get Cody in to talk to the current team and share this point of view. I am sure a guy like him has alot of influence when it comes to the guys on the team right now. A little outside leadership never hurts.

Great Article...Hopefully CTC has a chance to get Cody in to talk to the current team and share this point of view. I am sure a guy like him has alot of influence when it comes to the guys on the team right now. A little outside leadership never hurts.

You would think so but I wouldn't hold my breath. 12 loss Tommy has a roster full of AAU super stars with length and so much deflection & dunking ability they don't need to listen to some has-been Zeller. The current roster is much more interested in their future NBA stardom than worrying about such trivial matters as representing and winning for IU.

Reactions: palos6637

He obviously was talking about the police here. TIC.

That was a mature article by Zeller. IU sorely misses his leadership.

What's the consensus regarding IU's current roster (or committed recruits) beyond athletic skills? Does CTC put a focus on finding not only a high skill level athlete but also the right personalities? I think Yogi is a solid leader but even he found a way to do something shockingly stupid.

Both Purdue and IU have been burned recently by players that aren't the right fit for their perspective school. I think the difference is Painter has tried to make adjustments to his recruiting style, do you guys feel Crean has made (or is making) the needed adjustments in recruiting?

The 2013 IU team reminded me of the 2002 team - a bunch of mature, self starters who overcame adversity in spite of playing for an inferior, immature coach.

I think it may help with some guys. Look at Holt though. He did not learn after a near fatal accident to stay away from trouble. I doubt some words by Zeller are going to change him.

You would think so but I wouldn't hold my breath. 12 loss Tommy has a roster full of AAU super stars with length and so much deflection & dunking ability they don't need to listen to some has-been Zeller. The current roster is much more interested in their future NBA stardom than worrying about such trivial matters as representing and winning for IU.
That's good stuff.

Holt needs to grow up. One last chance.
agreed.

Crean really needs to re-evaluate his recruiting. He casts a wide net throughout the country and especially the east coast. Most of these players have no idea what IU basketball is all about. They are just AAU kids looking to play on some big stage and IU provides that. While I have never hugely subscribed to the 'only recruit Indiana kids' theorem, I do think there is some credence to it - look no further than Butler. and look at who the trouble makers have been the last few years - out of staters. Yeah Yogi and Davis were involved but perhaps that may have been a function of an infected clubhouse and total disregard for Crean?

Recruit in-state Indiana players 1st, if equal talent the the in-state player. Fill in the gaps to field a talented and balanced roster.

Recruit in-state Indiana players 1st, if equal talent the the in-state player. Fill in the gaps to field a talented and balanced roster.

They do hold themselves to higher standard. The cops are just out To get IU players. It's not their fault.

They do hold themselves to higher standard. The cops are just out To get IU players. It's not their fault.

Stop-Making-Excuses.jpg

I believe the article mentioned that 234 students were cited... only two of them just happened to play basketball, and were therefore going to make the news.

Hell no he doesn't...otherwise, they would have listened to Cody and Jordy and CWat last year when they were dealing with the same crap.

I believe the article mentioned that 234 students were cited... only two of them just happened to play basketball, and were therefore going to make the news.
Wait...I thought excise were only out to get 6' 7" and taller black males that played basketball for IU...I mean the cops are out to get IU, or at least so I have read on here.

There hasn't been a riot in Lexington all summer. You guys are behind...get some gasoline, a pistol, and get going.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

He was suppose to lock the state down. Those were his words.

Time for Yogi to step up and get these youngins straightened out. This team has seriously lacked leadership since Hulls and Watford left.

Some of our players and former players are an extension of their coach. The others are balanced, calculative and focused and that is why they are so successful on and off the court.

What a lovely way of framing the answer.

The kids who are not a problem are naturally good and CTC gets no credit for this. However, the kids who have had problems have been corrupted at IU and this is the fault of CTC.

I disagree with you. The great majority of the roster has no chance for future NBA stardom and they know it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT